10+ Year Old Account
    The game's broken up into:
    1.) The main story
    2.) "Guild" Side Quest Lines
    3.) Miscellaneous Quests
    4.) Exploration

You can really do whatever you want, whenever you want. Going to the city's inn and asking about rumors is a good way to point you in the direction of side quest lines or miscellaneous quests. Some cities will have the guild that features the quest line in them (The Companions in Whiterun or The College of Winterhold) while others you find out through completing other quests (The Dark Brotherhood).

Following the main quest is a good way to lead you through Skyrim so you can better learn what options you have in things you can do, and you can branch off from it any time. Nothing is ever really "needed" in the game, or at least not in a way that you can miss out on something just because you didn't talk to the one guy at the inn before fighting a dragon or something.

Let your curiosity run free. It's such a fun game to explore. :3
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Collect every bucket.

All of them.
    Tradewind you never cease to amaze me with your comedy. <3
    Hey everyone

I was half serious, I picked up every bucket I could find because there was so many and it was easy money early on.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I was half serious, I picked up every bucket I could find because there was so many and it was easy money early on.
    I only pick up things worth at least 10g per unit of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I only pick up things worth at least 10g per unit of weight.
    Yeah but that seems too anal retentive. I went full klepto. Steal all the things.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Also how much can i carry?
    Should i pick up everything i find?
    What should i not do? (attacked a chicken and 4 people tried too kill me /cry)
    What would be the "Best" weapon/armor to focus on?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html

Scroll down and look at the screenshots. This is what modding can get you.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I get skyui and enable the value/weight setting. I just pick up everything until I'm overburdened, and start dropping things at the bottom of the v/w list until I can run again.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Basically the game is about you doing what ever you want to do.

For me the first thing you should do, is MOD!!!

Well let's see... to start off, SKSE, and skyui.

Also... Apocalypse spells if you're going mage. It really helps make the houses nicely rounded and it's not game breaking.

Climates of Tamirel for more immersion, the lightning and weather is AWESOME.

Wet and cold

winter is coming

Frostfall

Realistic needs and diseases

unpb (seriously the women are horrible)

Schlongs of skyrim (just for the better bodies)

better males (faces again the originals are just ugly and blocky)

one of the aforementioned two also improves the feet so they look like they're normal and not weird blocks

left finger ring mod, or an unlimited ring mod (and limit yourself to at the maximum 8 i personally just use single left additional)

Alternate start when you are making your 2nd 3rd 4th character so you're not sitting around through the same old shit time and time again.

A quality world map! + roads are seriously needed

Better sorting is quite simple.

download the unofficial patches first thing

Race menu gives you much better control of customization.

Immersive patrols (adds patrols to the mostly empty roads)

Populated lands (adds more people and randoms to the empty streets)

Populated towns and villages and holds (adds people to the mostly empty towns i mean these are cities they need more people! I use the 50% option)

The two aforementioned mods can be found at erkeilmods.altervista.org and SOS at lovers lab. There is a lot you can do with sex and such but I don't have those mods I just wanted a better body lol.

Now for all this, it's mostly found at skyrim.nexusmods.com and you need to download the mod manager.

For me all these mods are essential, especially sorting, skyui, skse.

Also you want the memory fix which is just 2 simple files you add to your main folder so your game doesn't crash, skyrim as it is has such a low memory cap. That can be found here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

10+ Year Old Account
    Start where ever the hell you feel like it. And do what ever the hell you feel like. That is what Elder scrolls games are all about. It is up to you where and what you want to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    -snip-[/url]
    Don't do this. Just play the game for a while first before you change it all with mods.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Start where ever the hell you feel like it. And do what ever the hell you feel like. That is what Elder scrolls games are all about. It is up to you where and what you want to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't do this. Just play the game for a while first before you change it all with mods.
    The majority of the mods I mentioned don't change game play, they're mostly immersion mods which makes the game much more authentic. Also skyui is a must, the default menu is just shitty, the default world map is crappy (not shitty but it is crappy). The default textures are just shit I couldn't play with that for more than 2 days b4 I had to do something about it.

The patches are things you should absolutely get, and the ssme memory fix is aswell to cut down on the chances of crashes when you end up in an area that exceeds 256mb in one block.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Your first stop is here, also what kind of computer you got? Next 2 steps are to sub to Gophervids Brodual and gamespot because they all cover mods
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I second what Airwaves said - I would play the game first before you mod the hell out it. Even without mods its a great looking game.

snip
    and where do i find all that? just google it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of the mods I mentioned don't change game play, they're mostly immersion mods which makes the game much more authentic. Also skyui is a must, the default menu is just shitty, the default world map is crappy (not shitty but it is crappy). The default textures are just shit I couldn't play with that for more than 2 days b4 I had to do something about it.

The patches are things you should absolutely get, and the ssme memory fix is aswell to cut down on the chances of crashes when you end up in an area that exceeds 256mb in one block.
    The guy is talking about what he should do about gameplay. He said nothing about mods. Leave off it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Your first stop is here, also what kind of computer you got? Next 2 steps are to sub to Gophervids Brodual and gamespot because they all cover mods
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/
    Processor
    Manufacturer Intel, Haswell
    Processor type Core i7, 4770K
    Processor coolers Corsair H80, water cooling + 1pc Corsair fan 120 mm
    Number of cores 4th
    Speed 2.2 GHz, 8 MB Cache
    Graphics Card
    Manufacturer Nvidia
    GPU-type GeForce GTX 780
    Speed 876 MHz
    Memory 3 GB GDDR5
    Hard Drive
    Primary drive (boot disk) 250 GB, SSD Samsung 840 series
    Secondary disk (storage) 3000 GB, 7200 RPM, 64 MB Cache
    Connect SATA 6.0 Gbit/s
    Memory
    Internal memory size of 16 GB, 2x8192MB
    Memory type DDR3 1600 MHz, Corsair VENGEANCE LP RED
    Available memory slots 2
    Maximum memory size of 32 GB
    Optical drive Yes, DVD±RW Dual Layer, SATA
    Motherboard MSI Z87-S02, SLI support
    Sound card Realtek ALC892, 7.1.
    Cabinet Taurus HAF Miditower
    Power supply 700W, BeQuiet Force
    Benchmarks
    3DMark Vantage 38046 points, Performance
    3DMark 11 11635 points, Performance

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Without mods there is nothing you can do about the gameplay besides ini tweaks to arrows which hardly do anything at all
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

The guy is talking about what he should do about gameplay. He said nothing about mods. Leave off it.
    Several people mentioned mods and he seems interested in it as well, why don't you leave off it?

Memory fixes, better map, better menus, and patches to fix the glitches they haven't are essential, your game will run sure, but you'll have a better time with a few mods.

well i want the game to be as pretty as possible, if mods enhance grathics then i'm all for them :>