Deleted
    Can anyone help me? I have changed my companion to mjoll yesterday and after I gave her a full daedric legendary set with shield and sword I have noticed that she uses her default longbow instead of the daedra bow I gave her in every combat. Her bow does not show up when I trade her and I have tried to pickpocket her too it does not show up.

Is there any way to fix this on the xbox?? It sucks that she does not use the bow I gave her but she uses the daedra arrows I gave to her. BTW I have tried other companions after that too and it is the same issue on every one.

Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    This is a single player game. You should just be playing whatever you have the most fun with.
    this is what it comes down to really.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want to say is... yes Bethesda screwed up with the pacing in Skyrim. If I see that I can get this shiny piece of gear at level 10 then hell I'm going to do it, and it's up to Bethesda to prevent me from doing that, but about playing something suboptimal? I'm sorry I didn't know that Skyrim was World First raiding. Every class in Skyrim is balance enough that if you want to play it, then you'll do just fine. Mages may be underpowered, and yes it sucks, but thats just the way it is. You say you 3-4 shot everything right? Well I just wanted to say turn it up to master, and find an ancient dragon. Good luck just lololol facerolling it, because it will destroy you. I honestly cannot understand why you made your character all decked out, but won't turn it to master and complain how it's all too easy. BTW Dual wielding isn't the only "optimal class". I play a stealth archer... things rarely get to me... very rarely, but yeah it's so underpowered. I get the feeling that you are just complaining to complain.

Why would people compare an MMO that is forced to be grindy, drawn out, and balanced, to keep a monthly subscription rolling...to a single player game with difficulty settings? It even IS similar to Skyrim in a sense.

In WoW...The more epics you get, the more powerful you are to what is already in the game. The more powerful you get, the more content has to be released to keep up with how overpowered you got. That is where their monthly subscription comes from. It has to be "balanced". PVP has to be "balanced", or else it wouldn't be enjoyable for anyone who isn't overpowered, and they'd lose subscriptions. Nobody complains to Blizzard because everything is not being scaled to match how powerful you are. Nobody goes into Tol Barad to do dailies, wearing cata greens instead of epics, just to make the whole experience more thrilling and difficult.

Single player games aren't going to cater to the most overpowered you *CAN* get, it's going to cater to everybody. This is why you can set it to the lowest possible settings, and go through the game naked with iron daggers.

If you want to make yourself overpowered, that's what you'll be. If you want it to be hard, you'll set it to master without touching alchemy/smithing/enchanting. The choice is there to do whatever you want to do. If you're complaining the option is there, so you'll do it no matter what, I think that's your own fault, not bethdesa's. I've played plenty of single player games that I really enjoyed challenging myself. SSCC on Final Fantasy tactics, for instance, is probably one of the most difficult single player challenges I've personally done. Ask someone to make a mod that rips alchemy/smithing/enchanting from the game, so you wont be tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    If you want to make yourself overpowered, that's what you'll be. If you want it to be hard, you'll set it to master without touching alchemy/smithing/enchanting. The choice is there to do whatever you want to do. If you're complaining the option is there, so you'll do it no matter what, I think that's your own fault, not bethdesa's. I've played plenty of single player games that I really enjoyed challenging myself. SSCC on Final Fantasy tactics, for instance, is probably one of the most difficult single player challenges I've personally done. Ask someone to make a mod that rips alchemy/smithing/enchanting from the game, so you wont be tempted.
    I know, it is baffling to see these people complaining that it is no fun to play after they purposely broke the game. Yes it is possible to make yourself overpowered in Skyrim, and that's because the game offers FREEDOM. If you don't like that, then go play something linear.

Combat is completely different if you have difficulty set up high and didn't min/max things. If you have to take out a room of 3 people, instead of just barging in, sometimes you have to do things like shoot arrows to the other side of the room to make them investigate, to get them into position to catch them in a pool of lantern oil, or to drag them into a trap. And you have to use your racial powers and shouts to get by. People who think combat is no fun are doing it wrong, plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't see how I made myself a full set of Dragonscale gear and enchanted it with only perks to increase it's effectiveness and therefore I broke the game. Now, those people who do the enchanting and alchemy exploit are obviously breaking the game, but I have simply made my character as powerful as I can without exploiting. Now I'm not saying I shouldn't be able to do that... but I shouldn't be able to do it so early on. I've been sitting in my gear since level 30 and for awhile things were really easy. Now I am finally at a point where Deathlords, Dragon Priests, and Ancient Dragons are really tough, but all I'm saying is I feel like they should've made smithing harder. I mean being able to make 1000 iron daggers to get to 100 is ridiculously easy and cheap, so you can do it almost straight out of the gate. They should've made the crafting skills harder to level, so that you couldn't just grind it all out in a couple of hours, and you can't just say not to use them.... I mean that's like saying, "Oh shouts are OP, so i just won't use them." when Bethesda should really have just made shouts weaker or with a longer CD (this is a hypothetical situation just so you know).

If you want it to be hard, you'll set it to master without touching alchemy/smithing/enchanting.
    If you really believe that is the case to make it hard, then Bethesda shouldve disabled alchemy smithing and enchanting for master(hard) difficulty , and when i pick difficulty HARD i want it to be hard. You speak of freedom of choices and yet i need to LIMIT my choices even more if i want to get the appropriate difficulty.

It is NOT freedom when i cant just freely pick what fits my playstyle and what i feel will suit my weapons/abilities best without overpowering myself which is not what i desire, im forced to make choices i dont want in favour of challenge and vice versa.

And besides how would i know how powerful anything really is in the game when im playing the game for the first time? How am i supposed to avoid anything overpowered right off the bat. Seriously...

If there was at least resemblance of balance, destruction wouldnt suck and wouldnt get totally underpowered after level 40. And dual wield/enchanting/smithing/alch wouldnt equal a godmode even on hardest of difficulties. And then the game would be more fun and that would make choices truely free and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    Combat is completely different if you have difficulty set up high and didn't min/max things. If you have to take out a room of 3 people, instead of just barging in, sometimes you have to do things like shoot arrows to the other side of the room to make them investigate, to get them into position to catch them in a pool of lantern oil, or to drag them into a trap. And you have to use your racial powers and shouts to get by. People who think combat is no fun are doing it wrong, plain and simple.
    Except that playing on harder difficulty levels is essentially the same; with a little less room for putting points wherever you want. Min-maxing makes even more sense on harder difficulty settings.

Difficulty doesn't change the enemy AI nor does it change the combat itself. Melee combat still involves the EXACT SAME THING of running up to enemies; hitting power attack on both mouse buttons, stepping back and repeat; and using potions every time your health gets low.

Since the combat itself doesn't have any element of reactivity or pattern in the keypresses like a standard action rpg there is almost no skill involved no matter what the difficulty is.

Most of the stuff you mention is creating your own difficulty in a game that isn't supposed to be difficult.

It's kinda like taking Super Mario Wii and then saying Level 1-1 is hard if you play with 1 hand tied behind your back.

Combat balance is severely lacking in skyrim and the combat itself is excessively simplistic and bland. And having to pause the combat every few seconds to navigate through a bad UI is just terrible design.

Skyrim on higher difficulty is essentially tedious enemy HP bloat forcing you to spam potions *even* more and slowly chip away and min max obviously since the whole exercise is annoying. Also to get potions you have to roam around gathering junk forever. Nope, not fun.

Difficulty is when completely new mechanics or the actual second-second combat actually changes. Or better AI from the enemies. In skyrim combat at higher difficulties is more of a test of patience than anything else.

There are only 2-3 attacks that are possible - left/right/block; where would the difficulty even come from other than just enemy health bloat.

Certain very obvious perks (melee, one handed dw, smith/ench/alch and possibly sneak) make the game a total joke to play no matter what the difficulty level.
    On the other hand if you make a mage - TOUGH LUCK BRO.

Similarly at very low levels (10 or less) many specs are complete garbage.

This isn't fun, it's just bad combat design.

The problem with bethesda is they make hiking simulators; not video games. The fans and reviewers are totally fine with this somehow so I guess it's ok.
    Last edited by Neeshka; 2011-12-03 at 04:39 PM.

If you really believe that is the case to make it hard, then Bethesda shouldve disabled alchemy smithing and enchanting for master(hard) difficulty , and when i pick difficulty HARD i want it to be hard. You speak of freedom of choices and yet i need to LIMIT my choices even more if i want to get the appropriate difficulty.

It is NOT freedom when i cant just freely pick what fits my playstyle and what i feel will suit my weapons/abilities best without overpowering myself which is not what i desire, im forced to make choices i dont want in favour of challenge and vice versa.
    Picking HARD is a choice, just as much as not choosing to put perks into enchanting/alchemy/smithing. Why not just play on the easiest mode possible, since the option is there to do so?

You're basically saying your playstyle is taking things which are overpowered. It's contradicting.

22/49 of my perks are enchanting/smithing/alchemy. I could've maxed out other tree's instead, had a far more interesting character, and had a more challenging experience. Enchanting isn't that great if you don't put perks in it. Alchemy also isn't that great without perks. A year or two down the road when I feel like replaying again, that's probably what I'll end up doing (Not picking the 3 "crafts").

My first character, I didn't put any points into smithing/alchemy/enchanting at *all* until about level 30, in which I had 55 hours played. I was still doing fine on Expert with sneak attack dagger-oneshots, although i'd usually always die if I got seen. I had to play smart. It was fun.

There are only 2-3 attacks that are possible - left/right/block; where would the difficulty even come from other than just enemy health bloat.
    I agree with your whole post that combat isn't very unique, but I don't really find it boring at all. Maybe it's because I come from a time where spamming "Attack" for hours was the most efficient way to get past random battles.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2011-12-03 at 05:49 PM.

You're basically saying your playstyle is taking things which are overpowered. It's contradicting.
    You didnt respond where i asked , how would i know what is overpowered when im playing for the first time? How would i know how hard opponents gonna become?
    I think youre contradicting yourself - you are basically saying that "you are free to choose not to choose" derp.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    You didnt respond where i asked , how would i know what is overpowered when im playing for the first time? How would i know how hard opponents gonna become?
    I think youre contradicting yourself - you are basically saying that "you are free to choose not to choose" derp.
    You wont, but starting over is pretty easy. I started over because I realized I "wasted" about 10 perks. Can't console command a PS3. Who ever does everything they want on their first playthrough anyways?
    Last edited by Zafire; 2011-12-03 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    People keep bringing this up in defense of bad balance in Skyrim. "well why dont you just avoid these powerful talents?" ; "why dont you avoid alchemy, enchanting and smithing", "why dont u avoid sneak talents, or go completely naked"

Yeah its players job to limit himself to create a challenge, aswell as choose not to make free choices in a game that promotes choice in order to have challenge and not become overpowered?

Suffice to say even thou it annoys me i still do create challenge and i still love this game, because it is indeed a good game, but that shouldnt make people Oblivious to its flaws.
    Cheesing the system is NOT Bethesda's fault. Its your own. No one said there's anything wrong with the smithing, enchanting or alchemy. What's wrong is people who decide to cry about the game being too easy after they power level smithing by making 500 iron daggers. Want to enjoy the game? Don't cheese the system. Bethesda might be able to fix it but in the end players will ALWAYS find a way to cheese the system.

I have 3 characters so far. My main which is 31 and a sneak dagger/archer/sword and board type on expert difficulty. I have yet to chug a single health, mana or magicka potion. I've died LOADS of times.
    My second character is a mage. I've had to chug potions like mad cause I play pretty bad. My go to tactic is usually just to run in and destro spell everyone and retreat when its too much. I die about 50% of the times with this method. Then I realized how helpful conjuration was but also that it limited by destro leveling so now I'm trying to optomize my gameplay to minimize potion use.
    My last character is one that's made to clearly cheese the system. Its a Khajiit unarmed fighter. I've had to chug potions all day and lower the difficulty to adept because of the limited range.

All that said the game does seem to have lost a bit of its appeal to me since I finished the main quest. They could definitely have made that A LOT longer.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-12-03 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    Except that playing on harder difficulty levels is essentially the same; with a little less room for putting points wherever you want. Min-maxing makes even more sense on harder difficulty settings.

Difficulty doesn't change the enemy AI nor does it change the combat itself. Melee combat still involves the EXACT SAME THING of running up to enemies; hitting power attack on both mouse buttons, stepping back and repeat; and using potions every time your health gets low.

Since the combat itself doesn't have any element of reactivity or pattern in the keypresses like a standard action rpg there is almost no skill involved no matter what the difficulty is.

Most of the stuff you mention is creating your own difficulty in a game that isn't supposed to be difficult.

It's kinda like taking Super Mario Wii and then saying Level 1-1 is hard if you play with 1 hand tied behind your back.

Combat balance is severely lacking in skyrim and the combat itself is excessively simplistic and bland. And having to pause the combat every few seconds to navigate through a bad UI is just terrible design.

Skyrim on higher difficulty is essentially tedious enemy HP bloat forcing you to spam potions *even* more and slowly chip away and min max obviously since the whole exercise is annoying. Also to get potions you have to roam around gathering junk forever. Nope, not fun.

Difficulty is when completely new mechanics or the actual second-second combat actually changes. Or better AI from the enemies. In skyrim combat at higher difficulties is more of a test of patience than anything else.

Certain very obvious perks (melee, one handed dw, smith/ench/alch and possibly sneak) make the game a total joke to play no matter what the difficulty level.

The problem with bethesda is they make hiking simulators; not video games. The fans and reviewers are totally fine with this somehow so I guess it's ok.
    I'm not really a fan of Bethesda and Skyrim is the first TES game i've picked up. Your point is completely valid. If you're looking for a raiding simulator for singleplayer then you should'nt look to the kind of game Skyrim is indeed. If you're expecting to be challenged in combat siturations, you have to make the challenges yourself.

But personally, I love the game to bits. I like the stories and the freedom it provides. I like the feeling of being superior to what i'll be facing, and if I want challenges, I switch to my non-upgraded hunting bow and arrows for the fun of it, or to non-upgraded armor.

I agree that the AI could use some more 'clever' mechanics, but heck.. it's not even slightly making me enjoy playing the game less. I'd rate it 9.8/10 simply because of the experience and feeling the game and stories within it gives me. Call it a hiking simulator, but I guess that just makes me extremely easy to please.

edit:

Also, I'm one of those, apparently rare, kind of people out there who does'nt expect any game to be tailored directly to my needs and preferences. Skyrim and I have had our disagreements in alot of the things it's thrown my way, but overall I think that just adds to the fun. If a game was tailor made to please me, I think i'd be bored of it pretty damn fast..

But each to their own =)
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2011-12-03 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post

It sounds to me like you are just too bad to play at Master. Yeah if you want to just run in and start slashing then you are definitely going to have to chug tons of health potions, but if you use traps and poisons then you will have a better chance of success and you won't have to waste 50 potions on a single Draugr Deathlord. But that would take too much time, effort, and intellect for you, wouldn't it? Now, Skyrim's combat system is by no means perfect, but it isn't nearly as bad as you describe it. Oh, and you want reactivity? Try going sword and board. I'm playing on Adept atm and when I faced off against a Bandit Chief who would take almost 1/3 to 1/4 of my health with every swing. I had to time my blocks, so that I could reduce the damage I took and still whittle him down. It was challenging and I died a couple of times. It seems to me like all you've played is LOLOLOLOLOL Dual Wield and facerolled everything and you haven't bothered to play some of the more strategic play styles. Come back when you've played as a dagger assassin... you can't get caught or else you will probably die, or a mage, where you set down some runes and lure the enemies to you and watch them fry, or an archer who puts a frenzy potion on his bow and watches as the enemies kill themselves and then kills the others all while never being detected. All of these playstyles are complex and when you play on master you have to use some strategy if you expect to live. Of course... you could always make you character super OP by exploiting, so you don't have to deal with it.

Cheesing the system is NOT Bethesda's fault. Its your own. No one said there's anything wrong with the smithing, enchanting or alchemy. What's wrong is people who decide to cry about the game being too easy after they power level smithing by making 500 iron daggers. Want to enjoy the game? Don't cheese the system. Bethesda might be able to fix it but in the end players will ALWAYS find a way to cheese the system.
    it is not cheesing the system and it is Bethesda's fault.

the smithing system is stupid. it took all of like an hour of game time before i figured out that smithing iron daggers (and leather bracers for that matter) netted ridiculous amounts of blacksmithing points for very cheap mats, and as such i could level blacksmithing to 100 without really trying, if i would have really been paying attention i would have also noticed that i could purchase ridiculous amounts of petty soul gems for a tiny amount and i would have been able to level enchanting to 100 at the same time with ease (making ridiculous money at the sametime without ever leaving the first hold). as it was, i was running around skyrim in some of the best armor and i never left whiterun, clearly the fault is my own, as it is each and everyone's own fault when something in a game doesn't work right or is stupid.

Bethesda made the game, they made it easy to smith and enchant items, yet i am to blame for it? i'm sorry, but that logic is as stupid as the crafting system is in skyrim.

the smithing system is stupid. it took all of like an hour of game time before i figured out that smithing iron daggers (and leather bracers for that matter) netted ridiculous amounts of blacksmithing points for very cheap mats, and as such i could level blacksmithing to 100 without really trying, if i would have really been paying attention i would have also noticed that i could purchase ridiculous amounts of petty soul gems for a tiny amount and i would have been able to level enchanting to 100 at the same time with ease (making ridiculous money at the sametime without ever leaving the first hold). as it was, i was running around skyrim in some of the best armor and i never left whiterun, clearly the fault is my own, as it is each and everyone's own fault when something in a game doesn't work right or is stupid.
    On this playthrough (My second playthrough) I couldn't smith endlessly because of funds. Money isn't very easy to get, until you get a good foothold on quests and can start working up on something that can get you money (Thieves guild, dark brotherhood, companions, etc). Alchemy is hard to make money off of until you get 60+ on it, and it's extremely difficult to get it that high until you invest perks in it (At which point, you can make 100k gold in an hour if you have the thieves guild fence maxed out, which takes a reasonably long time to do).

A filled petty soul gem is 240~G, and you do not have the money at early levels to buy as many of those as you want. Around 60 enchanting, you have to spend 4-5 gems to get one level. It's even worse past 80. An iron dagger with a petty soul gem is worth about the same as a petty soul gem, which only sells 110G~ to a vendor. It is simply not possible to power level smithing and enchanting before you get at least somewhat of a foothold in the game first. Smithing *is* ridiculously easy to power level (You probably only need about 6k gold) enchanting is not. The only way it is profitable is if you fill the gems yourself. Nothing you can do while standing around in whiterun.

Money is crap at early levels, but if you are truely hellbent on leveling a crafting profession, of course you can do so with enough time.

I faced off against a Bandit Chief who would take almost 1/3 to 1/4 of my health with every swing.
    And there lies another problem - the game goes like this :
    "Oh another dragon *yawn*, hurptidoo"

"OH shi- its the Bandit Chief! RUUUUUN!"
    Cheesing the system is NOT Bethesda's fault. Its your own. No one said there's anything wrong with the smithing, enchanting or alchemy.
    You dont really have to cheese to become overpowered. And its not even cheese either, the possibilities you can do to make yourself better in game are so obvious, like no brainer, i still expected to get challenge, instead everything became trivial.
    And yes its Bethesda's fault that everything can be cheesed. Why would making iron daggers provide same skill increase as daedric daggers. And why would enchanting with petty gems provide same skill increase as enchanting with grand gems. And weapons scale into infinity...

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It sounds to me like you are just too bad to play at Master. Yeah if you want to just run in and start slashing then you are definitely going to have to chug tons of health potions, but if you use traps and poisons then you will have a better chance of success and you won't have to waste 50 potions on a single Draugr Deathlord. But that would take too much time, effort, and intellect for you, wouldn't it? Now, Skyrim's combat system is by no means perfect, but it isn't nearly as bad as you describe it. Oh, and you want reactivity? Try going sword and board. I'm playing on Adept atm and when I faced off against a Bandit Chief who would take almost 1/3 to 1/4 of my health with every swing. I had to time my blocks, so that I could reduce the damage I took and still whittle him down. It was challenging and I died a couple of times. It seems to me like all you've played is LOLOLOLOLOL Dual Wield and facerolled everything and you haven't bothered to play some of the more strategic play styles. Come back when you've played as a dagger assassin... you can't get caught or else you will probably die, or a mage, where you set down some runes and lure the enemies to you and watch them fry, or an archer who puts a frenzy potion on his bow and watches as the enemies kill themselves and then kills the others all while never being detected. All of these playstyles are complex and when you play on master you have to use some strategy if you expect to live. Of course... you could always make you character super OP by exploiting, so you don't have to deal with it.
    why would you do any of those things when you don't need to? There have been exactly two times when enemies required more thought from me than just run in and kill them, the first being the 3 casters in the azura's star quest chain, each attack they did took away 1/4 of my health and there was no where to run out of line of sight or sneak up on them. the second time was the first ancient dragon i fought, which the first time it landed "finished" me when i was at over 3/4 HP.

sure if you want to do those things you can, but i don't care to artificially make the game more difficult by using "strategic" methods.

the combat system is as bad as he described it. left attack, right attack, left power attack, right power attack, and block. that's all there is to it, the difference in a left attack and a right attack is that a left attack you hit the right mouse button and for a right attack you hit the left mouse button. they don't do different amounts of dmg, they don't swing at different speeds, and they aren't used against different opponents. they just are and that is why the combat system sucks, it is all the same.

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    On this playthrough (My second playthrough) I couldn't smith endlessly because of funds. Money isn't very easy to get, until you get a good foothold on quests and can start working up on something that can get you money (Thieves guild, dark brotherhood, companions, etc). Alchemy is hard to make money off of until you get 60+ on it, and it's extremely difficult to get it that high until you invest perks in it (At which point, you can make 100k gold in an hour if you have the thieves guild fence maxed out, which takes a reasonably long time to do).

A filled petty soul gem is 240~G, and you do not have the money at early levels to buy as many of those as you want. Around 60 enchanting, you have to spend 4-5 gems to get one level. It's even worse past 80. An iron dagger with a petty soul gem is worth about the same as a petty soul gem, which only sells 110G~ to a vendor. It is simply not possible to power level smithing and enchanting before you get at least somewhat of a foothold in the game first. Smithing *is* ridiculously easy to power level (You probably only need about 6k gold) enchanting is not. The only way it is profitable is if you fill the gems yourself. Nothing you can do while standing around in whiterun.

Money is crap at early levels, but if you are truely hellbent on leveling a crafting profession, of course you can do so with enough time.
    Fair, you can't stand in whiterun (it was hyperbole) and level enchanting, however i did do it without visiting another hold or starting any guild quests.

however, money is not difficult to come by in skyrim at any point. pick up items and sell them. if you want to go even faster, steal materials use them in crafting and then sell them. i was not hellbent on leveling crafting professions, however i saw that i could so i figured i should which apparently means i cheesed and exploited the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    why would you do any of those things when you don't need to? There have been exactly two times when enemies required more thought from me than just run in and kill them, the first being the 3 casters in the azura's star quest chain, each attack they did took away 1/4 of my health and there was no where to run out of line of sight or sneak up on them. the second time was the first ancient dragon i fought, which the first time it landed "finished" me when i was at over 3/4 HP.

sure if you want to do those things you can, but i don't care to artificially make the game more difficult by using "strategic" methods.

the combat system is as bad as he described it. left attack, right attack, left power attack, right power attack, and block. that's all there is to it, the difference in a left attack and a right attack is that a left attack you hit the right mouse button and for a right attack you hit the left mouse button. they don't do different amounts of dmg, they don't swing at different speeds, and they aren't used against different opponents. they just are and that is why the combat system sucks, it is all the same.
    Again you are describing one style of play... when you play as a different class then you have to add in different strategies. Besides I wasn't talking to you I was talking to the other guy. He was complaining about how he went in and facerolled and then had to pop a bunch of potions in order to stay alive, whereas if he had taken some time to think it over and then reacted he would've faired much better. I believe we have a difference in opinion on what is "easier". Your way is probably faster, but it is also more riskier and requires more resources, such as health potions. My way requires a little more thought and therefore more time, but also I usually walk away unscathed and use maybe a poison or two. Besides it's not always about what is easier, it's about what is more fun. I think it's fun to play stealthily and take my time, if you think it's more fun to run in and kill everyone with your swords, then more power to you.

Deleted
    Anyone that can help me here? I'm experiencing a weird bug that makes me unable to use anything at all. Everything that has the 'use' option is greyed out Can't use forges, alchemy tables, enchanting tables, etc.