Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I see a lot of laughing and whatnot over this.

If any of you are under 18, you probably dont care and laugh and cheer with the hackers, But Sony employs more then 160,000 people world wide, and 10's of thousands of those are in north america. Hate the company all you want, but cheering it's demise when it creates jobs for you guys, seems kinda silly really.

"I'm behind 2 VPNs, 7 proxies, 7 boxxys, and Tor from my workstation on the moon."

^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by Denied78 View Post
    I see a lot of laughing and whatnot over this.

If any of you are under 18, you probably dont care and laugh and cheer with the hackers, But Sony employs more then 160,000 people world wide, and 10's of thousands of those are in north america. Hate the company all you want, but cheering it's demise when it creates jobs for you guys, seems kinda silly really.
    This. Hate the system, thats fine its your personal opinion and if making a console war makes your day awesome, congrats. But screwing with job and the eceonomy like this isn't exactly something to laugh about...if you are truly laughing at someone elses misfortune, it makes me a little more sad to think of culture and people today.

P.S Bring on the flames

another blow to Sony reputation and Microsoft just laugh in the shadows

Deleted
    It is getting a little stupid now - whoever is doing it is/are probably the lamest bunch of people or even just person ever thinking that they are hardcore for hacking millions of accounts for their details, when they can't even do anything with them - its really bad on sony's behalf for letting this happen, and all they can come up with is an offer for all PS3 users to buy 2 games for free as a sorry - they need to get it sorted, they must be able to trace who has them somehow

The group of hackers is called Lulz Security...LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenn View Post
    This. Hate the system, thats fine its your personal opinion and if making a console war makes your day awesome, congrats. But screwing with job and the eceonomy like this isn't exactly something to laugh about...if you are truly laughing at someone elses misfortune, it makes me a little more sad to think of culture and people today.

P.S Bring on the flames
    It's got nothing to do with a "console war".
    It's about a company with millions of peoples personal information being kept as plaintext that can be accessed by SQL injection.
    And the economy's fucked anyway, go look up the U.S's total debt, then look up what the whole of the U.S is worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to reinforce this thing into people's skulls.

What account? Sony Pictures doesn't have accounts as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    It's got nothing to do with a "console war".
    It's about a company with millions of peoples personal information being kept as plaintext that can be accessed by SQL injection.
    And the economy's fucked anyway, go look up the U.S's total debt, then look up what the whole of the U.S is worth.
    For some people, it is a console war. Example: LOL SONY GOT HACKED AGAIN U SUCK MICROSOFT/XBOX R BETTER.

And exactly, economy is already screwed so what kind of moron would cheer and laugh when a major company is getting screwed over?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    And now is the first time you ever mention me a zip file. And are you telling me a zip file can't contain malware?
    ONOES GYUZ THE .TXT FILES Я GUNA HACKING ME

Code:
    Sony BMG Music Entertainment Belgium/Sony_BMG_Music_Entertainment_BELGIUM.txt	4.81 KiB
    Sony BMG Music Entertainment Netherlands/Sony_BMG_Music_Entertainment_NETHERLANDS.txt	25.01 KiB
    Sony Pictures/Sony_Pictures_International_AUTOTRADER_USERS.txt	1.61 MiB
    Sony Pictures/Sony_Pictures_International_MUSIC_CODES.txt	1.34 MiB
    Sony Pictures/Sony_Pictures_International_BEAUTY_USERS.txt	673.07 KiB
    Sony Pictures/Sony_Pictures_International_DELBOCA_USERS.txt	572.82 KiB
    Sony Pictures/Sony_Pictures_International_COUPONS.txt	451.79 KiB
    Sony Pictures/Sony_Pictures_International_TABLE_LAYOUT.txt	27.54 KiB
    PRETENTIOUS PRESS STATEMENT.txt	3.74 KiB
    FILE CONTENTS.txt	1.93 KiB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    good thing i got a 360 and not ps3
    You know Xbox Live has been hacked several times, don't you? The difference being Microsoft just locked out the hackers and didn't make any big announcements about it, or do anything to stop it happening again. I suppose it's the difference between Japanese and US attitudes to such things.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    To suggest that Anonymous is involved in any of the serious attacks is even more naive.
    Seriously, those are people browsing image boards online and spewing random BS in their IRC channel to make them feel like they make any difference to the world! The only thing they can do is use a third party tool that they originally did not even write themselves (LOIC) to spam the shit outa companies with their 100MBit upstream lines. Those are not serious or even cryptographically significant attacks by any margin.
    YEss! I'm so going to download something put together by those guys.
    the more ppl that do this the more i lol

props to th3j35t3r
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-06-03 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdofherne View Post
    You know Xbox Live has been hacked several times, don't you? The difference being Microsoft just locked out the hackers and didn't make any big announcements about it, or do anything to stop it happening again. I suppose it's the difference between Japanese and US attitudes to such things.
    BS.

Xbox Live never got *hacked*, Xbox Live users got phished but that's the problem of their own stupidity!

Deleted
    ONOES GYUZ THE .TXT FILES Я GUNA HACKING ME
    Well too bad you didn't mention it including only txt files.

Well too bad you didn't mention it including only txt files.
    No matter what it includes, simply downloading a file will never get you a virus. You gotta be dumb enough to actually execute it with admin priviledges or open it in a program that craps itself while parsing the file.

Deleted
    No matter what it includes, simply downloading a file will never get you a virus. You gotta be dumb enough to actually execute it with admin priviledges or open it in a program that craps itself while parsing the file.
    And why would I download something with a potential risk in the first place?

Deleted
    Virals can be embedded in zip's, Rar's and even fucking PNGS.

Having said that, yes. The user has to actually be dumb enough to execute the file - which in most cases are pretty obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    -.-"

Oh Sony. Why must you be this pathetic with security?

And why would I download something with a potential risk in the first place?
    WTF, you don't have to download it, but the proof is there.

On another note, I would like to know what editor you are using if simply opening an arbitrary ASCII file will pose a security risk to your machine.

---------- Post added 2011-06-03 at 09:42 AM ----------

@Next poster: Why did you just delete that post?

Deleted
    @Next poster: Why did you just delete that post?
    I assume that was @me; because I quoted a source from a couple of years ago that I may have misremembered and thus removed it.