1. #6621
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    8,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    So I started playing Skyrim again a little while back and I was curious, does anyone know of any particularly good creature/animal retexture packs or 2048~4096 texture packs worth recommending for them?
    Bellyache's Animal and Creature Pack comes to mind: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3621
    If you install with NMM you can customize just about everything, letting you choose between a number of textures. Bellyache also did a really good HD Dragon Texture/Mesh Replacer: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29631

  2. #6622
    Stood in the Fire raist474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A desert
    Posts
    390
    Oh, he's still powerful. Just because you have cheat codes to the universe doesn't mean you want to use them all the time. Because they have achieved CHIM, Talos and Vivec are at a level where they can reshape reality as they see fit with the same effort as thinking.

  3. #6623
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Bellyache's Animal and Creature Pack comes to mind: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3621
    If you install with NMM you can customize just about everything, letting you choose between a number of textures. Bellyache also did a really good HD Dragon Texture/Mesh Replacer: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29631
    Awesome, not sure why I couldn't find the Animal and Creature Pack first time around, it's exactly what I was looking for though, thanks.

  4. #6624
    Good mod that I'm guessing most PC players have already heard about: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...43&searchtext=

    Also, I've been wondering, why is it so rare to actually see Daedric princes? I mean, we're doing their bidding all the friggin' time and even head over to their hood from time to time.

    On a similar note, why don't the Aedra give us tasks? A quest like: Peryite's plague is almost ready to be spread, Kynareth would like you to wipe out his cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  5. #6625
    Yeah I always ask myself too why the Aedra never give us tasks like the Daedra do.

    You know maybe Kynareth wants us to do something directly or the other divines like Akatosh or Mara (we do quests for Mara in Skyrim but not directly for her).

    That would be amazing to have Daedra style quests with the Aedra too.

  6. #6626
    Mechagnome Khraine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Todmorden, UK
    Posts
    613
    The Aedra don't really interfere in the lives of mortals. Akatosh can be seen as an exception, heck its possible that the dragonborn is an avatar of Akatosh. We all remember the end of the main quest in oblivion where he used the last Septim to drink Dagon under the table.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

  7. #6627
    Is there any way to clean up a saved game or just import things like name, skills and completed quests? I think I messed it up with modding again (damn Skyre:P) unless I'm imagining it and drawing a weapon doesnt cause you to walk slowed cause Im pretty sure it did. I tried to uninstall all mods, and wait for 31 days already. Didn't really work.

    Also, is there a console command to remove stuff from crafting lists? I don't know what mod gave me the craft Harkon's sword option and finally, is there a way to fully resurrect NPCs? I know you can just select them and type resurrect but they act a bit iffy after that and disappear completely later.. and everyone still acts like they're dead.

  8. #6628
    Skyrim is amazing! Wish it kept my attention longer than a month though

  9. #6629
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Is there any way to clean up a saved game or just import things like name, skills and completed quests? I think I messed it up with modding again (damn Skyre:P) unless I'm imagining it and drawing a weapon doesnt cause you to walk slowed cause Im pretty sure it did. I tried to uninstall all mods, and wait for 31 days already. Didn't really work.
    This is a sad thing every mod user must deal with. Here is the cold, cruel fact:

    Bethesda does not recommend removing mods from saved games. As I mentioned before, scripted mods tend to embed themselves heavily into savegames, and there is no way to "get rid" of references to mods even after you remove them. Will this always cause problems? Not every time, but I'd say half the time. Too many mods and you up the chance that a missing references will cause all kinds of issues. The best way, and the most worry-free way to deal with mods, is to start a new game everytime you install and remove mods. Ideally, you should use one and only one set of unchanging mods for each character save that you have.

    Btw, slower movement while weapon is drawn is in the original game. There is a loading screen tooltip for that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Also, is there a console command to remove stuff from crafting lists? I don't know what mod gave me the craft Harkon's sword option and finally, is there a way to fully resurrect NPCs? I know you can just select them and type resurrect but they act a bit iffy after that and disappear completely later.. and everyone still acts like they're dead.
    I decided to remove Immersive Armor and Weapons even though I love them, because my crafting lists is ridiculously cluttered and I just glaze over the list to craft vanilla items anyway. In other words, no I don't know of a way. :P

    Have you tried disable/enable after you resurrect?

  10. #6630
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Is there a way to fully resurrect NPCs? I know you can just select them and type resurrect but they act a bit iffy after that and disappear completely later.. and everyone still acts like they're dead.
    Skyre has a resurrect spell in restoration
    Can only res each person once per day though.

  11. #6631
    Riding from high up in the mountains down towards Whiterun with the LOTR song that plays on the scene of them heading to Rohan = perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  12. #6632
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    This is more of a question for people who played the previous series and/or know TES lore better. What is your take on enchanting, specifically soul trap? I just read a book called "Tragedy in Black", a short story about a dremora who captured the soul of a young boy. Now I look at my paladin's 55 enchanting, and I'm wondering, is it an IC thing to do?

  13. #6633
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    This is a sad thing every mod user must deal with. Here is the cold, cruel fact:

    Bethesda does not recommend removing mods from saved games. As I mentioned before, scripted mods tend to embed themselves heavily into savegames, and there is no way to "get rid" of references to mods even after you remove them. Will this always cause problems? Not every time, but I'd say half the time. Too many mods and you up the chance that a missing references will cause all kinds of issues. The best way, and the most worry-free way to deal with mods, is to start a new game everytime you install and remove mods. Ideally, you should use one and only one set of unchanging mods for each character save that you have.

    Btw, slower movement while weapon is drawn is in the original game. There is a loading screen tooltip for that too.


    I decided to remove Immersive Armor and Weapons even though I love them, because my crafting lists is ridiculously cluttered and I just glaze over the list to craft vanilla items anyway. In other words, no I don't know of a way. :P

    Have you tried disable/enable after you resurrect?
    Even when updating? But to be honest, it's not even that. Skyre just causes these problems every once and a while. Maybe it's incompatible with another mod, even though I don't use anything else that changes move speeds other than realistic needs. Usually they are fixed when I take off the combat module, load the save, re-save it and then enable it again. I think I just have to use console on a new save then. Losing items isn't much of a problem but it's sort of my "RP" and "dead is dead" save (havent died:P) so it took a really really long time to do all those quests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Skyre has a resurrect spell in restoration
    Can only res each person once per day though.
    Doesn't work if I don't have the spell and have almost no skill in restoration:P Besides, the corpses are gone.. they were the stable keeper and hes son in Whiterun and the old lady who goes there and talks about good deeds of the day. They all got killed during a vampire attack by the dogs. Actually that's one of my biggest issues with Skyrim, named NPCs die too easily and aren't replaced. Horses, people, peasants etc. should just run away instead of going to rush into fights with dragons, vampires and bears.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    This is more of a question for people who played the previous series and/or know TES lore better. What is your take on enchanting, specifically soul trap? I just read a book called "Tragedy in Black", a short story about a dremora who captured the soul of a young boy. Now I look at my paladin's 55 enchanting, and I'm wondering, is it an IC thing to do?
    Why not? Capturing people/animal souls probably isn't but buying normal soul gems should be fine and also probably capturing daedra souls(they are immortal anyway so you just make them serve for a while till the item lasts). Besides, Azura is considered good and her artifact is a soul gem.

  14. #6634
    I believe that as long as you aren't using a black soulstone you're in character for your pally. The twisted part about your story is that 1. the target is humanoid (man or mer) and 2. he is a child. If you don't have a black soulstone then you can't absorb a humanoid soul and,by extension, a child's soul either.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  15. #6635
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,207
    I don't think it's a problem as long as you aren't using black soul gems. You are going to have to kill creatures, and you might as well use them to spread the light, so to speak.

  16. #6636
    So it's really a matter on whether your paladin is a friend to all living things or just mankind.

    MY paladin still has 5 enchanting.

  17. #6637
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    The Aedra don't really interfere in the lives of mortals. Akatosh can be seen as an exception, heck its possible that the dragonborn is an avatar of Akatosh. We all remember the end of the main quest in oblivion where he used the last Septim to drink Dagon under the table.
    Yeah, that's right. Daedra are bringers of "change" whereas Aedra represent a stable society. Daedra are often dangerous because they want to reshape the world in their image. It would be interesting to to do more in-depth quests for the Aedra though, if only so we got a better idea of who or what they are. They seem quite mysterious and absent, even though their power is in evidence in the games.

  18. #6638
    Titan Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    So it turns out my saves became corrupted because scripted mods did not uninstall properly (they almost never because of the way Bethesda allows scripts from mod to inject themselves into savegames - essentially making the mod essential to the saves). Getting real tired of redoing the FusRoDah line and the companion's questline. This must be my, what, 3rd time in 2 weeks? >.< Anyone has any idea for something different to try so I don't kill myself visiting the same places in the first 10 levels?

    Save a base file after that point. Use that save when you want to test out new mods. Never save over it and any time you want to start a new mod you can start from there.

  19. #6639
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Yeah, that's right. Daedra are bringers of "change" whereas Aedra represent a stable society. Daedra are often dangerous because they want to reshape the world in their image. It would be interesting to to do more in-depth quests for the Aedra though, if only so we got a better idea of who or what they are. They seem quite mysterious and absent, even though their power is in evidence in the games.
    What power? Well, with the exception of Akatosh and maybe a few others. I remember a quest from oblivion DLC where someone lifted you in the sky.. I think it was Aedra? At least some of them may even not be "real".. like Talos. How could they possibly know he ascended anywhere..

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 11:00 PM ----------

    After nearly 2 days of modding it from the scratch (first attempt ruined the game so I reinstalled it), I have to say it feels and looks amazing now!

    There are still a few minor details Im not 100% happy with but it sure looks and feels fantastic now. With over 200 mods installed, I actually got the frame rate to drop below 60 in cities as well. Not much but it says Ive reached the limit. 2 ENBs, over 400 NPCs (random and voiced), only 5 of them stand out for poor voice acting quality but I kind of like to play dice and it's minor anyway and the new inn noise makes it less noticeable. And some other minor things too. Im optimistic though, will probably get most of them out today.. /sigh. I never want to do this again:P

    There are some really amazing mods out there, including one where you can actually buy and make paintings and hang them up everywhere.

  20. #6640
    You have over 200 mods installed? wow. If I have more than a few I start to get CTD's all over the place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •