Last edited by ButterToast; 2011-06-01 at 05:01 PM.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Deleted
    you need to change the motherboard, Sandy Bridge CPUs use Socket 1155 and not 1366 :P

I think there is a version of that Motherboard for 1155 if uou want it for any special reason

Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    you need to change the motherboard, Sandy Bridge CPUs use Socket 1155 and not 1366 :P
    im not good with parts.. :P 1155 ill search it on amazon

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 06:47 PM ----------

ASUS P8P67 PRO <REV 3.0> LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 Supported Intel P67 DDR3 2400 ATX Motherboard

does this work ? says USB 3.0 tho , so it wont work on other USB things (2.0 2.5 etc) ?
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

The motherboard will work, and USB 3 will work with all lower USB devices. You can't use a USB 3 device on older ports though.

Also if you are just using this for gaming, I would get the I5 2500K (or even the I5 2500 if you aren't planning to overclock), then use the extra money to try and get something better for the graphics card, like the GTX 560 ti.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 11:58 AM ----------

Yes, graphics cards are based on the slots of the motherboard, not the processor (ie, pretty much any graphics card in the last 5 years will work).

The 560 ti is better than the one you listed, so you will be able to do more than just play WoW on Ultra, you might be able to play other games like MW3 on Ultra too :P

You seem like you don't know much about putting together a pc. Don't worry, I was in your shoes a few weeks ago and it is actually really easy to do but pretty easy to mess up. Just follow the motherboards manual (some things you can skip because it incorporates every little thing that you might need). You will also need a thermal paste for when you attach your heatsink/fan to your processor, I recommend looking up Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound. Don't put too much of it on, you only need slightly more than a pea size.

Honostly putting together a pc is like adult legos, the parts won't fit unless they are supposed to go there.

Edit: Also, don't put a magnet on your hard drive, and don't have a lot of static on you when you are building it.

650 Watt PSU will be fine. The thing I would be most concerned with in regards to a case is the room between the back of the case and the HD cage. Graphic cards seem to only keep getting larger.

i feel like an IDIOT on these things .. :P
    all i want is a strong pc, that can handle games and has high fps (stable not choppy) and could last some time with me :P

Quote Originally Posted by trullz View Post
    and don't have a lot of static on you when you are building it.
    To elaborate on this don't put on teddy bear costume and play inside a beanbag before you go putting it together.

It all looks good apart from the CPU and motherboard compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    It all looks good apart from the CPU and motherboard compatibility.
    i see.. what do u sugguest :P ?

Any board with p67 or z68 in the title will be fine. z68 has a few more features that will help boot times when done properly and also will be faster for video-rendering. IIRC.

Well look at this...

Processor > Intel Core i7 Processor i7-2600K 3.4GHz 8MB LGA1155 CPU BX80623I72600K

Mother Board > ASUS LGA 1366 - Intel X58 - Republic of Gamers - ATX Motherboard Rampage III Extreme

Your trying to put a 1155 CPU into a 1366 Motherboard hehe, basically what the others said really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally if your building this to game then you should drop down to a I5-2500 and put the money difference into the GPU. In gaming a I5-2500 and I7-2600 perform nearly identical. You will need a p67r h67 MB as well :P With the difference in cash you could go up to a 560 TI or 6870.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131730 $209

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128503 $159

Many more to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Well look at this...

Processor > Intel Core i7 Processor i7-2600K 3.4GHz 8MB LGA1155 CPU BX80623I72600K

Mother Board > ASUS LGA 1366 - Intel X58 - Republic of Gamers - ATX Motherboard Rampage III Extreme

Your trying to put a 1155 CPU into a 1366 Motherboard hehe, basically what the others said really.
    i see!!! hmm this might not be so hard afterall..

Go with Corsair AX750W Power Supply if you think its over kill, get quality 550W Psu either from Corsair like Corsair TX 650 or Antec.
    As for cooling go for Corsair H70 Water cooling But I recommend you to wait for Corsair h80 or h100.
    For case go for Cooler Master Haf X or Nzxt Phantom or Antec Twelve Hundred.
    I would personally go for HAF X

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    what games do u play??? it's really important u tell us because lets say for example u only play wow that would be really overkill, basically just build a pc for the stuff u use it for if u want to play crysis 2 on max settings then that pc is fine. so what will your main use of the pc be and for which games?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    what games do u play??? it's really important u tell us because lets say for example u only play wow that would be really overkill, basically just build a pc for the stuff u use it for if u want to play crysis 2 on max settings then that pc is fine. so what will your main use of the pc be and for which games?
    good question :P
    Well since i dont have much to choose with my current pc, currently i play these on my pc

World of Warcraft
    Call of Duty (my pc can handle the series till black ops it runs HORRIBLE even in LOW settings, and mw3 is coming!)