Poll: Dwarf

Page 30 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    especially about the 48 fps.
    Care to elaborate? they shot it with 48 fps and that makes it super smooth, or how am I understanding this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Care to elaborate? they shot it with 48 fps and that makes it super smooth, or how am I understanding this?
    Supposedly the higher framerate helps the movie look more "real" since it is closer to the fps our eyes see everything else at.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    And considering he sails away at the end of LotR to land without death...
    Well, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam and Gimli all died in Tol Eressëa or Valinor. As it is said in Akallabeth, The Downfall of Numenor, the Undying Lands are undying because of its inhabitants. Its not the land that makes them immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Well, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam and Gimli all died in Tol Eressëa or Valinor. As it is said in Akallabeth, The Downfall of Numenor, the Undying Lands are undying because of its inhabitants. Its not the land that makes them immortal.
    I don't remember anything stated about those 4 dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Apparently it makes things more clear, and the gist of the reviews were, it took a couple minutes to adjust to, but afterwards it was like discovering HD for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I don't remember anything stated about those 4 dying.
    What I meant is that their presence in Valinor did not mean they were immortal. If they are not immortal, then they are mortal. Therefore, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam and Gimli eventually died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it makes things more clear, and the gist of the reviews were, it took a couple minutes to adjust to, but afterwards it was like discovering HD for the first time.
    Yeah, I am quite interested to see what it will be like. Do we have to see it in 3d for it to be at 48 fps? I hate those damn glasses.

Thats good news, but this is one movie where it's all about story for me. HD is just a little bonus. but omg Smaug in 48fps...!!!
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-11-30 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah, I am quite interested to see what it will be like. Do we have to see it in 3d for it to be at 48 fps? I hate those damn glasses.
    Yeah. It will be the RealD 3d High Frame Rate show for the 48fps. Most theaters should have it available. Mine does!

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:34 PM ----------

Someone edited the original Hobbit trailer and re-encoded it somehow to make it 48fps if you're curious to what it looks like.

Man that Premiere was hectic ... I live in Aus so I'm definitely going to fly over to NZ for movie 2 and 3 Premieres!

Glad to hear so many good tweets and comments about the movie and 48FPS in General ... Apparently from a few tweets the movies pretty slow for the first half and then the latter half gets hectic... Which to some people might be lame .. But that's pretty much exactly how Fellowship of the Ring flowed (Slow start then picked up after The Council of Elrond) and Fellowship is my favourite of the 3 LOTR Films ... I fucking love slow starts with heaps of backstory, interesting dialogue and just really giving you time to get to know the Characters and then pulling out the action towards the middle > End.

SO EXCITED NOW. STILL MAD THAT I HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE 26TH AS AN AUSSIE THOUGH
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-11-30 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Man that Premiere was hectic ... I live in Aus so I'm definitely going to fly over to NZ for movie 2 and 3 Premieres!

Glad to hear so many good tweets and comments about the movie and 48FPS in General ... Apparently from a few tweets the movies pretty slow for the first half and then the latter half gets hectic... Which to some people might be lame .. But that's pretty much exactly how Fellowship of the Ring flowed (Slow start then picked up after The Council of Elrond) and Fellowship is my favourite of the 3 LOTR Films ... I fucking love slow starts with heaps of backstory, interesting dialogue and just really giving you time to get to know the Characters and then pulling out the action towards the middle > End.

Based on the book, aside from the trolls, I would assume the first half to be tame. Good chance to character build, doesn't bother me at all.

Growing up The Hobbit was definitely my favorite book by far. I just ordered a vintage paperback set Hobbit + Trilogy for $10 off eBay in preparation of the movie coming out, as it's been years since I've read the books!

I get to see it on the 13th here in Asia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Based on the book, aside from the trolls, I would assume the first half to be tame. Good chance to character build, doesn't bother me at all.
    part II is already the desolation of Smaug, so there's a whole lot of action for the first movie. I'm assuming the battle with the wolves being the end of the first one, Smaug the second, and the 3rd being about the Battle of the Five Armies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    Yeah. It will be the RealD 3d High Frame Rate show for the 48fps. Most theaters should have it available. Mine does!
    Ugh... I hope not. I wear glasses already and wearing those glasses, on top of my glasses, gets really annoying. Not to mention that even with those glasses, 3d movies never actually look 3d to me anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not go see it in 3D. I have many complaints about it, the glasses, the headache on the right side (vision side), and the cost for all of the pain. I dislike the entire promotion of it, like a semi-hangover after you get out of the movie. If it sells for a normal showing without 3D, I will go see it. I loved The Hobbit book but and really want to see the movie but it's not worth it if it's only going to be in 3D.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I will not go see it in 3D. I have many complaints about it, the glasses, the headache on the right side (vision side), and the cost for all of the pain. I dislike the entire promotion of it, like a semi-hangover after you get out of the movie. If it sells for a normal showing without 3D, I will go see it. I loved The Hobbit book but and really want to see the movie but it's not worth it if it's only going to be in 3D.
    Although I agree with you I am still going to see it. I just cant miss this movie. I am a huge Tolkien nerd , I have read all his books, LotR twise and the Hobbit three times, just finished reading the book recently after having not read it for 10 years now.

if I miss this it'll be like turning down a fortune. I'll suffer the headaches and the dizziness if I must, I don't care if I loose a leg or arm, or both my legs and both my arms, I will see this movie lol :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'll take the kids to it. Have not read the Hobbit in decades but I'm sure the kids will love it. Won't waste the money seeing it in 3d though. The kids never end up keeping the glasses on anyway and they are too annoying for me to keep wearing.

The entire soundtrack is back up HERE. It's so good I can't stop.

Also, if you're just interested in the title track for the movie it can be found HERE.

All so good!

Almost forgot, if you don't feel like hunting down all the various production videos, trailers, TV spots, etc... they can all be found HERE.
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-11-30 at 09:43 PM.

anybody else botherd that they added characters not from the book into the movie to streatch it out.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.