Heroic Throne of the 4 winds. Tips, tricks.

Sup guys. Since we got Omnitron HM down today <realm first, woohoo!>, were gona work on Tot4w tomorrow. There's 3 guilds tied for first on Shadowsong, (Us, 25man), and 2 10man guilds. This just won't do. We can't be beat by some 10man'ers. I won't have it!

If anything comes to mind that you wish you knew before or anything that could help me not be my baddie self, maybe you could share a bit with me. How'd you guys do it? Looks like were going to go with a Air/Ice/Life strat. We took a few trys after raid tonight. Doesn't seem to be that hard. Though Rohash's platform is a bit of a pita.

So let me know what worked for you, Hell I'll try anything once.

One issue I did want to talk about was Bane of Havoc. Is it better to put it on one and let Doom tick away on the other even if I'm dpsing the bane of havoc plaform, or should I switch havoc/doom as I jump platforms?

Help me help us kick these other guys in the balls tomorrow.

<3

Deleted
    if your dps sucks, delay the death of any boss and get a 3rd nezir phase. by the time u go to the 3rd aoe @ nezir, rohash should be at 15% and anshal at 5% (because anshal heals while u are at nezir). put your burst classes at rohash to kill the shield fast. 1-2 mages and hunters should be on anshal for misdirections and circles of frost, helps the kiter.

if you dps rohash, do not chaos bolt during the shield, it ignores it instead of damaging it and u dont want that. u can avoid all the wind blasts by placing your demonic circle on the right side as u face the boss and have nezir bridge at your back, and u stand on the left side, at max range from the portal (when the wind blast is between the portal and u, teleport). i was at anshal and i placed my portal on nezir's side of the bridge so i could get back to anshal faster. guys from rohash stay a bit longer to dps nezir after an aoe phase, so they dont jump back to rohash during the wind blast (after all, anshal heals, rohash doesnt, so rohash guys have some spare time to dps nezir).

if your dps is good, u can time the death of rohash/anshal before the 3rd nezir phase (they have to die at the same time!!!). bloodlust/hero after the first 2 are dead and everyone is on nezir's platform (u got 1 minute to kill nezir after first boss dies). when rohash+anshal die, u can and should have nezir at 50%-40% if i remember right (havent killed this for a while, i forgot).

edit: added some more advice
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2011-06-01 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    The maximum transfer range of bane of havoc is 40 yards
    You sure? I recall using Havoc on this fight before

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    You sure? I recall using Havoc on this fight before
    Im fairly sure Bane of havoc has an unlimited range once its up on a target.

looking at http:// worldoflogs. com/reports /rt-lfcacfkx09qwdyo1/spell/ 85455/?s=14580&e=14776

I cant seem to think otherwise... how else would he have done dmg on nezir with havoc?

Deleted
    We've only killed HM Conclave once, but I recall BoH worked perfectly on the logs, unless it's been hotfixed since we killed it.. a few weeks ago now.

This just won't do. We can't be beat by some 10man'ers. I won't have it!
    This is one of those group comp dependent 10 man fights. If you don't have 2 classes capable of extreme burst when called for you'll fail. We use a frost mage and sub rogue. Overall we have a kiter on the Anshal adds. Burn Nezir during ultimates, and have the rogue solo the Rohash ultimate.

As an affliction lock I have the job of dpsing Anshal and then moving to Nezir's platform for the ult. Rinse and repeat.

Its much easier with a good comp, but realistically, almost any 2 damagers can blow up the shield if they know how to time things well, save mini-CD's/resources.

Did it as demo with a marks hunter, and another time as destro with a marks hunter. And that marks hunter was...under par. Timed BoD to tick during the shield, used a soulburn-soulfire, Hold onto a fel spark proc for maximum duration, have a cast in air as he's about to hit 35 energy, and then another + instant soul fire. If the gods smile upon you and fel spark does proc, mash the button like 4 times, as a charge is NOT consumed if the damage is in any way absorbed.

You can also use your portal to eat the rohash ultimate.

Another option, is using your havoc on rohash and go back to anshal, if the dps on that platform is a little lacking because of weird comp/saving CD's.

All 3 specs are viable for various reasons, once your tanks figure out how to swap and rohash platform stops dying, its straight forward.
    Member of the 4.3 Firelord club.
    The very mention of demon warlock as a tanking spec makes me vomit profusely, so please abstain from it.

WBC needs damagers, ELE/ARMS/FIRE needed most. Wendigobrewing.com to apply! 2/8 heroic 25m. 3 days, 4 hours a day.

Well, no luck. Almost had it. I think they reset on us with Life at 3%. Needed one more on life platform I guess. Just couldn't pull off a good attempt after that. We still have tomorrow. Should get it. Thanks for the help yall.

<3