Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynon View Post
    Pope Benedict XVI was once a Nazi.
    Well he "joined" the Hitler Youth at age 14 in 1941. Wikipedia says from '39 on there was a law so everyone had to.
    Other than that, no affiliation with the nazis (except for being German) can be tracked. Now I know many people who deeply were involved later on denied it, but you can't just say he was a Nazi. Except everyone who lived in Germany at that time is a Nazi to you. But that would be a different discussion

Deleted
    In certain parts of Alaska, it's illegal for a male moose to have sex with a female moose on public sidewalks.
    Also, in Germany, you're not allowed to play metalmusic in swimming pools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaito View Post
    Also, in Germany, you're not allowed to play metalmusic in swimming pools.
    Really? I could imagine that any kind of music that was so loud that it could disturb others was banned, but a ban on Metal specifically? Where did you get that one?

Deleted
    I read it somewhere once. Can't remember where or when unfortunately, but since a german guy was fined for it (so i read), I guess it just stuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaito View Post
    I read it somewhere once. Can't remember where or when unfortunately, but since a german guy was fined for it (so i read), I guess it just stuck.
    hehe okay, I'm gonna find out if it was a regional rule. To the pool!

I cannot recall which state, but it is illegal to keep a gorilla in the back seat of a car. It can be in any other seat.
    Boxing with a pickle in your right hand is considered good luck.
    Elizabeth Bathory bathed in virgin women blood to retain her youth. Her and four servants tortured, raped, and murdered over 600 virgin peasant girls that were lured to the castle via offering of well paying maidservant work.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    You can't lick your elbow

Stop trying to lick your elbow!
    Soo close...!

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Elizabeth Bathory bathed in virgin women blood to retain her youth. Her and four servants tortured, raped, and murdered over 600 virgin peasant girls that were lured to the castle via offering of well paying maidservant work.
    I listen to a band called Bathory (not around anymore) and I remember reading this when I looked up a Wikipedia article about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the weirder Australian Laws (varying in State)

W.A In Western Australia it is illegal to crush beercans between your breasts in the pub! A 31 year old barmaid who worked at the Premier Hotel in Pinjarra, south of Perth, ended up in court and was fined $1000.- for crushing beercans between her breasts!

Vic - In october 2003 the Victorian parliament introduced legislation banning the eating of cats and dogs.
    Authorities apparently receive regular complaints of people eating cats and dogs but a recent report that somone had bought a puppy for the purpose of eating it led to this new law which also prohibits people from slaughtering any other animal not included in the Meat Industry Act as "consumable".

and the most unlogical stupid idea is... MELBOURNE - Hook Turns

If you're turning right at an intersection you would normally go to the centre of the road and, when there is no traffic coming from the opposite direction, make your turn. Not in Melbourne! At a small number of very busy intersections in the centre of Melbourne's CBD, where two tram lines cross each other, you have to pull over to your left, wait until the traffic light from the street you want to turn into changes to green, and then complete your turn!. If cars were waiting to turn right from the middle of the road, they would be blocking the tram lines, thus holding up a large amount of trams. To ensure the flow of traffic stays at a reasonable level, the hook turn was invented.

Here is one that totally fits on topic and : WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrend...meatoutoffeces
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

When you feel you're about to sneeze and you touch the palate (roof of the mouth) with your tongue, the sensation passes and you will not sneeze.

This isn't all that useless though, it actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    When you feel you're about to sneeze and you touch the palate (roof of the mouth) with your tongue, the sensation passes and you will not sneeze.

This isn't all that useless though, it actually works.
    So going to try this next time I have to sneeze.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    You can't lick your elbow

Stop trying to lick your elbow!
    I can, but then again I have hypermobility which means I can bend my elbows backwards as well as forwards!

Deleted
    The length between your elbow and the beginning of your carpals (wrist), the length between your carpals and fingertips and the length between your heels and your toes are (not even too) roughly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    - the word IKEA is derived from the first letter of the guy who started the company, the name of the farm where he grew up and the village in which that farm was.
    Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd, to be exact : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    The first television sitcom couple ever to share the same bed on a regular basis was gruesome twosome Lily and Herman Munster.

Cookie Monster's real name is Sid.

Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

Ben and Jerry's send the waste from making ice cream to local pig farmers to use as feed. Pigs love the stuff, except for one flavor: Mint Oreo.

Cat's urine glows under a blacklight.

Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.

In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die.

"Kemo Sabe" means "soggy shrub" in Navajo.

On average, a right- handed person lives nine years longer than a left-handed person.

China has more English speakers than the USA

Los Angeles's Full Name Is: "El Pueblo De Nuestra Senora La Reina De Los Angeles De Poriuncula" And Can Be Abbeviated To 3.63% Of Its Size, "La"

The Slogan On New Hampshire License Plates Is "Live Free Or Die." These License Plates Are Manufactured By Prisioners In The State Prison In Concord

Honey Is The Only Natural Food That Is Made Without Destroying Any Kind Of Life. What About Milk You Say? A Cow Has To Eat Grass To Produce Milk And Grass Is Living

Many Psychiatrists Say Bill Clinton Shows Signs Of Being Addicted To Sex

A Common Medicine In Medieval England Was Water A Murderer Has Washed His Hands In

Marilyn Manson Was A Regular Actor On The Wonder Years

The Only Domestic Animal Not Mentioned In The Bible Is The Cat

10+ Year Old Account
    Eating candy before going to sleep gives you nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    Eating candy before going to sleep gives you nightmares.
    Eating candy before going to bed gives YOU nightmares. I, however, remain unaffected. I'm sure many others can eat whatever they damn well please before bed and be nightmare-free.

On topic: It's pronounced "es-PRESS-oh", not "ex-PRESS-oh". Please, learn the difference. People who say "expresso" just make me want to hit them.

Dogs CAN see color, however, their color perception range is quite limited. Humans have three types of cones in their eyes which are tuned to different wavelengths, while dogs only have two. This leads to a smaller set of possible color combinations - dogs have trouble with shades of red, green, and orange.

Deleted
    The "red eyes" seen when taking a picture are the bloodvessels in your eyeballs. Having a flash done before the picture makes your pupil reflex smallen your eye-opening. that way you won't see it red but black.