Thread: Mavericks!

Mavericks!

Who else thinks the Mavericks can cool off the Heat?

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Huge Mavs fan here! Went to game 1 against the thunder and witnessed his record breaking performance in person, most amazing sports game I've ever been to, no doubt about that.

But, I am supppper nervous about this series. I think the Mavs can win but a lot of things are going to have to go right. They have never played a team with this much talent on it in a while. Yeah I know they beat the Heat like 3-0 during the regular season, but that means almost nothing. I have realllllly high hopes for this team since it's probably one of their last chances to win a championship for a while, since the whole lineup is so old.

Please don't let me down Mavs (((

This should be one heck of a series.

The Mavericks have the depth (and not just a word to throw around to pretend it's an advantage, the Mavericks bench has grossly outscored the other team's benches in the playoffs by far), and Dirk has probably the most unguardable shot in the league with that one-legged kick back rainbow shot. And if they feel like it, they can play solid defense.

On the other hand, the Heat have the star power in their big 3 (who have all hit huge shots in the playoffs), and have had timely contributions from their bench. Plus, I'd say the Heat have had the best defense in the playoffs, but they've only played against teams that either work the paint, drive and kick out, slash or a younger less experienced version of themselves in the 76ers. The Mavs are a jump shooting team albeit, a damn fine jump shooting team.

Basically, this series rests on whether the Heat can defend the perimeter while throwing in some of their own offense on the other end (LBJ vs Marion, Wade vs Stevenson, etc.)

Dallas sucks, its all about the 3 peaaaaat... ohh wait