Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

This just in: Bind of Equip becomes soul bound!

If a player wins a Need roll under the Need Before Greed system on a Bind on Equip item, the item will become Soulbound to that player. The item will remain unbound if won via a Greed roll.
    Least that will stop the sneaky Ninjas
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

this JUST in?
    That said, I think it's a great idea. Can't stand people needing on loot I ACTUALLY NEED, just to get themselves a bit more gold.

I'm going to guess it won't be tradeable?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    If im in a group and I role for tht, and it becomes soulbound... I'll just vendor it
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I'm going to guess it won't be tradeable?
    Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    people will still ninja just to vendor. but still is a good idea.

Deleted
    What percentage of people that play read patchnotes? There's still going to be raging as I doubt the vast majority of the people who need on BoEs will actually be aware of this change until it has been released a few months. There will still be problems, now even more so as the ninja is left with a useless vendor item and those who wanted it in the first place will just rage even harder.

They need to make them disenchantable if you need on items too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Limiter View Post
    They might do, but its a calculated risk this time
    -Roll need. Better chance of winning the item, poor reward.
    -Roll greed. Less chance of winning, better reward if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Limiter View Post
    I don't think ninja'n a boe for the measly 10-20g that you'll get will be as much of much of a problem as ninja'n for 20k like some of these items sell for, especially on some servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    They need to make them disenchantable if you need on items too.
    There should be no incentive for people to roll need on an item they do not intend to equip while using the Dungeon Finder. The item should not be able to be disenchanted and have only a 1c vendor price if won by a need roll.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by Davesmason View Post
    What percentage of people that play read patchnotes? There's still going to be raging as I doubt the vast majority of the people who need on BoEs will actually be aware of this change until it has been released a few months. There will still be problems, now even more so as the ninja is left with a useless vendor item and those who wanted it in the first place will just rage even harder.
    It's more likely to happen in the troll heroics, but those BOE values are already plummeting. Any BOT or Firelands trash run I'm sure the RL will remind everyone in advance.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    There should be no incentive for people to roll need on an item they do not intend to equip while using the Dungeon Finder. The item should not be able to be disenchanted and have only a 1c vendor price if won by a need roll.

sorry I meant undisenchantable.... is that even a word?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    sorry I meant undisenchantable.... is that even a word?
    It is now, right? Better register it before I do.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

So many fails incoming with BoE world loots !

*runs DM in LFG*
    *Purplez BoE drops*
    *All idiots that dont need it go NEEEEEEED except you*
    *One idiot wins via NEED roll, and cant sell it to AH afterwards*

Repeat for at least 6 months until everyone understand the system.

zzzzzz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post

*runs DM in LFG*
    *Purplez BoE drops*

zzzzzz
    You're an idiot yourself for not waiting a few seconds before pressing need/greed. If i see someone pressing need while he doesn't need it, i obviously just press need as well. Problem solved.
    Idk why blizzard is like 6 years too late with this "update"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post

*runs DM in LFG*
    *Purplez BoE drops*

zzzzzz
    Its not like they couldn't add a confirmation window after rolling need on a BoE noting that this will make it soulbound.
    Y'know, like they already do for BoP items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Its not like they couldn't add a confirmation window after rolling need on a BoE noting that this will make it soulbound.
    Y'know, like they already do for BoP items.
    Most people probably wouldn't even read what they're clicking ... just like the TOA.

People will still need it if they have the option to need an epic, even it if is out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    People will still need it if they have the option to need an epic, even it if is out of spite.
    I will be able to console myself with the fact that they will not be making several thousand gold from it though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.