Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Share your best DK B-rez kill!

So last night we are clearing the Drakonaar in BoT and our RL dies to twilight rupture cause he wasn't paying attention while trying to finish up handing out loot (can take a bit on 25m). Druids Brez is down so they ask me to bring him up.

Being the helpful DK that I am, I patiently wait a moment until the mob is about to start his twilight rupture+bladestorm combo thingy and rez the still very distracted loot master. Of course he basically has nowhere to run at this point.

(player name changed to protect the embarrassed)
    [21:43:49.829] Daciana casts Raise Ally on *****
    [21:43:52.468] Evolved Drakonaar Cleave ***** 22633 (O: 60079)
    [21:43:52.694] ***** dies

I tried to point out that 2-3 seconds was a pretty good survival time for a DK rez but he wasn't amused
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2011-06-02 at 03:06 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're mean.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, b-rezing as a tank on a cleave mob/boss is not the best idea. Funny for you, sure. But still not a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I was thinking this would be a genuine thread...

Oh well... Rezzing people in scalding water in SSC was way funnier tho :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    Yeah, b-rezing as a tank on a cleave mob/boss is not the best idea. Funny for you, sure. But still not a good idea.
    No harm in a little laugh on trashmobs. It's plenty funny for 24 people, and if the victim has some sense of humour - 25. Not like one member of a 25man running back during the trash slows the run down a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find them rather entertaining on the pug runs in the RoZ heroics. Rezzing the douche who's insulted you the whole time into a fire at Zanzil, or into a poison pool on the first boss in ZG can be satisfying.

I'll have to try the one in BoT though. Turning around that mob towards our OT when he's in offgear is not effective enough :P

10+ Year Old Account
    lol funny to see some people getting bent out of shape over this. I can assure you he got a guild bank repair next time jeeves was dropped. So few ways to entertain ourselves, not like we can try to rank on WoL (though I like pointing out when my healing is > than an actual healers).

DK's have always been an integral part of team killing since WotlK. If you didn't kill with or get killed by Path of Frost at least once in ToGC or Old World you missed out. I can only hope that 4.2 involves a long fall into lava at some point.

Our guild puts up with way worse, like my priest friend levitating everyone in Tot4W and watching half the raid fly into outer space and die after fully buffing =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Our guild puts up with way worse, like my priest friend levitating everyone in Tot4W and watching half the raid fly into outer space and die after fully buffing =P
    Best WoW prank to pull ever imo.
    Moo.

Best DK prank ever was using path of frost the first time people go into ToC and watching 24 of 25 raiders fall over dead.

It wasn't ultimately a boss kill, but my favorite use of my DK B-Rez was during Al'akir. One of our main tanks had died to squall line and been thrown over the edge, but he landed on one of the little ledges just under the platform. One of our druids tried to brez but couldn't get LoS. I saw I had 90ish RP, so I yelled on vent, "I'm battle-rezzing (tank)", and proceed to target him, and leap off the platform. I sail past the ledge and smack my Raise Ally button as I'm falling, (because oh yeah, it's instant-cast, suck that druids!), just before I get caught by the swirly wind current and thrown back up on the platform. The attempt lasted quite a bit longer after the tank got back up, and I felt pretty badass for the rest of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Best DK prank ever was using path of frost the first time people go into ToC and watching 24 of 25 raiders fall over dead.
    This will always be my favorite. My Dk has very few normal anub kills because I would do this every pug and get kicked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyk View Post
    It wasn't ultimately a boss kill, but my favorite use of my DK B-Rez was during Al'akir. One of our main tanks had died to squall line and been thrown over the edge, but he landed on one of the little ledges just under the platform. One of our druids tried to brez but couldn't get LoS. I saw I had 90ish RP, so I yelled on vent, "I'm battle-rezzing (tank)", and proceed to target him, and leap off the platform. I sail past the ledge and smack my Raise Ally button as I'm falling, (because oh yeah, it's instant-cast, suck that druids!), just before I get caught by the swirly wind current and thrown back up on the platform. The attempt lasted quite a bit longer after the tank got back up, and I felt pretty badass for the rest of the raid.
    That's pretty awesome ha...

I don't know that i've gotten a good kill from one yet, but normally our raid (on non-serious bosses) goes like this.

"_______ is down. Somebody get him. 2 rezzes left."

(Me) "I got him!"

"Wait, no! We have druids. Let them do it. They're better."

(Me) "But I NEVER get to rez them!"

(Other druid) "I'll get him. Casting."

(Me) *raise*

"Why do I see that DK rez debuff on ________?"

(Me) "Shouldn't you be paying attention to those adds?"

"...."

Doesn't seem that funny till it happens almost every time. It becomes a race to see if a druid can get the downed guy up before I notice and insta-rez him XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I can only hope that 4.2 involves a long fall into lava at some point.
    There's a REALLY long fall into lava at the end of Bastion of Twilight, before Sinestra. Sadly you can't Path of Frost it - but you can AMS it and laugh while all the other raiders fry themselves trying to get out quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww it doesn't work on lava? I was hoping PoF would treat it like solid ground until they took the 1st tick of damage (assuming the fall didn't kill them!)
    [/URL]

Ive had one where we were wiping to an enrage timer once and i just thought it'd be a laugh to randomly BRez somebody before i died, i did so, and he obviously wasnt paying attention, accepted the rez, then died to the angry boss on his tail.

In Naxx, on my Paladin, I used to bubble and then resurrect people who had died on the frogger boss after Patchwerk directly in the line of the slimes, so they'd take the res and then die again.

As for my DK and Raise Ally - I've netted several kills by using it on people during Blood Venom on the first boss in ZG.

I battle ressed one, he died.. but we still killed the boss.
    Also this other time:
    I battle ressed, he died.. but i still killed the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for my DK and Raise Ally - I've netted several kills by using it on people during Blood Venom on the first boss in ZG.
    That almost makes me want to queue for ZG.... almost. Actually I might have to for chaos orbs for the new crafted junk =(
    [/URL]

The other night I was doing Blackwing Descent with my guild, we were at Atramedes Heroic, one of our dpsers died and called out for a battle ress, I waited a bit and noticed that noone was ressing him so I decided to do it. This was during P2 (air phase), just as I clicked the ress I got one of them sonic marks on me, the guy I ressed ofc was amazingly fast with accepting his ress so he died instantly after taking the dmg from the sonic stuff :P

On the thunder clap trash beforemag maw. Although it wasnt my fault fully. When i rezzed in melee range the player accepted 1 second before the thunderclap got casted he litulary just came up as the thunder clap got casted and he got slaughtered.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.