Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I've never had a dragon attack inside a town, only in outside cells, like right in front of the gates of Solitude and in the Mage's College.
    Had another dragon attack at the gates of Windhelm, Riverwood and Rorikstead. It's really cool but it sucks when a villager dies because he or she might hold a quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Had another dragon attack at the gates of Windhelm, Riverwood and Rorikstead. It's really cool but it sucks when a villager dies because he or she might hold a quest.
    Can't remember exactly what it's called, I think Radiant Questing, but basically it means that if someone dies with a question another NPC will be able to give the quest out, so you never lose out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeshka View Post
    <snip>

Just going to say that it is your opinion, and the fact that it won quite a few awards means that other people really enjoyed the game and did not feel the same. More importantly it would be really nice if people stopped going into a thread like this one only to say "OMG THIS GAME SUCKS" because it offers nothing to the conversation at all. Atleast give a good reason as to why. :\ More importantly dont see why you needed to add that little snippet at the bottom.

It's not really the worst game; but it definitely doesn't deserve the attention and goty awards.
    I've probably done this to death in this thread and people will kill me if I start again but w/e.

This guy is exaggerating but he has a point; the combat is atrocious. The quests are atrocious. The AI and physics are hilariously bad; no facial expressions, bad voice acting, soulless/lifeless.

To be fair it's an absolutely amazing hiking sim and exploration simulator. If you are a LARPer; you'll like this game obviously (and a lot more after mods come out). I've definitely had my share of fun exploring the mostly beautiful world and the handful of very well crafted dungeons.

>HAY BUT THAT JUST UR OPINION MAN
    >BBBBUT MODS WILL FIX ERYTHING
    >ALL QUEST SKYRIM SO AWESUM <3 ^_^ xDxD
    >HUGE GAEM NOT PAWSIBAL TO MAEK 2 MANY GEWD QUEST
    >COMBAT NOT BAD MAYB U SUX
    >WHO CARE IT FUN GAM ANEWAY LOL U JUTS HATE FUN
    >I MEAN ARROW TO THE KNEE RITE xDD
    >MAYBE U NOT LIEK FUN
    >UR JJUST A BETH HATER
    >UMAD BECUZ OUR GAME IS THE BEST???
    I bet you are one of the people that expects more than "kill x" "collect y" in MMOs. You have unrealistic expectations. But the rest of the world enjoys it so I guess you are the minority who doesn't like it. And that IS your opinion and putting into a list like that and making yourself look like a 13 year old throwing a fit doesn't help your case.

this game could have been much much better, it is practically the same game as morrowwind for christ sake and that game is 10 years old. the game has offered nothing new to the genre or to games in general.

it is also everyone else's opinion that it is a good game, yet people throw it around freely like it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    this game could have been much much better, it is practically the same game as morrowwind for christ sake and that game is 10 years old. the game has offered nothing new to the genre or to games in general.

it is also everyone else's opinion that it is a good game, yet people throw it around freely like it matters.
    Why is it bad that the gameplay is somewhat the same as Morrowind? Morrowind was a great game right? Same franchise so I don't blame them for using it.

This game is and looks amazing. Why does everyone always need shit to complain about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people always say that games have to revolutionize their genre or games in general to be considered great. People always complain that CoD is the same thing over and over again, but why change what works? Same with Skyrim.... they create one of the greatest open world RPGs of all time... why go and change everything?

@ Kaelwryn and EyelessCrow... just drop it... this argument has been going on for dozens of pages.. he's never going to give up

@ Neeshka, what I don't understand is that you keep bashing the game, when you've already stated you don't like it. We understand, we've discussed it, any more hate is needless. I don't understand why you keep following the thread. You make some good points, unlike most of the haters, but we've already debated it... I don't know why you have to keep bringing it back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I love how people always say that games have to revolutionize their genre or games in general to be considered great. People always complain that CoD is the same thing over and over again, but why change what works? Same with Skyrim.... they create one of the greatest open world RPGs of all time... why go and change everything?

@ Kaelwryn and EyelessCrow... just drop it... this argument has been going on for dozens of pages.. he's never going to give up

@ Neeshka, what I don't understand is that you keep bashing the game, when you've already stated you don't like it. We understand, we've discussed it, any more hate is needless. I don't understand why you keep following the thread. You make some good points, unlike most of the haters, but we've already debated it... I don't know why you have to keep bringing it back up.
    MW2 - MW3 is a much different comparison than Morrowind - Skyrim, but thats a topic best left for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Nah I actually say good stuff about the game too; also; it's really hard to resist enjoyable bethesda bashing when a bethdrone jumps on the slightest criticism of their games.
    Dunno why I follow the thread. Cool screenshots; cool mods, maybe to see an interesting dungeon or playstyle argument I missed ?

About Call Of Duty:

The difference is CoD is actually good. Personally the only multiplayer CoD I played was CoD4; which I enjoyed. Other than that I played every single COD single player campaign from CoD1 up until MW3 now. In areas that actually matter for an fps - gunplay, difficulty balance, AI, not being able to brute force everything; COD has consistently delivers. In addition the set pieces; scripted events, music, voice acting, pacing are all incredibly polished. There are NEVER any major bugs. The UI and being limited to 2 guns works out well. To top it all off the non-interactive narrative bits are presented with the flair and panache and panache of a hollywood movie. The story itself is engaging enough.

---------- Post added 2011-12-28 at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I bet you are one of the people that expects more than "kill x" "collect y" in MMOs. You have unrealistic expectations. But the rest of the world enjoys it so I guess you are the minority who doesn't like it. And that IS your opinion and putting into a list like that and making yourself look like a 13 year old throwing a fit doesn't help your case.
    Nope; I like WoW. I like most good RPGs too.

In a good RPG not focussed on combat; quests typically have good narratives; are well written, immersion; occasionally have a degree of choice and consequences, have different ways to tackle a situation (good/evil/passive/indifferent etc). Good voice acting is also a plus.

In an action oriented RPG good quests don't really need to have all of the above but the combat itself needs to be satisfying and rewarding. The "end-boss" in a sub-quest should pose a challenge; there should be something unique or interesting to be had at the end of a quest.

There are tons and tons of RPGs that do the above; skyrim doesn't.

Actually all my posts are quite civil and nothing like a 13 yr old; using ">" is a way of quoting; and it's just a mockery of the more hardline bethesda fanbase; who are in my opinion very amusing.
    Last edited by Neeshka; 2011-12-28 at 09:44 PM.

About Call Of Duty:

The difference is CoD is actually good. Personally the only multiplayer CoD I played was CoD4; which I enjoyed. Other than that I played every single COD single player campaign from CoD1 up until MW3 now. In areas that actually matter for an fps - gunplay, difficulty balance, AI, not being able to brute force everything; COD has consistently delivers. In addition the set pieces; scripted events, music, voice acting, pacing are all incredibly polished. There are NEVER any major bugs. The UI and being limited to 2 guns works out well. To top it all off the non-interactive narrative bits are presented with the flair and panache and panache of a hollywood movie. The story itself is engaging enough.
    MW3: A game with roughly ±5 hours of gameplay

vs.

Skyrim: Main storyline alone has ±30 hours of gameplay. Not to mention the tons of side-quests that exist in the game and things to discover.

How can you even begin to compare the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    MW3: A game with roughly ±5 hours of gameplay

vs.

Skyrim: Main storyline alone has ±30 hours of gameplay. Not to mention the tons of side-quests that exist in the game and things to discover.

How can you even begin to compare the two?
    game length is irrelevant.

if you eat dog crap 100 times it doesn't become a fillet mignon; it's still a turd.
    also
    if game length or "the time I can spend mucking about in a game" were everything every mmorpg ever would be the best games ever made. Sadly they aren't.

All video games are software; and have a number of common elements that keep normal people entertained. So it's always fair game to compare them at some level.

Finally; I didn't even compare CoD and Skyrim.

Infracted. Please stop trolling the Skyrim thread. If you don't like it, fine, move on with your life and go read other threads more relevant to your interests.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-28 at 10:04 PM.

Neeshka, I would suggest you stop posting in this thread. You're doing quite a bit of flamebaiting and getting the conversation off topic. Everyone else, stop taking the bait.

I just wondering, is in Skyrim some two hand weapon better than Wuuthrad without using crafting? From some quest or chest. Because I cant find anything better since I finished those Companion quests.

Deleted
    Apparently, mine game want´s me to stay unmarried at any cost! I have two (2) amulet of maras, other is loot, and other is from temple of mara quest chain. Neither of them let´s me choose marriage dialogue choices. And what I find most odd, neither do console commands let me get married (relationshiprank player 4, addfac 19809 1). It´s really annoying, i´m handsome (not really), strong nord with heavy armor and I don´t deserve this kind of treatment. I have tried Camilla in Riverwood and Ysolda(?) in Whiterun, I have completed their quests that are requirement for marriage (Golden Claw for Camilla and a mammoth tusk for Ysolda, hell, I even killed mammoth for that!!), and for some reason, I can´t see marriage dialogue choices...Can anyone help with this?

game length is irrelevant.

if you eat dog crap 100 times it doesn't become a fillet mignon; it's still a turd.
    also
    if game length or "the time I can spend mucking about in a game" were everything every mmorpg ever would be the best games ever made. Sadly they aren't.

All video games are software; and have a number of common elements that keep normal people entertained. So it's always fair game to compare them at some level.

Finally; I didn't even compare CoD and Skyrim.

Infracted. Please stop trolling the Skyrim thread. If you don't like it, fine, move on with your life and go read other threads more relevant to your interests.
    Except Skyrim is far from a "turd" even if you disagree. The game is well-made, especially if you look at how much hours of gameplay they have developed into this game.

I wasn't accusing you of comparing Skyrim and CoD. It was more like a question in general.

I guess it's not worth discussing this game with you since you disregard anything that's said with the limited vocabulary that you see to have on this matter. Makes me wonder why you're even here in this thread and what you're trying to accomplish.

I'm fine with you arguing why you don't like it and your reasonings about it but don't come with horrible counter arguments like these:

>HAY BUT THAT JUST UR OPINION MAN
    >BBBBUT MODS WILL FIX ERYTHING
    >ALL QUEST SKYRIM SO AWESUM <3 ^_^ xDxD
    >HUGE GAEM NOT PAWSIBAL TO MAEK 2 MANY GEWD QUEST
    >COMBAT NOT BAD MAYB U SUX
    >WHO CARE IT FUN GAM ANEWAY LOL U JUTS HATE FUN
    >I MEAN ARROW TO THE KNEE RITE xDD
    >MAYBE U NOT LIEK FUN
    >UR JJUST A BETH HATER
    >UMAD BECUZ OUR GAME IS THE BEST???
    Seriously, green texting on anything but 4chan? Come on kid.

also
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2011-12-29 at 02:17 AM.

1. Ok, sorry about this, but I had a simple idea, durability, and while I was writing it down here, ideas just started flooding into my head and I just tried to write them down as quickly as possible so as to not forget them. I don't know how well I've worded some of my ideas, but if you need clarification, just reply and I will try to clarify.

2. think a great way to maybe balance out the game a little better would be to put durability into the game. Weapons would become broken and unusable (but still in your inventory) if you used them for too long as would armor if it took too many hits. However, you could repair the armor or weapons with smithing. Then change the smithing tree so instead of having the perks allow you to double how much armor can be improved, allow that time of armor, or weapon to be repaired twice as much. The enchants that boosted smithing would instead boost repairing. There would however be a cap on how well repaired an item could be, say 200%.

3. Another interesting idea that just popped into my head would make enchanting less op as well. Make it so that there is an armor enchantment, and a weapon enchantment that allowed that piece of armor or that weapon that was enchanted to be repaired above 100%, and for every percent over 100, the weapon's damage, or the armor's rating is improved by that percent. To clarify, the weapon damage would not be reduced if the repair percent was below 100%, it would only increase above 100%. There would however be a cap on how well repaired an item could be, 200%, because the weapon's and armor could still be repaired twice as much. This would mean that at full repair (200%), the weapon or armor would be the same power as if you had simply had the weapon or armor fully buffed in the current iteration of the game, but it would slowly break.

4. This would mean that if you had a Daedric Longsword, and you had daedric smithing, you would be able to repair the longsword twice as much. If that longsword had the enchantment on it, then it could also be repaired above 100%, you could have a weapon that was 200% power. This would mean that too have the maximum amount of damage on a weapon, you would need to sacrifice an enchantment, which would slightly balance the opness of enchanting. The weapon would also become damaged while you were out fighting, and so before long, the sword or armor would not benefit you as well, and so you would need to return to a smithy to repair it, and make it powerful again

5. This would also make heavy armor and two handed weapons have a fighting chance against light armor and one handed weapons, because Heavy armor and one handed weapons would break sooner, and so it would be a toss-up. Do you go with the dual-wielding one hands that will break more often, and will lost their "super-repair" sooner, or do you go with two handed weapons that may deal less damage at highest repair, but will then will remain at higher repair longer. The same toss-up could be applied to light armor vs. Heavy armor. Light armor is sneakier, and sure it can reach the armor cap, but much sooner than heavy armor, will once again be below the armor cap. Heavy armor is less sneaky, but will keep you protected longer. Before I forget, make shields a little more desirable by making it so that if you block with a shield, the shield will be damaged, but your armor will not.

6. Another kind of unrelated idea would involve potions. Make the current potions that increase how much armor can be improved by instead repair an item for 30secs. Make these potions have a cool down however, and so you could not simply spam potions. That is another way to improve the game, make potions have cooldowns.

7. I think all these changes, if put into affect together would make the game a lot more fun and would really increase the intuitiveness required to play on master. Make higher difficulties simply damage items faster, so on master it armor would lose 1% durability whenever hit, but on novice it would lose .1%. I'm sure I haven't phrased something perfectly, and to be honest, I am still thinking a mile a minute at this point, but I'd like to hear your ideas on this do far.
    Last edited by Khaaaaaaaan; 2011-12-28 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Khaaan I didn't want to quote your post, because then mine would be too big, but what you are suggesting is basically what they did in Oblivion. They stated that they felt it was more fun to improve gear, than to constantly repair it, which I agree with. As for your suggestion in balancing out heavy and light well... really the only people who use light armor because it's better at higher levels, are the min-maxers, and I doubt they would mind having the advantage of light over heavy if it meant they had to go to the smith more often. I like that you are thinking about ways to fix it, I just don't think your way would improve much.

Fun fact: All of the Dragon Shouts in game exists in wow already.

Animal Allegiance: Hunter's tame Pet
    Aura Whisper: Hunter's Decect spells
    Become Ethernal: Paladins Bubble
    Call Dragon: Probably Hunters call pet
    Call of Valor: Guardian of the Ancient Kings
    Disarm: Rogues Disarm
    Dismay: Warlocks Fear
    Dragonrend: That shout you WISH you had during Ultraxion trash, hence the Skyrim timer for DBM.
    Elemental Fury: Shamans Windfury
    Fire Breath: Fire mages dragon breath
    Frost Breath: Mages Cone of Cold
    Ice Form: DKs Hungering Cold
    Kyne's Peace: Priests Soothe
    Marked for Death: Hunter's mark
    Slow Time: Mages time warp
    Throw Voice: Rogues distract
    Unrelenting Force: Moonkins Typhoon
    Whirlwind Sprint: Mages blink

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Fun fact: All of the Dragon Shouts in game exists in wow already.
    Fun fact: if you look somewhere else you will find that all the abilities in WoW were taken from another game.

Not saying they were copied from wow, just a fun comparison of abilities.