10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why don't you just use a bow and arrow? O.o
    I did. I didn't realize that would happen to me(even though I saw Lydia fly sky-high) since it was the first giant I faced by myself. The one that launched Lydia I ran away from. The one that sent me soaring was being pelted by arrows and then closed the gap waaay too fast and then *poof* I'm flying ragdoll style.

Deleted
    Merged the "Skyrim WTF moments"-thread with this one. Please keep all skyrim-related discussions and debates to this thread in the future.

Is it me or does anyone else have a hard time getting into Skyrim these days?

I only got about....4-6 quests into the main story (Right about when you meet Delphine the blades woman) and I never came back. I mean I restarted so much...I made a warrior..restarted. Rogue,Restarted. Mage,Restarted. Hunter,Restarted.

Maybe I wore myself out. But anytime I load up Skyrim I just cannot keep my attention on it for more than 10 minutes. And that is sad considering I played the holy living HELL out of Oblivion on both xbox AND pc.

Yeah it seems to have that effect.

Anyways, I rolled one of those badass, fist smashing vikings you see on youtube. Go up to a giant with a caster companion, thinking 'I got this,' just to see the giant one shot my companion, then he flies upward into the air.

"Shit," I utter, before being smacked in the same direction.

I love my bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Skyrim has the problem that it has so many interesting ways to play it. Once you start a new character, you will probably think "now how exactly will I play this time". This usually generates more than one idea. Those leftovers then float around in your mind all the time you play and suddenly "I want to play this way". It has become so normal reaction to me that I notice it. I might be running trough a town and suddenly...that feeling. Then I think "Oh, I suppose this ends here". I save and proceed to make new character. I actually didn't get lvl50 achievement until about a few days ago and I got something like 430h played. Way to make lasting characters is to give yourself a clear goal and not just "I want to play this kind of character". For example decide to "I want to collect all those masks!" "I want to find every shout!" "I want to do oblivion walker achiement!" (that is so easy to fail btw... ) . You just need a goal.

With a slight relation to that I think I need help in inventing new and interesting ways to play skyrim. Something weird that I don't get bored right away since I have done all achievements already. I recently played a rogue with skills centered around pickpocket, stealth, speech, lockpicking, illusion and conjuration (for summoning weapons only). No perks in other trees. Its actually quite efficient to sit in some corner with muffle+invisibility and watch while those frenzied enemies tear each other apart in some sort of mindless rage after you cast frenzy in middle of them. It was kind of cool, but right now I'm feeling like I want something new. Help me!

Maybe I go pick up that one daedric artifact that requires you to murder some people to power up and use only that weapon after acquiring it... maybe not... I think I did that at least partially at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Skyrim has the problem that it has so many interesting ways to play it. Once you start a new character, you will probably think "now how exactly will I play this time". This usually generates more than one idea. Those leftovers then float around in your mind all the time you play and suddenly "I want to play this way". It has become so normal reaction to me that I notice it. I might be running trough a town and suddenly...that feeling. Then I think "Oh, I suppose this ends here". I save and proceed to make new character. I actually didn't get lvl50 achievement until about a few days ago and I got something like 430h played. Way to make lasting characters is to give yourself a clear goal and not just "I want to play this kind of character". For example decide to "I want to collect all those masks!" "I want to find every shout!" "I want to do oblivion walker achiement!" (that is so easy to fail btw... ) . You just need a goal.

With a slight relation to that I think I need help in inventing new and interesting ways to play skyrim. Something weird that I don't get bored right away since I have done all achievements already. I recently played a rogue with skills centered around pickpocket, stealth, speech, lockpicking, illusion and conjuration (for summoning weapons only). No perks in other trees. Its actually quite efficient to sit in some corner with muffle+invisibility and watch while those frenzied enemies tear each other apart in some sort of mindless rage after you cast frenzy in middle of them. It was kind of cool, but right now I'm feeling like I want something new. Help me!
    ......Maybe I go pick up that one daedric artifact that requires you to murder some people to power up and use only that weapon after acquiring it... maybe not... I think I did that at least partially at some point.
    really ive got a level 81 and half and just started my second and third character havent even touched the dark brotherhood quest yet either.......but hey i have the patiences of a saint :l

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is on sale on steam for 40 bucks. HOORAY FOR STEAM!! YAY SKYRIM!!

I can now get this game on the pc where it truly belongs instead on the shitty consoles .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Skyrim is on sale on steam for 40 bucks. HOORAY FOR STEAM!! YAY SKYRIM!!

I can now get this game on the pc where it truly belongs instead on the shitty consoles .
    ya im getting this now, they had a 1 day sale for it a few months ago as well, but i missed it then. But um, is the strategy guide worth getting? because you can purchase the game and the guide for 10 bucks more.

I don't think so. You really don't need the 'strategy' guide to get anything at all. It isn't as if you can really miss anything if you are exploring.

I got it on a console because I prefer to sit my ass on the couch after staring at my pc for 9 hours at work each day, but I'm going to get it on Steam so I can get the developers kit and build some dungeons, I think.

And since you clearly have access to the Internet, you can look anything you want up. I feel like strategy guides are a dying commodity of video games.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-05-11 at 04:04 AM.

Deleted
    so not played Skyrim in a while, but any word on the first DLC for it? when is that suppose to release?

Went back recently to check out the community mods and god damn are they impressive

http://imgur.com/a/7DFrp#0

i have a blog dedicated to HDR skyrim screenshots, here/

I'm completely hooked again although I wish there was more content released via bethesda rather than the players.

Has the lag causing bug (caused by increasing save file size, I think) on the PS3 versions been fixed yet?
    Last edited by Jon; 2012-05-11 at 09:17 PM.

So I just beat skyrim this morning.

Rushed through the main story to just finish the damn game, Otherwise I never would have finished it XD.

I will not spoil anything.

But there is 1 thing I hate and 1 thing I love.

1. The ending. It ends like most elder scrolls games do. It just...ends. You beat the big bad guy and....you feel like nothing has really changed.

2. Sovengarde. THAT place...is fucking AWESOME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    ya im getting this now, they had a 1 day sale for it a few months ago as well, but i missed it then. But um, is the strategy guide worth getting? because you can purchase the game and the guide for 10 bucks more.
    I bought the digital strategy guide just for the hell of it shortly after the game came out. It's good to read when doing quest lines so that you will know the cause and effect of doing certain things, just in case you're trying to avoid certain outcomes or control your story progression. Same nice lore tidbits, etc. It's a nice little resource, but all the info could be attained online from various sources. Nice to have a lot of cool stuff in one spot though. Completely non-essential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    2. Sovengarde. THAT place...is fucking AWESOME.
    Sovngarde and that underground glowing cavern with the dwarf type ruins are amazing.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    that underground glowing cavern with the dwarf type ruins are amazing.
    God i hated that place. Must have been running about like a twat for a couple of hours trying to find the last crimson root thingy. At first it was all Aaaaa oooohhh wooow! Then must find root must find root must find root. I hate this fucking place!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    God i hated that place. Must have been running about like a twat for a couple of hours trying to find the last crimson root thingy. At first it was all Aaaaa oooohhh wooow! Then must find root must find root must find root. I hate this fucking place!
    Hehe... Yeah, I think I bailed on that quest. I skipped so much of the questing and still took such a long time to finish Skyrim. So much to do in that game. Anyone know of any good weapon mods? Its never sat well with me that the Skyforge Steel weapons looked exactly like the regular steel ones. Found one mod but don't like the look he went with.

Guys i need help! every time i start up skyrim, and i get to the options menu with the nice picture of Dovakhiin being badass on a cliff, i cant go on after that. When i press play it starts launching for half a second then it goes back to the menu! help please?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    The first thing to do, in my opinion, would be to remove whatever mods you've got installed and see if that fixes it. If that doesn't work then reinstall. Drastic, but probably the best chance of fixing whatever borked.

Tried that with the mods, didnt work.
    Then i decided to just reinstall. Currently about 20% done redownloading.
    Then i noticed my grapics driver was outdated ........
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ