A little unsure of spec

Using the 10 / 0 / 31 spec (Healing 10s: Tank and raid with middle mana problems) i really want natures cure and am not sure where to take the talent point from to get it?

Any help would be great thankyou )

Sorry im new to forum so it wont let me post a link

Hello!

If you have a Priest or Shaman in the raid group you are running with, leave the dispelling to them since they can heal.
    And tell your character name, server and region so I can look up closer to your spec, I run with 4 / 3 / 34 at the moment.

We only do 10 man raids currently and no shami most of the time so i feel as tho i need to take it just to help out Characters name is Loopyfruit from the red shirts on Dath'Remar

) Any help is fantastic thankyou )

---------- Post added 2011-06-02 at 04:16 PM ----------

Ahh this thing messes up my smiley faces

i have questions for u.
    have you used the LS calculator on the resto sticky? obviously for tank healing its great, but for raid healing u probably drop it for another genisis point.
    Also, it looks like you are gemming for socket bonus's.... why? The sticky also goes to illustrate that unless u get 20 intel (10 is pushing it sometimes in later gear lvls) from the socket bonus, get ur meta and go PURE intel. more mana retention that way as well.
    Side note : ALOT of your haste is wasted atm, seems u have reforged the EVERYTHING u can to haste... more than 2 reckless, and ur still only 1430ish. The haste breakpoint to hit is 2005 (1579'ish with DI... consult the table in the resto sticky for exact numbers), if you cant hit it, just go to the 956 haste breakpoint and get ALOT of mastery. you will be better off till u can hit ur 2005 (1579'ish) breakpoint.
    As to your talents, mana problems in GENERAL are diffucult to gauge, but anytime you use the words "mana problem", i take it as you need more regen. so you might wanna drop most ur extra throughput stats to pick up furor. start with the cookie 8/3/31 then slowly ween urself off furor till u get a comfortable lvl. since gold SHOULDNT be an issue, you should find ur "comfort zone" in mana then look at ur points to spare.
    Last edited by SargorVirm; 2011-06-02 at 08:31 AM. Reason: YAY SPELLING /facepalm

It's really difficult to give you any advice without seeing your talents. It really depends what talents you feel strongly about; whether you wish to keep Living Seed, if you have Nature's Swiftness, etc.

I guess something like this could work for you? Again, depends how much you use Regrowth and whether you'd prefer to have Nature's Bounty.
    Last edited by emni; 2011-06-02 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    This is... ridiculous.

Her specc is 10/0/31. If she were to drop one point in Licing Seed (resto tree) and put it into Genesis (balance tree), it means you are suggesting a 11/0/30 specc which is impossible.
    no, i just did alittle research on armory before POSTING, saw what his current spec was. which actually has 1pt in living seed, 1 in genisis, and he has his natures cure. 9/0/32
    Ty for making me clarify myself i guess, might of seem'd vague
    Last edited by SargorVirm; 2011-06-02 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added spec details

I took the 1 point in LS as it was needed to get to the next tier in the talent tree the haste thing is noted tho and same for the gems i will have a play around with them

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    no, i just did alittle research on armory before POSTING, saw what his current spec was. which actually has 1pt in living seed, 1 in genisis, and he has his natures cure. 9/0/32
    Ty for making me clarify myself i guess, might of seem'd vague
    I can't browse armory at work, only direct links, so I went by what OP posted. Sorry. ^^

Not my fault he/she provided false info, though. :/

s'all good.... i do that at work all the time.... tbh its 1:45 am here... so being clear would prolly be a good idea on forums.. but so tired

---------- Post added 2011-06-02 at 08:50 AM ----------

oh... btw... one other question OP.
    i noticed u are glyph'd for innervate, are you feeding your shaman, priest, paladin? or are you swapping with the other druid? Either way, i wouldnt get comfy with it since in 4.2 they are WAY nerfing the innervate feed.

Emni

Sorry it doesnt want to let me link urls still i do use regrowth a fair bit, how about if i used the spec you linked but used 1 point in LS and 2 points in Natures bounty ??

The Living Seed Calculator should answer that for you.

There's really no easy way of telling without it.

I for instance mostly raid-heal in 10-mans while rolling Lifebloom on the tank and occasionally fill in with direct heals. Regrowth on OoC, Swiftmends, sometimes Nourish to refresh LB or HT to cover a bigger health gap, the usual. And even for me Living Seed is more beneficial than Nature's Bounty or Blessing of the Grove according to the calculator. This is a choice that might not be always obvious. I also don't have Nature's Swiftness, I simply don't find the long cooldown worth the very minor healing boost.

In the end, you really need to tailor your talents to your play-style. This is because there are too many talents whose benefit depends on it and the calculator above can help show you that. If you mainly tank-heal, then you might not need Swift Rejuvenation, for example.

Going by your current spec on the armory 9/0/32.

I would move one point out of Nature's Bounty and put it over in genesis. Because of needing to get to 15 points you have to have that one point in either Living Seed or BotG. Chances are living seed is the better place to have that one point. Personally between another 20% chance to crit on a spell I only use on OOC procs and a blanket boost to all my HoT's and Swiftmend I feel I get more from Genesis.

If you make that change your spec will be identical to mine. I mainly do 10's so while I am not normally required to cleanse it is nice to have as backup especially if your cleanser needs a night off and your fill in isn't as experienced.

--Pharazon

Awesome thankyou for the help guys with the spec i had currently and changing my haste and gems its helped heaps will change the points around to what was pointed out above and see how that goes )

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just my opinions on some of the comments above. Dont listen to the "always gem 40int" unless the socket bonus is X. I would try to get to 2005 haste and that might require you using some hybrid gems or straight haste gem's. If you can get to the 2005 break point by using some haste gems then I would definitely do that. If not, then yes, gem 40int unless X socket bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    The Living Seed Calculator should answer that for you.

There's really no easy way of telling without it.

I for instance mostly raid-heal in 10-mans while rolling Lifebloom on the tank and occasionally fill in with direct heals. Regrowth on OoC, Swiftmends, sometimes Nourish to refresh LB or HT to cover a bigger health gap, the usual. And even for me Living Seed is more beneficial than Nature's Bounty or Blessing of the Grove according to the calculator. This is a choice that might not be always obvious. I also don't have Nature's Swiftness, I simply don't find the long cooldown worth the very minor healing boost.

In the end, you really need to tailor your talents to your play-style. This is because there are too many talents whose benefit depends on it and the calculator above can help show you that. If you mainly tank-heal, then you might not need Swift Rejuvenation, for example.
    This.

Anyone telling you to choose this over this or that over that is just giving bad advice. There is NO right answer. Every single person will be different because they are all so close. Spec 3/3 LS, heal a raid, use the calc, and you'll see what spec is perfect for you. It's the absolutely only way to know.

Quote Originally Posted by mookspal View Post
    Just my opinions on some of the comments above. Dont listen to the "always gem 40int" unless the socket bonus is X. I would try to get to 2005 haste and that might require you using some hybrid gems or straight haste gem's. If you can get to the 2005 break point by using some haste gems then I would definitely do that. If not, then yes, gem 40int unless X socket bonus.
    well, i did the calculations, judging that he only had 2 pure int gems, so there was no REAL way he was gunna pick up a whopping 400 more haste through gemming strait haste. i would never suggest something without doing my homework on it first :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    well, i did the calculations, judging that he only had 2 pure int gems, so there was no REAL way he was gunna pick up a whopping 400 more haste through gemming strait haste. i would never suggest something without doing my homework on it first :P
    I did not mean to say your suggestion was not correct just that your comment is a little misleading. I am assuming that since he is asking questions he is relatively new to "theory crafting." I completely understood what you said and how it was directed at his current needs, but you have to remember that making a statement like that can be misleading. In a few gear pieces he might be closer to the 2005 point and still think " Gem Int " over everything. I was merely pointing out that while your train of thought is correct it is not an always rule.