Deleted

Quick question on Magmaw for Affliction

Im never sure on the mechanics of this:

Once the head of Magmaw is exposed (nukage phase) I put my Curse of Doom up on it for obvious reasons, when it goes back to the normal phase, does the old Doom still stay on its... pre-exposed head?#

I.e. Should I use Agony for a full rotation to allow for the other Doom to tick off (if it exists) or should I just recast Doom on the body as soon as the nuke phase is over?

Cheers

Z

Deleted
    Yeah I do that already : Soul swap, cast Agony - exposes head > soul swap exhale with Doom

...But that didnt answer my question :P

when you apply doom to the exposed head, doom will no longer remain on any other targets but the exposed head since you can only have one doom out at a time. So I would say ideal is to use agony during normal phase so you can SS to adds, when head comes down switch to Doom and refresh before head comes up.

Hope thats helpful
    FR

Dots for other classes tic on the exposed head after he stands back up so its safe to say the same happens with lock dots. An easy way to track this is add ons that track your dots and the dmg they are doing, depending on the add on it can be a flawed system but from the ones I have seen they keep going.

---------- Post added 2011-06-02 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I think you misunderstood me Zeezus. I mean cast BoA when you see chains, Then use Soul Swap, keep BoA up on the exposed head, and then switch back to Doom once the head is no longer exposed.
    Why would you swap lower hitting dots on the boss when you could just recast and have them do much more dmg? Even more so when you factor in the old dots still ticking away also.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Cheers Tyrven will try something out.

Tobias, Doom is almost twice as powerful as Agony (overtakes the damage done by 2xAgony after 2-3ticks - on dummies at least), why the hell would I use the weaker spell for the increased damage phase?

Deleted
    no you cant, the "two" targets are mutually exclusive if I remember, as soon as one appears the other disappears... as it always erases my focus and I just tab target to grab the head (if theres lots of adds blurrying my vision)

Deleted
    If you apply BoD on the Exposed Head and don't cast Soul Swap it will stay on the head. If you cast Soul Swap you will absorb BoD and then apply it on another target, which will cancel the BoD on the head since you can only keep it in one target. If you really want to keep BoD on the head you can't soul swap afterwards, you either cast soul swap before applying BoD or you just don't soul swap.
    Don't forget that if you apply CoE on the head it will stay there increasing the dmg, the same works to BoH. I have noticed that if I apply CoE on Magmaw as affliction the Jinx talent doesn't work on the head, maybe I am wrong but that is what I have noticed in every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Not sure about whether or not the head clears debuffs when it becomes un-exposed, but I'd suggest switching to BoA when players jump onto his head / start using chains so that you an soul swap off it and fire all your dots at the exposed head.
    It doesn't, it is sweet to leave BoH + CoE on the head before it "hides".
    Last edited by mmocd10cf7b950; 2011-06-03 at 02:10 AM.