Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rate the Hardmodes!

Say raiders who have been on HM of cataclysm raid bosses, how would you rate them with scale of 1-10, 10 being hardest, 1 being lowest!

Here's what i would rate

Halfus - 3/10
    VNT - 7.5/10
    AC - 10/10
    Chogall - 8/10

Magmaw - 6/10
    Ommo - 7/10
    Chimearon - 3/10
    Atramedes - 4/10
    Maloriak - 5/10
    Nefarian - 8.5/10

Conclave - 5/10
    Alakir - 9/10

Sinestra - 10/10

For peeps asking which HM boss you should be progressing on next? Maybe this would give you a rough idea

Interesting. We a lot more trouble with Maloriak than Magmaw. And I don't think I'd put Chim on the same level as Halfus. Al'akir still kicks our ass, and we can't kill the bloody Ascedant Council.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Halfus - 1/10
    VNT - 5/10
    AC - 10/10
    Chogall - 8.5/10

Magmaw - 4/10
    Ommo - 6/10
    Chimearon - 2/10
    Atramedes - 3/10
    Maloriak - 3.5/10
    Nefarian - 7/10

Conclave - 3/10
    Alakir - 9/10

Sinestra - 7.5/10

25 man raider at 11/13 here.
    Halfus - 2/10
    VNT - 5.5/10
    AC - Not attempted but guessing 9/10, maybe 10/10
    Chogall - 8/10

Magmaw - 4.5/10
    Ommo - 5/10
    Chimearon - 2/10
    Atramedes - 3/10
    Maloriak - 5/10
    Nefarian - 8/10

Conclave - 5/10
    Alakir - Not attempted on 25hc but from watching videos of the fight... phase 1: 10/10, phase 2+3: 6/10

Sinestra - 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kujja View Post
    Alakir - Not attempted on 25hc but from watching videos of the fight... phase 1: 10/10, phase 2+3: 6/10
    Phase 2 is harder than P3, P3 is a joke.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

From a healing perspective:

Halfus - 2/10
    VNT - 5/10
    AC - 10/10
    Chogall - 9/10

Magmaw - 3/10
    ODS - 6/10
    Chimearon - 5/10
    Atramedes - 1/10
    Maloriak - 6/10
    Nefarian - 9/10

Conclave - 3/10
    Alakir - 10/10

Sinestra - 9/10

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Halfus - 2/10
    VNT - 10/10 Pre-nerfed / 7/10 - Now
    AC - 10/10
    Chogall - 8/10

Magmaw - 6/10
    Ommo - 7/10
    Chimearon - 3/10
    Atramedes - 4/10 / 8/10 Pre-nerfed
    Maloriak - 5/10
    Nefarian - 9/10

Conclave - 5/10
    Alakir - 10/10 Phase 1 / Phase 2-3 = Joke 1/10

Sinestra - 10/10

The Only Boss that really deserve a 10/10 could be Sinestra... Otherwise no moar than 7.5

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Darts View Post
    The Only Boss that really deserve a 10/10 could be Sinestra... Otherwise no moar than 7.5
    Bah, the only hard part about is unfortunately Twilight cutters yes that's right, THE EASIEST mechanic is the hardest

Now for 10 man guilds for sinestra that's a different story, Everything about 10 is hard imo much respects to the ones who have it on 10 man as well

Sinestra is probably easier than Council and Al'akir, more so now when guilds are farming it because if you have the DPS/HPS you can't really mess up on Sinestra unless you derp cutters or wrack.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Halfus - 3/10
    VNT - 4/10
    AC - 4/10
    Chogall - 6/10

Magmaw - 4/10
    Ommo - 6/10
    Chimearon - 2/10
    Atramedes - 4/10
    Maloriak - 6/10
    Nefarian - 3/10

Conclave - 6/10
    Alakir - 3/10

Sinestra - 6/10

I've got to ask. What is so hard about council? I've only watched videos about it yet, but it didn't seem 10/10 difficult. What makes it so? Is it just bad reputation/no token drop, or is it really that hard?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Halfus - 3
    Valiona & Theralion - 4.5
    Ascendant Council - 7
    Cho'gall - 7
    Sinestra - 7

Omnitron Defense System - 5.5
    Magmaw - 3.5
    Chimareon - 3
    Artramedes- 3
    Maloriak - 3.5
    Nefarian - 7

Conclave of Wind - 5.5
    Al'akir - 9

10 man guild. This is what it felt like initially for us when we killed these bosses for the first time. Al'akir undoubtedly was our hardest encounter this tier but a lot of that has to do with what position we did him in (he was our 7th kill). It's so hard to really tell what encounters feel like because in 10 man at least, you're victim to your composition. Conclave of Wind was actually the LAST boss we did, but even massively over gearing it.. it didn't seem that bad.

I would never rate an encounter lower than 3 though simply out of principle. None of the bosses were complete pushovers this tier. Think Sunwell, but with 13 bosses and you have an idea of the overall difficulty. Every boss should be respected in that sense.

A lot difficulty stems from how strong your strong players are and what is asked of them. There are certain encounters that can be easily steamrolled if it's an encounter that asks of 2-3 people doing hard things, as opposed to your entire raid. This is why AC is deemed one of the most difficult bosses. Difficulty lies within the entire raid, and not a few individuals. Whereas an encounter like Nefarian completely tappers off in dificulty to which it's only focus is on one tank.

We raid roughly 14 hours a week and basically this is the overall break down in hours it took on each boss, to give you perspective.

Halfus - 4 hours
    Valiona & Theralion - 6 hours
    Ascendant Council - 10 hours
    Cho'gall - 8 hours
    Sinestra - 11 hours

Magmaw - 7 hours
    Omnitron Defense System - 6 hours
    Maloriak - 7 hours
    Atramedes - 4 hours
    Chimaeron - 8 hours
    Nefarian - 14 hours

Conclave of Wind - 2 hours
    Al'akir - 24 hours

As far as repeat kills? Omnitron and Ascendant Council prove to be the most difficult repeats for us. Al'akir and Nefarian sometimes give hiccups, but nothing compared to the above two. In comparison Sinestra took 2 hours for a repeat kill, and then it was two shotted the third and fourth time we did it. Like someone mentioned.. as long as nobody derps with the cutters Sinestra gets a lot easier.

Edit: About AC difficulty. It's simply tight. It's seen as easy on 10 man but the DPS requirement is just as tight on this difficulty, and P2 is just as hard as it's 25 man counter part. P1 is more difficult for 25 mans for sure and to some degree P3, but the true test of the encounter is P2 and the DPS requirement in P3.

Missing Hydrolance in P1 usually results in a death on HM. The debuffs aren't really an issues AS LONG as people aren't completely retarded. P2 however is a nightmare because it requires the entire raid to be moving. And one small slip up with lightning rods or frost orbs and it will be a wipe. Considering the damage each earthquake/storm do on this difficulty you really can't afford to skip a debuff, and it gets kinda tricky to manage frost orbs, conductors while everyone is scrambling to get debuffs. Furthermore, you have to get them as equal as possible. Monstrosity having 1% more health is absolutely brutal and I've been subject to many 1% wipes to emphasize how much 1% means
    Last edited by Tojara; 2011-06-03 at 02:22 PM.

Ascendant Council's difficulty doesn't come from the individual abilities themselves, but rather the combination and management of all of them at once.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lienne View Post
    Ascendant Council's difficulty doesn't come from the individual abilities themselves, but rather the combination and management of all of them at once.
    I find the only thing making Council hard was keeping an entire raid focussed after wiping 10-15 times on people failing on either frost orb or lightning rod. Now that we have thoose abilities under control it's a pretty easy kill each week.

Halfus - 1/10
    Valiona & Theralion - 4/10 at the current state of the fight. at our first kill it was more like 8/10
    Ascendant Council - 9/10
    Cho'gall - 6/10
    Sinestra - 8/10

Magmaw - 4/10 again at current state of the fight. When we still had 2 people kiting and 2 hunters getting adds for them all the time the fight were more complicated
    Omnitron Defense System - 5/10
    Maloriak - 3/10
    Atramedes - 2/10
    Chimaeron - 2/10
    Nefarian - 7/10

Conclave of Wind - 4/10
    Al'akir - 8/10

Deleted
    I've got to ask. What is so hard about council? I've only watched videos about it yet, but it didn't seem 10/10 difficult. What makes it so? Is it just bad reputation/no token drop, or is it really that hard?
    It's because the fight has an ability which if is dealt wrong, will destroy the whole raid leaving no mistakes to happen.

Yes, it is frost bomb.
    Also to clarify some misunderstanding, Sinestra in it's current state is not that hard anymore. However, if we look back at pre 4.1 when Wrack could still hit the OFFtank it was a hell of an encounter.

The only thing that could wipe you in Sinestra pre 4.1 was because of Wrack on OFFtanks while tanking whelps....which happened alot.
    Now it is easy.
    Last edited by mmocd82727bb5b; 2011-06-03 at 02:31 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our AC kills got much cleaner once you beat it into peoples heads that P2 isn't a race. P2 can pretty much be summed up to the following:

"The run around and do absolutely pathetic DPS for 3-4 minutes while hoping that the other people in your raid do the same thing."

P2 is filled with raid wiping mechanics and one shot mechanics. It basically isn't a friendly phase. Mistakes don't equal "oh you <3" they equal swift death.

P3 burn of AC is also the hardest execute phase when doing for the first time, especially when people aren't in full biS yet, initially it can be harder than the last 20% of sinestra without the buff. I really give respect to those guilds that first killed AC heroic without much gear. P2 it not technically hard, but its really easy to go wrong because 25 people have to be aware of orb spawn location, fire spawn location, that they have the right ground/air debuff, that they are not near lighting rods and that they have their planned path for kiting. It takes some individual effort and its really easy to see who messes up.
    Tiandar --------- retired
    US Executus <Static> 13/13h , 7/7H, 6/8 H (25 man)
    staticraid.com

Deleted
    Here we go!

Halfus - 3/10
    V&T - 4.5/10
    Ascendant Council - 10/10
    Cho'gall - 7/10

Magmaw - 3/10
    Ommotron Defense System - 6.5/10
    Chimaeron - 6/10
    Atramedes - 1/10
    Maloriak - 3/10