Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Play League of Legends, it's uber easy to balance the game and has some of the best fast paced and skilled pvp, there is no button mashing just clear and concise tactics and play methods for each character.

I'll admit that to start with you are gimped since you wont have Runes etc, but a good player can overcome that and pwn.

It's not an rpg as such but has instant queues and easy to understand gameplay with minimal system requirements. Me and the guild play it when we aren't on WoW - just don't go afk or ragequit a game as it's almost an instant ban.

You can put some money into it if you want some extra champions otherwise you get a small selection which rotate each week.

I don't advise Rift, I played it alot and aced the first tier without much difficulty, it is a mixture of Aion and WoW - taking the very worst from Aion and the best from WoW...unfortunately the odd combination results in a crud game with no content and PVP which is just dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    It's different, especially if all you've played is WoW (like me). But I'm finding it quite a nice, chilled out sort of game to amble through at my own pace. And it's dead cheap, especially as you can just buy one campaign + eye of the north if you are really on a budget (I got all 3 campaigns + eotn for £22 mind you). So nothing lost if you don't play it much.
    thats what i thought lol...at first it was wierd and annoying because everything i'd push in wow didnt work in GW and u can only have 8 abilities, but i'm leveling with my dad and always having atleast 4 ppl with ya (either players or mercenaries) is quite fun, especially as no1 is around stealing your crap...woohoo only seeing ppl in cities/towns

Deleted
    Maybe I'll check GW1 out again then... Played it for a couple of years ago =P And who knows, I might like it and buy EotN

15+ Year Old Account
    Try some offline RPG for a change. Risen, Gothics, Dragon Age, King's Bounty: Legend, Witcher 2, Fable 3 or Neverwinter Nights 2.

Then there's the less popular, but great F2P MMOs, like

Ragnarok
    Allods
    Atlantica
    Battle of Immortals

They all have stolen countless hours of my playtime

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Actually, didn't they change/try to change a lot in FFXIV?
    I've heard it's so bad that they have sent several apology e-mails to the users and people are still playing it with no subscription fee because it's sub-par.

Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    Play League of Legends, it's uber easy to balance the game and has some of the best fast paced and skilled pvp, there is no button mashing just clear and concise tactics and play methods for each character.
    How about trying HoN? It has better balance, a competitive scene, REPLAYS, and shoutcasting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a list of MMOs if you still can't decide which one to play:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

Leage of Legends is fun... not an MMO but its fun, and free
    there is no good signatures with so little signature space - Nivius

Deleted
    Play Planetside! Its an old school MMO-FPS and its great fun once you get into it.

How about trying HoN? It has better balance, a competitive scene, REPLAYS, and shoutcasting.
    Why pay for HoN when LoL has a much larger playbase and is free?....and better (imo)

/flame on!

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    Maybe I'll check GW1 out again then... Played it for a couple of years ago =P And who knows, I might like it and buy EotN
    buy everything :P offgamers sells them for 20 dollars (guild wars triology and EotN) u need EotN for halls of monuments :P

Quote Originally Posted by lordcanyon View Post
    as far as pvp goes, nothing comes close to wow or rift.
    When I played GW1 it was pretty balanced, has that changed?

Who spends five hours a day preparing for raid? Some weeks where I get burnt out I log in 10minutes before raid... log out 10 minutes after raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try guild wars 1? It's pretty hard nowdays since the population is a lot lower than it once was.
    Pvp is balanced still, except for like fort luxon/jade quarry of course, which never really have been.
    If you play GW1 for the pve/story I advise you to get nightfall or eotn, the hero npc's you get help tons with the aformentioned population problem in some areas of the game.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2011-06-03 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I've heard it's so bad that they have sent several apology e-mails to the users and people are still playing it with no subscription fee because it's sub-par.
    I know that much, but they said they were working on improving the game, because they know it's bad. And it's been a while since they said they would do that.

Actually, didn't they change/try to change a lot in FFXIV?
    thusfar..no its the same as it was when it came out logged on the other day saw gold farmers and died to poor game mechanincs and logged off=P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    thusfar..no its the same as it was when it came out logged on the other day saw gold farmers and died to poor game mechanincs and logged off=P
    Let's hope there'll be a humongus patch.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcanyon View Post
    as far as pvp goes, nothing comes close to wow or rift.

the original guild wars had very little to it, you got maybe 2 sets of armor and you could get to 20 in the starting area.

i would suggest moving to everquest or dungeons and dragons
    Have you even PvPed in RIFT?
    It has by far the worsed engame PvP of any MMO.

PvP wise i honestly enjoy wow most, and ive played ALOT of mmorpgs.
    I enjoy arena.. why you ask? because i can be competitive with friends and not have to rely on 9 to 45 other retards for a BG >.<
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want