[Movies] The Hangover Part 2 (MAJOR SPOILERS!!!)

As funny as this movie was, i was severely disappointed at how similar it was to the first one. It was literally the exact same movie as the first one in a different city. They get drunk the night before a wedding, they cant remember anything because Zach Galifinakis drugged them, their friend is missing, they think some crime lord has him, he doesnt, turns out the friend was in the hotel, barely make it to the wedding, find camera and look through the pictures promising that they will delete them, blah, blah, blah. These are just some of many examples.

I went in expecting the same basic plot, but they didn't even try to change it up at all. And i hear they're making a third one? Why?

yeah plot was completely the same and the whole idea of pictures at the end was completely the same, but they made it because they thought it would be funny. eh...

10+ Year Old Account
    I went in expecting the same basic plot, but they didn't even try to change it up at all. And i hear they're making a third one? Why?
    Because it made so much money. Simple as that.

Edit: And come on, how many times were the original Stars Wars movies remade? They made so much money "re-re-re-releasing" those things.

Deleted

DEADMAU5 !

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Edit: And come on, how many times were the original Stars Wars movies remade? They made so much money "re-re-re-releasing" those things.
    Yeah, but they didnt call it a new movie. They added in better special effects and converted it to dvd, but they didnt call it "Star Wars 7"

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Glad I didn't see the 2nd.........or the 1st.

But it had a drug dealing monkey who smoked...that is worth a sequel right there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but they didnt call it a new movie. They added in better special effects and converted it to dvd, but they didnt call it "Star Wars 7"
    True, but the intent is still the same. Suck money from people by getting them to buy something that probably isn't worth the money because it was barely different than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    Yeah the plot was the same, but it was still hilarious. If you're watching The Hangover (1 or 2) for the plot, I feel like comedy isn't the genre for you.

They'd make a third one because the 2nd one was hugely successful, and very funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found Kung Fu Panda 2 to be better than this movie honestly, but that doesn't mean this movie didn't have its merits.

First off, this is a sequel, look at most movies and video games, sequels have always done bad. There are very few rare cases where the sequel is better than the first.

Second, this movie was good. Face it, they even said in the previews, that this move would have the exact same plot formula as the original. It was the jokes, the environment, the characters, the sex, and so forth that had to be changed. However, that never happened in this movie.The environment was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. BANGKOK! Why on earth did they choose that place for their environment! Las Vegas in Western Culture has always been seen to be the most devilish, fun, and sexiest place around but they chose a place that me and my friends never heard of, plus why we would go there, it looks awful. The characters were fine. The sex was fine. The jokes were the thing that made people hate this movie, it was too dark! A kid's finger getting cutted off and unable to be sewed back to normal, that is frightening. One finger will allow him to lose many of the things that made him what he is now. The rational behind the story was insane! You had the Step-Father (The wife's father) immediately accept the nard-dog when his son went through that crap, and a boat vehicle crashing into their beach. It felt insane! Other than that, it was an okay movie and I am not really all that ashamed to have watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik View Post
    Yeah the plot was the same, but it was still hilarious. If you're watching The Hangover (1 or 2) for the plot, I feel like comedy isn't the genre for you.

They'd make a third one because the 2nd one was hugely successful, and very funny.
    I did find it funny, i said that in the OP. But i strongly disagree that plot has no meaning in comedy. The first one had an original and genious (using the term loosely) plot. It was a plot that was in and of itself funny, and made the movie. This second one basically copy and pasted the original plot into a new movie as a vehicle for new jokes.

Honestly, while it was funny, it wasn't funny enough to make me forget that i just paid nine bucks for a movie i've already seen.

He's in the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

but everyone knew they were re-making them, here it was an identical sequel that took place in another city.

I personally like that they did that. I mean there were some different things but the way that movie is made is why it's so good imo. One of the funniest movies i've seen in a while. (mostly because of Zach Galifinakis )

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    BANGKOK! Why on earth did they choose that place for their environment! Las Vegas in Western Culture has always been seen to be the most devilish, fun, and sexiest place around but they chose a place that me and my friends never heard of, plus why we would go there, it looks awful.
    You and your friends have never heard of Bangkok, Thailand???

I enjoyed this one as much as I enjoyed the first one, which I thought was mediocre...so yeah. It had it's laughs, the similarities between the beginning and end of both movies were funny, however it was the similarities in between that kind of bothered me. Instead of a tiger in the bathroom, it's a monkey. Instead of popping out of the trunk of a car, Chow jumps out of the ice machine. Instead of roofies in the Jager, it was ADHD and muscle relaxant pills in the marshmellows. Terribly lazy. However, I went in already not expecting much and I guess that's why it was fun to watch. I'll probably watch the third, even just for Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms...I fucking hate Zach Galifianakis.
    There's A "Hardmode" In My Pants, And I Want You To "Beat" It.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • [li]I will track down anyone mentioning an emulated server/sandbox on my forums, find where he lives, and steal all his left shoes.[/li]