I just loved killing all those roman outfitted fuckers in the cold skyrim. Seriously, that's an offense enough to kill every one of them. Thou I agree, Tullius is such a great character, just as Ulfric, shame one has to die.

Ulfric's voice brainwashed me to serve the stormcloaks. Who's the voice actor for him?

Also, who voice acted Karliah? I loved her voice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Ulfric's voice brainwashed me to serve the stormcloaks. Who's the voice actor for him?
    Vladimir Kullich, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went Stormcloaks because I play a Nord and to me... running around Solitude just doesn't feel like Skyrim. It feels like if the Empire was at the head of it, it would be a different world. And I like Skyrim as Nordic as possible.

Anyway, I don't like Ulfric especially; I dislike the new Yarl of Windhelm... but yeah; I miss general Tullius and so on and so forth.

I'll probably make an Imperial and try the other side of the conflict too :P

Ulfric is kind of an annoying kind of character, while Tullius seemed reasonable and intelligent.

This game has been truly awesome so far though; it takes all the good things about Oblivion and builds on them, while also adding new things. I was a /little/ disappointed by the textures they used on large bodies of rock... some of these things in general look really awesome from far away but look really bad from up close. It's a beautiful world though, there's no denying it
    Last edited by Berri; 2011-11-23 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Vladimir Kullich, I think.
    Indeed: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0474520/

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Lol'd my ass off, what a dumbass LOL
    I knew it was a good idea not to take her...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Great Skyrim mod right here.

Indeed, i couldn't get enough of Karliah's voice.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Is there an easier way to level alchemy? This just doesn't seem right...It took me 30-40 potions to go from 25-26 o.O;

Actually I think my skills are broken..I was able to level illusion from 15->100 spamming Muffle. Now I'm trying to do the same thing with Alteration and Conjuration but the skill is frozen..It's not moving at all no matter what I do. Does summoning/creating light not level it?
    The more expensive the potion you create the more skill you gain. So far the best potion I found out is Giant's Toe+Wheat+anything with Fortify Carry Weight. It has 1700 value and I gain a level of alchemy every 2 crafts - and currently I'm at 75. That one's the best, but not the only one good. Some effects are worth more than others, but Slow, Paralyse, Damage Magicka/Health/Stamina Regen, Fortify Magicka/Health/Stamina Regen, Fortify Carry Weight and most skill fortifies excel and are usually worth the most. On the contrary, simple Restore Magicka/Health/Stamina and Damage Magicka/Health/Stamina are pretty much worthless. Just randomly craft pots with as many expensive effects at once as possible and the skill goes up very quickly. :3

As for the magic skills - just spamming summon/whatever will not level it. It has to be done in an appropriate situation - combat, stealthing around etc. If I may ask, why the hell would you spend hours spamming one button to get that skill up if it will go up naturally if you just use it in fighting? Oo
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2011-11-23 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    As for the magic skills - just spamming summon/whatever will not level it. It has to be done in an appropriate situation - combat, stealthing around etc. If I may ask, why the hell would you spend hours spamming one button to get that skill up if it will go up naturally if you just use it in fighting? Oo
    Because in Oblivion I liked going out into the world, just after the sewers, with 100 Alteration, Mysticism, Illusion and Conjuration.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I, for the life of me, cannot understand why ANYONE would side with the Imperials. At the start of the game, they TRIED TO CUT OFF YOUR FUCKING HEAD!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Because in Oblivion I liked going out into the world, just after the sewers, with 100 Alteration, Mysticism, Illusion and Conjuration.
    It still sounds TERRIBLY boring to spend an extremely long time repeatedly pressing one button to level up - especially in a single player game where you can't show off to anyone and that will scale itself to your level anyway. And if you really would want to cheat that much just use the console... Just as cheaty, much less annoying. ;P

Because using it in battle would take me an abnormally long time to level it anyway, and I can watch a movie/read a manga while I'm spamming one button. My one-handed and Light Armor is only 85, and I've been using both of those since I started my character. I'm now level 56.

I got 100 Alteration by spamming Stoneflesh up a cliff from some Walrus's that could never get to me, and that got me from 19-100 in about a half an hour. Just spammed Soul Trap until I hit 75 in Conjuration. I basically just wanted some quick levels to flesh out my character. I'm basically "done" now, unless I want to put some perks in Alchemy..

I kind of wanted to level Alchemy, before I got 330 damage Daedric Swords with 50 damage enchants on them. I don't really see the need for poisons anymore... <_> I didn't really do anything special to get them that high either.

Random thought occurred to me this morning: Skyrim levels with you, but does it base that scaling on your skills or actual level?

You can continue to level skills once you have capped your current level without having to 'level up'. So could you feasably be lvl 5 in full daedric armor/weapons etc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Random thought occurred to me this morning: Skyrim levels with you, but does it base that scaling on your skills or actual level?

You can continue to level skills once you have capped your current level without having to 'level up'. So could you feasably be lvl 5 in full daedric armor/weapons etc?
    You level up even if you don't spend the skill point/increase stat.

No, you couldn't, because to get Perks, you actually have to level up. If you wanted full Deadric, you'd need to be high enough of a level to get the perks.

Actually, you COULD be lvl 5 in full Daedric, but you'd have to be level 6 to be able to improve magical stuff as well.

Hmm.

I guess your right.

Edit : As of Caines post, guess your not, and thus by extension, through my admission of your rightness, neither am i.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Also, I'm trying to see how I can level up smithing and enchanting.
    For smithing make Leather Bracers. 1 Leather, 2 strips, same amount of skill up as you get making anything else. Enchant them with stuff, vendor, buy more leather, make more bracers, etc. Pretty easy to power level smithing that way.

Its too late for this now, but you can "technically" refund your talent points using the command console if you want to give that first character a shot again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    For smithing make Leather Bracers. 1 Leather, 2 strips, same amount of skill up as you get making anything else. Enchant them with stuff, vendor, buy more leather, make more bracers, etc. Pretty easy to power level smithing that way.
    Leather Bracers work, but Iron Daggers is way better. One Iron Ingot, 1 Leather Strip, and same as anything else. Can power level smithing so so fast like that. You can even make a pretty good profit (assuming you've been to several cities) by using petty soul gems to enchant your Iron Daggers with someshity shitty like turn undead, and i think they sell for more then enchanted Leather Bracers.

I find that Iron Daggers make for better levelling then Leather Bracers. Also, you can buy a ton of iron off blacksmith vendors dirt-cheap.

Does anyone else feel that the Thieves Guild In Oblivion had a better quest line? I didn't feel that the Thieves Guild In Skyrim wasn't all that epic or rewarding.

At least you got the skeleton key to keep when you finished the Thieves Guild quest line In Oblivion.
    SPOLIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In Oblivion you got boots that made you jump higher, an awesome mask, and the skeleton key.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-23 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You level up even if you don't spend the skill point/increase stat.
    Awww that's too bad! lol