Deleted

Paladin Heirlooms

This is probably a common question, but I will ask anyway. I want to level a Paladin, what are the best heirlooms to use for a good combination of being able to level/solo quest fast whilst also being able to tank some dungeons and maybe some battlegrounds aswell, essentially I want some items that would be good for all three things. And would I need any of the trinkets or are they non-essential? I mean, my main focus is fast leveling, so I just want the XP benefits of the items mainly but I also want to be able tank some dungeons and maybe do some PvP along the way.

Also, I already have a Repurposed Lava Dredger, could a Paladin make good use of that weapon for the above mentioned things or would I need to get a new weapon? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BRen2010 View Post
    This is probably a common question, but I will ask anyway. I want to level a Paladin, what are the best heirlooms to use for a good combination of being able to level/solo quest fast whilst also being able to tank some dungeons and maybe some battlegrounds aswell, essentially I want some items that would be good for all three things. And would I need any of the trinkets or are they non-essential? I mean, my main focus is fast leveling, so I just want the XP benefits of the items mainly but I also want to be able tank some dungeons and maybe do some PvP along the way.

Also, I already have a Repurposed Lava Dredger, could a Paladin make good use of that weapon for the above mentioned things or would I need to get a new weapon? Thanks.
    Paladins (Ret and Prot anyways) are Strength users.

Now, it depends if you want to level with Retribution (face-smashing with a big 2H) or as Protection (Tanking).

Retribution: Polished Spaulders/Breastplate/Helm of Valor, Worn Stoneskin Gargoyle Cloak, and the Bloodied Arcanite Reaper
    Protection: Burnished Pauldrons/Breastplate/Helm of Might, Ripped Sandstorm Cloak, and a Bloodsoaked Sullforge Reaver (have to provide your own shield).

Holy has no real heirlooms. They never made Plate Healing ones, especially cause it was beyond not viable during Wrath to level as Holy (prior to 3.3 when the LFD system was launched). Maybe they will change this some time.

And yes, I am aware there is Heirloom Plate Caster shoulders from PvP, but Resilience isn't a PvE stat.

And to your point of "just wanting the XP benefits"... you have to weigh the value of the items too, or your fast leveling will be crippled by bad stats. I see way too many people using the wrong heirlooms, "just for the XP", but clearly making a mockery of their alt's performance in doing so.

Plate Heirlooms scale down to Mail if the user is under level 40. (So, Warriors and Paladins use the Plate ones)
    Mail Heirlooms scale down to Leather if the user is under level 40. (So Hunters and Shamans use the Mail ones)

Note: Heirloom Helms and Cloaks are guild rewards. Cloaks are Guild Level 10, cost 1200g a piece, Helms are Guild Level 20, and cost 1500g a piece. You will get a 10% discount if your guild is level 24 or higher. Both also require you to be Honored with your guild to buy.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2011-06-02 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Holy has no real heirlooms. They never made Plate Healing ones, especially cause it was beyond not viable during Wrath to level as Holy (prior to 3.3 when the LFD system was launched). Maybe they will change this some time.

And yes, I am aware there is Heirloom Plate Caster shoulders from PvP, but Resilience isn't a PvE stat.
    There's always the option of grabbing the Mail Caster Heirlooms if you want a Holy OS or whatnot for leveling in dungeons - the fact that they are mail won't make a difference until you get the 5% bonus from wearing the right armor type at level 50(I think?).

I'd avoid using the Repurposed Lava Dredger since it doesn't have strength. You could use it - it would work since you'd have the weapon damage/speed and some haste and crit - but you'd be getting no Attack Power from it so it wouldn't scale amazingly with you like the 2H Str Heirloom Axe would.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2011-06-02 at 07:58 PM.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled prot in the dps plate heirlooms and tanked everything up to cata just fine.
    You don't need the eextra avoidance for dungeons since they are faceroll anyway.
    Actually I would almost reccomend the dps ones if you want to keep aggro from those crazy dpsers at "low lvls" (frost dks after 69, any arcane mage and so on)

edit: And since you want to be doing bgs aswell go with a prot ms and ret os and use the same gear. prot is not that dependant on weapons as ret so if you only want to buy one weapon then get the arcanite reaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

Get the Valor ones.
    They're fine to tank in, as they give tons of stamina and strength, and not a ton of gear while leveling even gives dodge/tanking stats.
    Valor is versatile and great!

Deleted
    take the tanking ones, you will be glad when leveling and your tank stats mean you can solo those group quests.