Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Cheers mate.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Cheers mate.
    Np. That specific wiki seems really spot on and it's the first place I go when I run into bugs.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Np. That specific wiki seems really spot on and it's the first place I go when I run into bugs.
    I'll keep that in mind, that site is among my bookmarks now.

10+ Year Old Account
    UESP is probably the oldest Elder Scrolls fansite; it's been active in some form or another since '95.

I can't recommend them enough!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to un-essential every NPC in Skyrim. I'm well aware it's going to destroy some quests, and I'm fine with that. Half the city being invincible is not fun at all. However, I haven't finished Dawnguard, and haven't started Dragonborn and the Dark Brotherhood yet. I was wondering if anyone can give me a list of NPCs that I probably don't want to kill if I want to finish those questlines (aside from the obvious ones like "everyone in Fort Dawnguard or the DB place"). I'd look up wikis and such, but spoilers.

For example, I know Olava the Feeble in Whiterun is involved somehow. I just need names, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    If you can use, and want Skyrim to look AWESOME use Kountervibe ENB by Kyokushinoyama.

Enb:
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30158/?

It's lore-friendly, it's awesome, it's... JUST LOOK!

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1374663336.jpg
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1374663374.jpg
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1374090317.jpg
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1373464002.jpg <- Comparasion to vanilla.
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1374863329.jpg
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1374863304.jpg

It's lore-friendly, it makes the game look a lot better, and a lot more realistic. It's not like many other Enb's that makes SKyrim look good just some places, but terrible other places. It makes Everything look good.
    I love that ENB alot, I really do, but I'm officially backlogged on Skyrim and I actually want to finish the entire game this time. I've pretty much 100% completed it on the 360 before Dawnguard came out, and once the DLCs started coming out, I went straight to the PC version, and I didn't even play them, just kept modding and modding, but now I want to finish it (Main story and guild factions and DLC). That ENB is great, but my Laptop gets around 30 fps with that ENB, which is pretty suprising for a laptop that I only spent 800 on, as it's one of the most demanding ENBs out there, and well worth it.

For actual gameplay though, I think I've finally found one good enough for me to come home to after work and not be like "eh..". Project MATSO ENB (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/254...%3D25451&pUp=1) I'm using the 4th DL, Kyo's Varitans, Color Immersive, as well as both optionals in the package, Performance and Letterbox. The letterbox felt weird on a small screen, but with a 27 inch i got about a month ago, it feels really really awesome. The color is perfect for me too, it's a fantasy game and well, I like to make it seem like I'm playing a fantasy game. The realistic and HDR enbs out there are pretty cool, but not for actual gameplay.

What I currently look like.
    http://imgur.com/a4hRV4t
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2013-08-01 at 07:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's horrible. Way too colourful.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    That's horrible. Way too colourful.
    I need it haha, otherwise everything on my screen is pitch black, or too bright. Still trying to find a near-perfect balance with ENB brightness, in-game brightness, and monitor brightness. Next-gen ENB and Hollywood ENB are close seconds, I'd just have to tweak them a little bit to make them just a bit brighter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I love that ENB alot, I really do, but I'm officially backlogged on Skyrim and I actually want to finish the entire game this time. I've pretty much 100% completed it on the 360 before Dawnguard came out, and once the DLCs started coming out, I went straight to the PC version, and I didn't even play them, just kept modding and modding, but now I want to finish it (Main story and guild factions and DLC). That ENB is great, but my Laptop gets around 30 fps with that ENB, which is pretty suprising for a laptop that I only spent 800 on, as it's one of the most demanding ENBs out there, and well worth it.

For actual gameplay though, I think I've finally found one good enough for me to come home to after work and not be like "eh..". Project MATSO ENB (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/254...%3D25451&pUp=1) I'm using the 4th DL, Kyo's Varitans, Color Immersive, as well as both optionals in the package, Performance and Letterbox. The letterbox felt weird on a small screen, but with a 27 inch i got about a month ago, it feels really really awesome. The color is perfect for me too, it's a fantasy game and well, I like to make it seem like I'm playing a fantasy game. The realistic and HDR enbs out there are pretty cool, but not for actual gameplay.

What I currently look like.
    http://imgur.com/a4hRV4t
    DUDE that is bloody amazing i LOVE IT. Too much focus on hyper realism...

Also what race is that? I use the Norial race myself(i ALWAYS go battle mage to that plus TK combat and the mystic knight animations equal badass)

I saw this in development on the Nexus forum. Real 3D cloud mod

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Cloud mod looks great
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    DUDE that is bloody amazing i LOVE IT. Too much focus on hyper realism...

Also what race is that? I use the Norial race myself(i ALWAYS go battle mage to that plus TK combat and the mystic knight animations equal badass)
    Using The Ningheim race with Eyes of Beauty mod, just picked green, and not a vampire but the pic sure does make me look like one ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Using The Ningheim race with Eyes of Beauty mod, just picked green, and not a vampire but the pic sure does make me look like one ><
    Yeah you should look into the http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24397//? pretty fun.

Skyrim mod advice

I bought the game a little over 2 weeks ago (Legendary edition). I started modding it as soon as I got it. Little did I know that modding wasn't as easy as I thought. I have since started to get better and better at it, but each time I did something major I had to start over (since I knew the game could bug out and whatnot and didn't want to waste time playing something that could break at any time), so I never got past like 25 or so.

Now, I figured I would take the time to make this as right and as bugless as I could, and I read a post which mentioned http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.6. I'm running the game on a laptop, particularly one with Radeon 5650 1GB DDR3 (the game ran flawlessly on all medium settings), 8 GB ram, i5 processor etc. Please tell me if undergoing this STEP project would be worth it - as in how much performance loss would I suffer. Are there any other similar projects out there? Also, modding - as I said - seems to be a tricky business. I'm afraid that if I try and use this STEP stuff, I will go wrong at one point (for example I have no goddamn clue what some of the notes on the wiki are trying to tell me, like wth is BCF Available (Baseline) and how do I install that said bcf?) and fuck up everything, resulting in A LOT of wasted time and me less anxious to play the game. Also, ENB. WAT IS? Thanks.
    Last edited by Legion; 2013-08-02 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I bought the game a little over 2 weeks ago (Legendary edition). I started modding it as soon as I got it. Little did I know that modding wasn't as easy as I thought. I have since started to get better and better at it, but each time I did something major I had to start over (since I knew the game could bug out and whatnot and didn't want to waste time playing something that could break at any time), so I never got past like 25 or so.

Now, I figured I would take the time to make this as right and as bugless as I could, and I read a post which mentioned http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.6. I'm running the game on a laptop, particularly one with Radeon 5650 1GB DDR3 (the game ran flawlessly on all medium settings), 8 GB ram, i5 processor etc. Please tell me if undergoing this STEP project would be worth it - as in how much performance loss would I suffer. Are there any other similar projects out there? Also, modding - as I said - seems to be a tricky business. I'm afraid that if I try and use this STEP stuff, I will go wrong at one point (for example I have no goddamn clue what some of the notes on the wiki are trying to tell me, like wth is BCF Available (Baseline) and how do I install that said bcf?) and fuck up everything, resulting in A LOT of wasted time and me less anxious to play the game. Also, ENB. WAT IS? Thanks.
    Can't speak for STEP since I didn't try it, but ENB is basicly an enhanced lighter which you inject into the skyrim.exe.

It can give marvelous lighting effects, blurs, dynamic lighting, sun shafts etc. etc.

I suggest adding one of those, they don't impact too much if you keep it simple.

Also, skyrim nexus has tons and tons of mods, just download their mod manager, it's similar to Curse Client.

You're in luck as popular Nexus/Youtube profile Gopher has jut recently started a new video series aimed completely at helping beginners with installing Skyrim mods.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...BVJfNCqvO5MmKP

I haven't watched them but in his other videos he is always extremly thorough with explaining how to do things.

So I just decided to get back into Skyrim and am doing a fresh install of everything and I have run into an interesting problem. For some reason the Nexus Mod Manager is showing the Fallout mod categories instead of the Skyrim mod categories. Every Skyrim mod I download gets sorted into the unassigned category (with a rare few that get put into clothes, follower, or official categories when they don't belong there).

Uhhh... What do? I have no idea what caused this as I don't even have either of the NMM supported Fallout games installed on my PC anymore. I suppose this won't really stop me from running the game, but it is bugging the hell out of me.

Derp edit: Nevermind. Complete uninstall and reinstall of NMM fixed it.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-08-02 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Soooo, question for you mage-type players out there.

My girlfriend's about to start playing Skyrim for the first time and I'm wrapping up the mods she needs to install to better enjoy the game. She plans on playing a magic-oriented character. Doesn't really know which schools she'll use, but as I know her it's probably gonna end up being destruction. Anyways, do you recommand any mod that specifically makes magic characters more interesting to play? I'm not too keen on installing big overhaul mods for her, since she hasn't yet had the vanilla Skyrim experience and I know she won't be looking for difficulty (probably gonna play on the lower difficulties anyway). But anything that makes it more fun to play is welcome. Any suggestions?

On a related note, I've been playing with ACE and I'm very tempted to switch over to SkyRE after seeing it in Gopher's videos (God is that guy awesome, btw). Do I risk destroying my save if I remove ACE and install SkyRE instead? Is there a safe way?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luks View Post
    *snip*
    Any of the major and most popular spell mods will make it more interesting. I also recommend installing a few robe mods as there's not a lot in the game that will make you look like a mage. Tribunal robes are a good place to start, as are a few others. It will provide something to work towards so that smithing feels more rewarding instead of being largely pointless.

Really that's all it takes to make the casting game amazing. I think it requires the least amount of mods to make better, whereas archers and melee really need a lot of mods to make the experience better.

That being said, I think once you have all the improved archery mods (locational damage, more realistic arrow speed/physics, etc.) that it's the most fun playstyle in the game. It's a little too easy, but that's sorta what would happen if you could sneak around and shoot people in the head with arrows.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    On a related note, I've been playing with ACE and I'm very tempted to switch over to SkyRE after seeing it in Gopher's videos (God is that guy awesome, btw). Do I risk destroying my save if I remove ACE and install SkyRE instead? Is there a safe way?
    Nope, not possible. You'll need to start an entirely new game for SkyRe. I still heartily recommend it however, fantastic mod.