Little graphic issue, DirectX problem?

Okay so i have a problem where sometimes my graphics will like sorta, Just just get twacky every so often, Its not bad but i fear it will get worse..It does this in some of the games i play, See it in RS (have a fix for it) WoW (also have a fix for it) Gta4 (have no fix for it) Rift (have not had this issue in it yet)

So i think it is a directX issue. Reason why i say this is because if i either switch off DirectX in the games options (Runescape) Or switch from Directx9 to 11 (WoW) it goes away..

In WoW if i go to the Advanced settings for graphics i have 2 DirectX options, And as mentioned above, if i choose Directx9 it starts to do this. But if i chose Directx11 it goes away

if i have DirectX enabled in the Runescape options it happens, If i chose OPENGL(R) instead of DirectX in Runescape, it goes away. However i play Gta4 and there is no disable DirectX or change directX option, So i am forced to deal with it. And i fear that other games will be like GTA-4 And i will be forced to play like that

Here are 2 videoes of it in runescpae.. (its pretty much looks exactly the same in the other games i play that have this issue)

Here is a video of the problem. As you can see it is not that bad, But i fear it could get worse..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpACHnJ8iRE

If you look on the left side of the floor on the start the floor lights start tripping a little

Here is a optional video you can watch if you want, It just shows what the game looks like with OPENGL(R) instead of DirectX, So its pretty much just normal gameplay without that graphic problem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok67R...el_video_title

Does anyone know the exact reason why this is happening? Anyone can think of a fix? I uninstalled / reinstalled my GPU drivers, But that did not work

GPU i am using is a HD 6850

Do you have installed the latest updates for Dx9?
    Windows doesn't do this automatically.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

Ty for the reply and link

When i use that DirectX link you provided and hit next it gives me a "DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary"

And i have just gotten this PC, it's a prebuilt, Have done the Windows updates but have not manually done a DirectX update, Is there another way i can update DirectX? Or is this probably a hardware problem?

If it says that, you have the latest version alreay installed.
    Means the problem lies somewhere else, but that's up to someone else to find out.

Going to bed now, goodnight

1st. Make sure you are using the 11.5 Catalyst drivers from AMD.com

What's the issue? Are you talking about the little random flashing of areas? That's video drivers, roll back a version or two and remember to uninstall the old ones COMPLETELY: uninstall everything that has to do with the drivers, reboot into safe mode and run driver sweeper and CCleaner to get rid of the registry keys left over, reboot and install. Catalyst 11.4a are more stable than 11.5 and offers more performance gains in those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me its the oposite, if im in dx11 mode alt-tabing becomes a pain.

Either you have to tab twice, or after tabbing you still can move your toon and you get ding ding ding, till you click.
    After you click your on your desktop or w/e you were tabbing to.

Or the tabbing needs 2 tabs to switch programs.
    And the tabbing takes longer going back to wow.

Dx9 wont do these 2 problems.

So this is just a Driver problem?

How can i downgrade to a earlier driver? i got the AMD site for the drivers and putt in my info, Card series, Desktop, Windows 7, And it gives a suite download with everything, Does not give me a option to downgrade to a previous driver

So this has been a known issue with other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    What's the issue? Are you talking about the little random flashing of areas? That's video drivers, roll back a version or two and remember to uninstall the old ones COMPLETELY: uninstall everything that has to do with the drivers, reboot into safe mode and run driver sweeper and CCleaner to get rid of the registry keys left over, reboot and install. Catalyst 11.4a are more stable than 11.5 and offers more performance gains in those games.
    I'd have to agree with this. 11.5 Gives me wonky issues in EVE, like causing my driver to stop responding on an alt tab, it comes back, but then crashes firefox. It's quite awesome. There's other issues in game as well.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2