Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Maldo's Sword Cane - Holy

Worth it? I'm currently using vicious gladiator's gavel in pve because i havent won a roll on chogalls mace. 100 mastery is not a worthy upgrade in my eyes, but i won it last night. None of my guildies need it. Its sellable or i could toss it in the guild bank for an alt.

Sell it or Put in Gbank, its not worth to have at all

i wouldent use it as an upgrade.(for you that is)

on the other hand it is great for people who dont pvp.( like me, who is stuck with scepter of amani rites ):

pm me!

I realized it is a slight upgrade over the PVP gravel that I used to use. Maldo finally dropped on trash in my 25s. On BOEs my guild has this rule for BOEs that the person with highest priority of EPGP gets it, but it wont cost them GP, instead they have to pay 3k gold and equipt it right away. the 3k gold goes in G-bank. Offspec is not eligable, only main spec. if no one needs, it goes into Gbank and an officer will either keep it there or sell it on AH (for much more than 3k obviously).

No one wanted it in my raid when it dropped, so I decided to give it a shot. I mean, hey, 3k gold is nothing... I noticed that the amount of Mastery on it is greater than the amount of crit on the Gravel, so when you reforge it, you get more. Because you are reforging the mastery into spirit/haste (hopefully the mastery is being reforged), you get an additional secondary stat as the Gravel has resilence. I am all for more crit (even though its not something I look for as a priority secondary stat).

Yeah totally worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE armor is far superior to PvP armor in PvE situations :P. this isnt TBC here, PvP'ing to PvE

Yeah.... u will still be a great healer with either weapon, but the Maldo's Cane is slightly better.... So if it was free for you, use it.... It's gona drop in price on AH soon anyways... It's already gone from 39k gold to 14k gold on my server recently (now with more guilds being able to down Chogall and/or people being satisfied with the 353 weapon in ZA)...

It's a small upgrade that is easily replaced by a Nef/Chogall mace. Whether you think it's worth the gold is up to you. (and how often you manage to kill the 2 endbosses)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It's a small upgrade that is easily replaced by a Nef/Chogall mace. Whether you think it's worth the gold is up to you. (and how often you manage to kill the 2 endbosses)
    I wouldn't say easily replaced by Nef/Chogall. A lot of guilds still havent downed Nef yet. Also, I think he mentioned there is a wait list in his guild for the one off Chogall. That's why he was asking about Maldo's Cane. You are right though, if he's patient he may end up getting an event better one - depending on how often they kill Chogall.

Our Holy Pally swears its better than most other caster weapons, because he's hit the soft haste cap and he doesn't need any more mana regen, so the crit/mastery are actually better.

His opinion, not mine. Everything I read says go haste/spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzhyo View Post
    Our Holy Pally swears its better than most other caster weapons, because he's hit the soft haste cap and he doesn't need any more mana regen, so the crit/mastery are actually better.

His opinion, not mine. Everything I read says go haste/spirit.
    First bolded statement:
    wat? There's a haste softcap? Where? Why? Is EJ doing that to Paladins too?
    Second: "Doesn't need any more mana regen" means that he's having other healers have to carry his ass through Divine Plea being used on cooldown.

Your Holy Paladin is terrible, I don't even have to see his armory to know this.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by sungazer View Post
    PvE armor is far superior to PvP armor in PvE situations :P. this isnt TBC here, PvP'ing to PvE
    This statement got old ages ago. There are several pieces of pvp gear which are superior to pve gear for certain slots if you dont have access to certain drops.

Keep the gavel OP, you'll gain virtually nothing from using the sword, and i'm sure there's someone in guild that can get better use.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    First bolded statement:
    wat? There's a haste softcap? Where? Why? Is EJ doing that to Paladins too?
    Second: "Doesn't need any more mana regen" means that he's having other healers have to carry his ass through Divine Plea being used on cooldown.

Your Holy Paladin is terrible, I don't even have to see his armory to know this.
    Bolded part...

right before I took a break from the game I lead an alt run I had just started trough most of the normal modes.
    I played a holy paladin, with me was 2 holy priests, both who hadn't healed on those chars in a raid previously.
    my gear was a mix of 359, 353 & 346s mostly the latter. not even spirit on every piece.
    Not only did I beat both of those HOLY priests on HPS (aswell as lowest overheal) but I ended 9 of those fights with 95%+ mana, only cho'gall was a bit tight on mana during phase 2.

until you hit some proper hardmodes you don't really need that much spirit/regen. so no you do not need to be bad just because you don't feel you need more spirit. same goes for priests.

You ALWAYS need more regen. Regen is the best "throughput" stat after int and haste, and the best in terms of reliability. If you are not running out of mana, heal more aggressively and stop getting carried, or realize that you're in lol farm content and you could probably go with one less healer still kill the boss.

The fact that one random bad player did more HPS than 2 other random bad players means little about the proper way to gear your toon. I mean if you were THREE healing Cho'gall and got "tight on mana" in phase 2 that should be a hint, seeing as most guilds 2 heal that fight with no problem. On heroic. Where there's like 4x as much damage going out.

P.S. There is no haste softcap. And no, EJ doesn't think there is one either. Straight from their holy pally thread "Haste is, in most cases at 85, the best stat for increasing output."
    Last edited by Ciah; 2011-06-06 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    until you hit some proper hardmodes you don't really need that much spirit/regen.
    so no you do not need to be bad just because you don't feel you need more spirit. same goes for priests.
    Assuming you have a Mana Tide, Priests have been Spirit Capped since before getting an average 360 ilvl.

Ciah says it better than I do.
    If you are not running out of mana, heal more aggressively and stop getting carried, or realize that you're in lol farm content and you could probably go with one less healer still kill the boss.
    @Ciah:
    P.S. There is no haste softcap. And no, EJ doesn't think there is one either
    Given their focus on reaching these plateaus for whatever frakking reason, when it comes to pretty much every other class/spec, I had to ask. I mean, they've been telling Priests since Sunwell that haste is an absolutely terrible stat and should never be stacked or used at all (how has it been worse than crit for 4 years? o.O).

So yeah, I didn't think there was a softcap, but with the state of the other boards there these days, wouldn't surprise me if they one day started to say "Your goal with haste is to get X ticks of Holy Radiance, then go elsewhere". >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    you want to reach 1960 for the 14th holy radiance tick, once your over that you want to reach 2950 for the 15th.

There is no point where Crit or Mastery EVER overtake Haste as a throughput stat. Never Ever Ever.... ok if you can make divine light a 1 second cast, good luck with that.

Now whether going for haste or spirit as a main prio thats a different topic, generally most say spirit > haste and i tend to agree. But if you sacriice 50 spirit to get you over that 1960 mark, thats up to you and your playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So yeah, I didn't think there was a softcap, but with the state of the other boards there these days, wouldn't surprise me if they one day started to say "Your goal with haste is to get X ticks of Holy Radiance, then go elsewhere". >.>
    Well one goal is to get 1960 for another Holy Radiance tick, and it's a judgment call how much spirit you want to sacrifice to get there (I usually go with none). Holy Radiance isn't used quite frequently enough for it to be totally game-breaking, however.

The nice thing about holy pallies is that once you hit a haste softcap, "going elsewhere" involves just getting more haste anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

In fact the mace from ZA is better for the sheer fact it has Spirit that doesnt need to be reforged

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    Well one goal is to get 1960 for another Holy Radiance tick, and it's a judgment call how much spirit you want to sacrifice to get there (I usually go with none). Holy Radiance isn't used quite frequently enough for it to be totally game-breaking, however.
    Depends on your raid size... in 10 man you'll probably need the spirit more and you won't get to use HR as often. But in 25 man where HR is pretty much always the top heal getting 1 extra tick is way better than some extra spirit (which isn't even that much better than haste if you have at least one shaman)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Depends on your raid size... in 10 man you'll probably need the spirit more and you won't get to use HR as often. But in 25 man where HR is pretty much always the top heal getting 1 extra tick is way better than some extra spirit (which isn't even that much better than haste if you have at least one shaman)
    i guess the thread is done LOL