Poll: Dwarf

Page 10 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeneia View Post
    Funny thing, that they make two movies out of the hobbit. Originally they wanted to make only two LotR movies, but Jackson insisted on three.
    Wrong, sort of. Jackson had told them that he thought they could make The Lord of the Rings into two movies. Jackson did not insist on three movies, he thought two would be fine, he just knew that one wasn't enough. Anyway, it was developed for 18 months as only two movies. But when New Line came in, they wanted 3 movies, and that was great for him.

"We always wanted to make more than one film", explains Jackson. "For starters, we made a decision at the very beginning that you could never do Lord of the Rings as one film, which a lot of people have tried to do. I think that's one of the reasons why it hasn't been made for 50 years, because there have been scripts written and there have been filmmakers who have sort of dabbled with the project over the years that have tried to put it into one script and have failed, so we thought, we're definitely not gonna make one."

Originally, Jackson recalls, "we were gonna make two, and Miramax was developing the project with us for 18 months as two films. And then ultimately when New Line came on board it was New Line's idea to make three. That was perfect for us, because obviously it's like the three books."
    So, there ya go.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TraksSuns View Post
    I cant imagine Silmarillion as movie. Its basically chronicles on form of short tales. and they jump from one event to another.
    The story about Beren and Luthien maybe. I was on they library the other day and saw they had Hurins Children, which was labeled as a edited and more reader friendly (by Tolkiens son, Christopher Tolkien) version of some key part of Silmarilion. Didnt pick it up but did browse abit in it.
    Morgoth/Melkor, Gothmog and Glaurung, and maybe Ungoliant would prolly do well as CGI characters if they ever made it into the movies.
    Last edited by mmoc20f115c1ec; 2011-07-28 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    That leftmost dwarf has Yu-gi-oh hair. I expect him to yell 'you activated my trap" at some point in the movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trailer will be premiering tonight at 7 P.M Eastern time, and it won't just be a title card teaser, it's a full blown trailer. Can't wait for the best trailer of the year to be released in only a few hours! :3

15+ Year Old Account
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thehobbit/

epicepicepicepicepic

youtube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnxSgbuWoU

Damn need to wait another year, it'll be worth it though!
    Last edited by Solidito; 2011-12-21 at 03:48 AM.

I laughed when Gandalf rattled off all the dwarves names and it kept going and going. The song they sang was great too. Everything looks great visually. Can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great teaser. I had goosebumps when I heard : "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses, Precious?"

Twelve months are too long to wait...

15+ Year Old Account
    Great trailer, loved every moment of it, this will not be one to miss! 2012 will be a great year for movies, and this will be a great way to "end" it. O.o No pun...

removed...
    Last edited by Legit101; 2012-04-28 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted

720p - best I've found so far on YouTube, for those unwilling to install QuickTime.

I got chills.

By the way, the song's lyrics are original JRRT.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I got chills.

By the way, the song's lyrics are original JRRT.
    Me too my man.

Brings tears to my eyes seeing Bag End again. And all the amazing memories of when I read LotR and the Hobbit as a kid.
    Even the amazing memories of going to see the 3 LotR movies a decade ago. and gollum at the end!
    omg Im so happy!

Epic Trailer indeed. next year cant come soon enough.

this film may be the best of lord of the rings

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Great teaser. I had goosebumps when I heard : "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses, Precious?"

Twelve months are too long to wait...
    I got pleasant shivers down my spine when the dwarves started singing. This is going to be fucking epic!
    Best movie of whatever year it comes out in.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Me too my man.

Brings tears to my eyes seeing Bag End again. And all the amazing memories of when I read LotR and the Hobbit as a kid.
    Even the amazing memories of going to see the 3 LotR movies a decade ago. and gollum at the end!
    omg Im so happy!

Epic Trailer indeed. next year cant come soon enough.
    I honestly can't believe it's 10 years ago. 10 freaking years. It's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I got pleasant shivers down my spine when the dwarves started singing. This is going to be fucking epic!
    Best movie of whatever year it comes out in.[COLOR="red"]
    That is the exact reason I keep watching the trailer! I never got around to reading the Hobbit when I was reading LOTR, but I think I may. I have a year, afterall.

Love it!
    just one thing though, I always hated that Tolkien used such similar names for the dwarves, I can't tell them apart at all.
    same reason why I didnt complete the Silmarillion, all those elves even across different times all have the same name (in some occasions they really do have the same name) it's confusing as hell

15+ Year Old Account

Full 1080p and offical trailer.

Awesome.. cannot wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I honestly can't believe it's 10 years ago. 10 freaking years. It's insane.
    Idd, 10 years... yikes, very hard to believe it's been so long. I was 17 a completly different person so much have happend since... crazy how times flies but at the same time it feels like it was half a lifetime ago I was 17.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Trailer of it, i must say its more less, Comedy/Action/Adventure?? but ofcourse i will see it