Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought have mounts like that for PvP was stupid. I could understand if they were the same as the PvE ones as you could "choose your path" to how you wanted to work for what you achieve.
    I never thought of that, I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Every little things Blizz did in cata like simplify everything, making wow a solo-mmorpg, alot of homogenization..
    I'm ok with all of it, really I am. I don't like it but they're not something that'd make me cancel subscription..

But now that I've seen how Cata Arena drakes will look like and how little work has been put into them, I feel extremely disappointed with whoever is leading wow development atm.
    They took a almost 2.5 year old mount and put ugly (subjective, some might like it) armor on it and made it a ultimate reward, something to show off with for the next 2 years for Pvpers.

I mean, how much lazier can they get? And please don't tell me Twilight Drake fits the expansion.. Alot of other things could also fit it, and yet they did the one with the least work.

In the past having arena mount meant something, in wotlk you didn't see frost wyrm for non-pvpers untill 3.3, so whoever had it was THE person to look at.
    Same in TBC, nether drakes were really hard to get untill later in the expansion, and even then they stood out.

But now if you wanna look similar to that dude who achieved top spots in Arena, make a raid group and go kill one boss from last expansion that's 2 and a half years old.
    It takes 20, maybe 30 min. And bam there you have it, mount almost exact same as the person with Gladiator.

What's next expansion, Gladiator's Armored Bronze Drake?
    /poutyface :,(

I was personally expecting to see an armored slate or air scion drake.

I think the armor catches the eye, and makes the average person go "Whoa" And check your buff to see Vicous Gladiator Netherdrake, then they see your title, Gladiator, and go "wow that guy is good at killing people in arenas"

then walks away..

Deleted
    Is today official whine day?

The next Gladiator mount might very well be one of those Fire Hawks with some sweet armor on it

wasnt the "ultimate reward" changed to the ground mounts? arena mounts are in the past, they shouldnt be on par with ground mounts(from the RBG ones)

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Is today official whine day?
    Yes... Didn't you get the memo?

pfff

I honestly don't understand your complaints. ALL THE PVP DRAKES so far have been lazy recolors with added lowres textured armor. What exactly is different in this case?

You're saying it "looks similar to an easily obtainable mount". But so do all the other pvp drakes. Personally I can't even tell the difference up close in the case of WotLK frost wyrms. They all look exactly the same.
    Last edited by Commander; 2011-05-31 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Not in arenas. I can't say I understand how the PvP mounts are related to the PvE content. Don't the neutral goblin factions run the arenas? Where are they getting these dragons from?
    When did you fight the netherwing dragons in arena?

Frostwyrms?

Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    Actually, Currently we fight the twilight cult, so the Twilight drake does fit, Just saying.
    While I certainly do not agree with the OP, I fail to see a relation here...

The Twilight Dragon Flight stem from the workings of Sinestra and Deathwing to create an ultimate Dragon Flight. The Twilight Cult serves Cho'gall and his masters (The Old Gods), they have absolutely nothing to do with Deathwing. Just because they both happen to have the word "Twilight" in their names does not make them related.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Every little things Blizz did in cata like simplify everything, making wow a solo-mmorpg, alot of homogenization..
    I'm ok with all of it, really I am. I don't like it but they're not something that'd make me cancel subscription..

But now that I've seen how Cata Arena drakes will look like and how little work has been put into them, I feel extremely disappointed with whoever is leading wow development atm.
    1st of all, this model is not "2.5 years old", drake trio in BWL had very same model, but long before BWL release there there were drakes with same model - rare mobs in Hillsbrad, Tanaris and Blasted Lands.

2nd, yeeeeah, (as owner of s1 netherdrake, "dragged by pve gear etc etc") i was dusgusted how lazy blizzard designers are!!! How fucking lame to use same model but with some random shineh armor??? And they've just recolored same mount during 4 arena seasons of TBC!!!

263 and counting dift types of mounts. You learn graphic design, coding, and make an original one, and send it to Blizz. They're prob open to suggestions.

Deleted
    Vengeful drakes were just reskinned nether drakes, in wrath they didnt even remodel the drakes they used. Ironbound and rusted are just repainted proto drakes. Its not the mount that matters, its what you did to get it.

Besides, even if they are just reskins, they look badass. I'd love to get my hands on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I honestly don't understand your complaints. ALL THE PVP DRAKES so far have been lazy recolors with added lowres textured armor. What exactly is different in this case?
    Except that those PvP drakes came first, and for a while gladiators were the only people to have them. Eventually, similar mounts were made available though PvE. This season's/expansion's gladiator mount is a "lazy recolor with added lowres textured armor" of a PvE mount that has already been available for years.

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    When did you fight the netherwing dragons in arena? Frostwyrms?
    I never said those made sense either. I find those expansions' arena mounts questionable too. The difference is that those are done with while this one is impending and relevant.

arena mounts, yeah I could care less, and I am a rabid mount collector. When I saw someone on a mount all I thought was, wow they know how to hump a pillar, nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I never said those made sense either. I find those expansions' arena mounts questionable too. The difference is that those are done with while this one is impending and relevant.
    So you're demanding they make sense now when they didn't before?

why don't you just quit wow if you're not happy...

Perhaps you should be glad you get a mount at all, they don't have to give you anything as a reward, you knowing you got to that high in arena should surely be enough, the extra mount is a nice bonus.

i have many hard to get flying mounts on my main, plus 310% speed, but i still prefer to ride my reg. white gryphon from honor hold. And i look real epic riding it.