10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No.

If YOU lost the game then the game company owes you nothing.

If you still have a physical copy of the game that you bought and yet the game has some bullshit DRM that doesn't allow you to install and/or play it, THAT is when I think pirating would be understandable.

Mind you, by "understandable" I still don't mean "okay". It still irks me that people do that, it just irks me more that game companies put in shit that punishes legitimate customers more than pirates.
    Never said Bethesda owed me anything, I just don't think I would owe anything to Bethesda for having the same game on a different platform. In all honesty they aren't losing any money from my actions, I've already paid them for the game, and I wouldn't buy the game again if I didn't have the option anyway. I don't know, I can rationalize it all I want, doesn't make it any less wrong I suppose.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-04-11 at 03:04 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Anybody have any speculation or rumors on when we can see some possible DLC, and what we could see in said DLC?
    They have said that "something" is coming near the end of April, and they recently trademarked the name "Dawnguard". That's about all we know.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Question for the mage players in this thread. My bro has been playing a mage recently, (I've never played one myself, always gone heavy armor orc warrior) and he's been getting stomped a lot. He's only playing on adept, and I swear he dies like every other fight. He's a high elf, and he's adamant about not wearing armor.

Any pointers? I've noticed he tends to get one shotted a lot, sometimes even when he has an alteration shield spell thingy active.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Never said Bethesda owed me anything, I just don't think I would owe anything to Bethesda for having the same game on a different platform. In all honesty they aren't losing any money from my actions, I've already paid them for the game, and I wouldn't buy the game again if I didn't have the option anyway. I don't know, I can rationalize it all I want, doesn't make it any less wrong I suppose.
    Legally wrong, moral gray area. Yet another inadequacy of distribution, to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Question for the mage players in this thread. My bro has been playing a mage recently, (I've never played one myself, always gone heavy armor orc warrior) and he's been getting stomped a lot. He's only playing on adept, and I swear he dies like every other fight. He's a high elf, and he's adamant about not wearing armor.

Any pointers? I've noticed he tends to get one shotted a lot, sometimes even when he has an alteration shield spell thingy active.
    Any shield/armour increase at any level is fairly pointless when playing a mage. I'll assume he's still a fairly low level (Below 35-40ish) so he'll be putting his level ups into Magicka, which obviously leads to having less health. Best way around this, power level enchanting to 100, that'll allow you get to 100% magicka reduction on Destruction (also well as the other trees) spells, making magicka irrelevant. At this point you can pile all your level ups into health, meaning you won't be getting one shot.

But, you could just avoid attacks. Arrows are easy, melee are harder but once you get the Duel casting stagger, becomes a lot easier, magic is the only issue then, but you can enchant gear for fire/frost/shock dmg reduction quite a bit, or general magic dmg reduction for less. Im currantly lv66 on my main char now, level to 55ish as a Mage, and I do remember the lower levels being the hardest part, even on lower difficulty. But once i was able to up my health to avoid getting one shot by most things, everything was a lot easier and more enjoyable.

I always play on Master once i hit lv20 but i gave myself a rule: If I die 3 times to the same thing, drop the difficulty down and get it done.

On the PS3: Is there any way to slave the camera control to the movement control? In other words, is there any way I can make the camera follow my motion (like "move and steer" in WoW) so that if I turn my character to the right, the camera turns with me?

I can't keep my left and right hands in sync well enough to avoid running around in circles while looking everywhere except directly in front of me.

Deleted
    Fighting with motion capture would work with Kinect purely because the combat system in Skyrim is so bad lol

I expect someone to try and create a similar thing for the PC.

Deleted
    The shouts and follower parts are nice, but saying "Loot all items" taking longer than hitting the button to loot all the items. Completely pointless!

Does anyone here have some good recommendations for fun side-quests? I could personally recommend an awesome quest called "A Night to Remember". If you have seen the Hangover, then it is definitely similar to that. You can find the quest in the Whiterun inn, by drinking with a guy in, logically, a drinking contest.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Does anyone here have some good recommendations for fun side-quests? I could personally recommend an awesome quest called "A Night to Remember". If you have seen the Hangover, then it is definitely similar to that. You can find the quest in the Whiterun inn, by drinking with a guy in, logically, a drinking contest.
    The Companions quest chain is basically a kung-fu movie with a badass weapon reward at the end.

House of Horrors is nice if you're playing an evil character. Though arguably, Logrolf had it coming.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-04-15 at 04:51 AM.

hi maybe im mixing this game up with another one but i thought they were going to release a lot of expansions quickly...the player made stuff isnt really cutting it. they are just adding cosmetic items but not quests or dungeons
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    2 big dlcs that are expantion sized xbox will get acess first everyone will have to wait
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    2 big dlcs that are expantion sized xbox will get acess first everyone will have to wait
    wut

Which orifice did you pull that out of? Source please?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

At least this orifice pours out that smelly stuff

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/04/12/k...ing-to-skyrim/

Right there at the end there is this part. Notice how it doesn't even say anything about "everyone else get it later". If this is true I might start saying "I used to be a fan of bethesda, but then I took console exclusive expansion in the knee."

A full list of Voice Commands will be revealed in the coming weeks, and we’ve got more Skyrim news coming. Bethesda Game Studios has been hard at work on creating the first set of game add-ons that will be exclusive to the Xbox 360. This additional content will add new quests, locations, features, and much more to the world of Skyrim. Stay tuned for more details.

But is "game add-on" = "expansion"? At least it kind of sounds like it unless it is some sort of kinect stuff that can be done only with that setup, ect. ... but still. This all sounds quite damn horrible.

I wonder which ones had most sales, console or computer? When I myself bought skyrim, I remember how I had to wait since each store told me there were no PC version of it left to sell...but I seem to recall shelves being full of console versions.
    Last edited by Morae; 2012-04-16 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    At least this orifice pours out that smelly stuff

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/04/12/k...ing-to-skyrim/

Right there at the end there is this part. Notice how it doesn't even say anything about "everyone else get it later". If this is true I might start saying "I used to be a fan of bethesda, but then I took console exclusive expansion in the knee."

But is "game add-on" = "expansion"? At least it kind of sounds like it unless it is some sort of kinect stuff that can be done only with that setup, ect. ... but still. This all sounds quite damn horrible.

I wonder which ones had most sales, console or computer? When I myself bought skyrim, I remember how I had to wait since each store told me there were no PC version of it left to sell...but I seem to recall shelves being full of console versions.
    It's because of the deal they have with Microsoft. It was the very same thing with Oblivion too, who got all the releases first on Xbox for a while.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    http://yfrog.com/odtyxcurj

Some kind of DLC announcement? We shall see in a few hours. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    http://yfrog.com/odtyxcurj

Some kind of DLC announcement? We shall see in a few hours. :3
    At least it would be about time to give some infos on any DLCs. The game is out since November and there is still no DLC on the horizon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    The picture leaked earlier isn't from Skyrim's DLC, but from their upcoming game "Dishonored", apparently. Some kind of Steampunk RPG.

It's a bit more than just 'Some kind of Steampunk RPG'. They brought together some of the the makers of the Thief series, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic and the original Deus Ex to make this.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Yeah, I just had to write something, hadn't read about this game until tonight. Looks promising though.
    It certainly does

Ok now this is starting to annoy me a bit...

Its the dragon kill cam. Dunno if its new or has it been always there, but that thing bugs out. I'd actually once want to see what happens when it starts. All I see is dragons ass since thats the point of view where the camera is. I don't see myself from behind that giant ass. Any fix for this?