Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's always been like that. You have to understand, that they let you do what you want in Elder Scrolls, and that applies to game mechanics as well. If you want to be a god on master mode, then you can be a god. Maxing out a character in an Elder Scrolls game is a choice, not a requirement. They make the challenges, if you want to make yourself more powerful than the challenges, that's your own fault.

In Morrowind, with absolutely NO exploits, you could reach virtually infinite damage, like oh say, 100 billion strength if you wanted. And max level was over 75000. To use your wow analogy, it would be like if Blizzard only made raids for level 60. And hardmodes were designed to be challenging at level 60. But then Blizzard lets you grind to level up all the way to 10000. Someone spends their whole life getting to 10000, they then bitch at Blizzard when they're one shotting bosses. It's just not how the game was designed to be played.

The game is designed for significantly weaker characters so that people that want to can become godlike. Honestly, I wish they'd bring back the Morrowind infinite levels of power, just to make it painfully obvious that the option to out-power the challenges is intended.
    Yea but I'm still saying stuff should at least scale slower. I understand that if you use the alchemy-enchanting loop to get nearly infinitely strong gear it's your own fault but last playthrough I played it normally and was 2 shoting things on master by the time I hit level 30 on master with ebony sword, 60 smithing (which I buffed with selfmade potions) and some fortify one handed gear I found and picked up from merchants. I think I had roughly 180 or so damage per hit with it without even trying.

I think no cap is great but you should remain relatively squishy at least till 50-60 so have time to finish the main quest and some others before being a god.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea but I'm still saying stuff should at least scale slower. I understand that if you use the alchemy-enchanting loop to get nearly infinitely strong gear it's your own fault but last playthrough I played it normally and was 2 shoting things on master by the time I hit level 30 on master with ebony sword, 60 smithing (which I buffed with selfmade potions) and some fortify one handed gear I found and picked up from merchants. I think I had roughly 180 or so damage per hit with it without even trying.

I think no cap is great but you should remain relatively squishy at least till 50-60 so have time to finish the main quest and some others before being a god.
    Well, with that much smithing, your ebony sword is more damage than a daedric sword. You're using Skyrim's method of becoming god, in Morrowind it was just pure alchemy. In Morrowind, you could reach infinite levels of strength literally five minutes after starting the game if you knew what to do.

Alchemy + Smithing = Skyrim's godmode. I think it scales exactly like it needs to. And 60 Smithing + potions is likely over 100 Smithing. If the game was challenging for your character, it wouldn't be possible for players that don't try to turn their characters into overpowered walking gods.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    You people want more challenge? Master start to finish, no perk, no stats, no deliberately level up skills, lvl 1, no follower, no upgrading weapon/armor, stop bitching and go play.
    NU+PAIN run go go go!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what you are saying is it's either god mode or a weaker character.... I can't use smithing or enchanting or I become a god... that makes absolutely no sense to me. I guess it's too much to ask to use my dragonscale armor without being super OP.

10+ Year Old Account

Help for Sneak Assasin requested

Hi guys,

i bought Skyrim and played it for about 90 hours with a Full mage charakter duallcasting Destructions. I had some hardtimes but mostly all went smoothly.

after said 90 hours i got bored and watched a Viode of a assasinchar Onehitting amost everything with Daggersneakattacks. So i restarted and skilled a Sneakchar maxed sneak to 100.

But i have very hardtimes now. Most trash is piece of cake and i can onehit quite easy with shadowwarrior but the stronger ones like Bandit Maraudeurs or the Dragonborn Draug undead (those who shout) hit like a train and i do almost no damage against them. some of the bandits with 2handers onehit me when they see me so i pumped my HP (around 300 hp now) with each levelup but it doesnt seem to help much. Most of those Stronger foes kill me with 2 Hits. I am lvl 30 btw.

I just dont know what i do wrong. I got light armor at 70 or so, purchased 3 perks in the first talent und skilled up to the Stamina recovery but Still they hit like trains.
    I seem to do very low damage against them. even if i do a sneakattack with 15x Daggerdamage its only a tiny bit of their HP. (i use a Dwarfendagger with Lightningenchantment)+ Poison. So is this bugged or so? Does those bastards have that much HP? Does Onehandlevel scale with daggersneakattacks? My onehandskill is around 50 or so i think. Is it possible to do a double Sneakattack with daggers when i skill the right branch in the onehand tree with dualwield?

What am i doing wrong? I didnt know that i had that easy time with my mage....
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-12-22 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Hi guys,

i bought Skyrim and played it for about 90 with a Full mage charakter duallcasting Destructions. I had some hardtimes but mostly all went smoothly.

after said 90 hours i got bored and watched a Viode of a assasinchar Onehitting amost everything with Daggersneakattacks. So i restarted and skilled a Sneakchar maxed sneak to 100.

But i have very hardtimes now. Most trash is piece of cake and i can onehit quite easy with shadowwarrior but the stronger ones like Bandit Maraudeurs or the Dragonborn Draug undead (those who shout) hit like a train and i do almost no damage against them. some of the bandits with 2handers onehit me when they see me so i pumped my HP (around 300 hp now) with each levelup but it doesnt seem to help much. Most of those Stronger foes kill me with 2 Hits. I am lvl 30 btw.

I just dont know what i do wrong. I got light armor at 70 or so, purchased 3 perks in the first talent und skilled up to the Stamina recovery but Still they hit like trains.
    I seem to do very low damage against them. even if i do a sneakattack with 15x Daggerdamage its only a tiny bit of their HP. (i use a Dwarfendagger with Lightningenchantment)+ Poison. So is this bugged or so? Does those bastards have that much HP? Does Onehanders scale with daggersneakattacks? My onehandskill is around 50 or so i think.

Have you put any perks in one handed? I'd recommend the damage perk and the dual wielding perks. Also, you may wanna look up some ways to get some special daggers, or maybe level up smithing. Just don't pair it with enchanting, because like I said before it kinda breaks the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    So, what you are saying is it's either god mode or a weaker character.... I can't use smithing or enchanting or I become a god... that makes absolutely no sense to me. I guess it's too much to ask to use my dragonscale armor without being super OP.
    I never thought armor itself was super OP. Armor caps at 80% damage reduction at 567 armor. What's actually OP is the scaling on weapons, and double enchants on armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Laurcus true.

If you are going to do smithing and enchanting I'd only do 1 enchant per item and no +weapon damage. That's the main OP thing is the weapon damage.

People need to realise that the difficulty is meant to fade away, I played through most of skyrim, main story line, all major factions, daedra quests and notable misc quests and I got to level 69 without ever making it my goal to level. Ofcourse I played a lot and I was rewarded, if I want I can oneshot craptons of stuff but I choose not to.

Thing is If you play a game to the extend that I did and foes still deal as much damage (relative to my level) it wouldn't make sence.

Compare Skyrim to 1st-3rd gen Pokemon. You could get a team of 6 lvl 100 Pokemon, infinite hp up, elixir,... and full health potions nothing can beat you in the end. You can defeat the elite four+1 with one Pokemon IF you want to.

Also stop talking about Oblivion, you can't compare them. If you want to compare TES games start with Morrowind

And on that note, Morrowind is practicly free and there's some amasing work being done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCEc7SA0rWY if you want to get the experience.

@ Laurcus true.

If you are going to do smithing and enchanting I'd only do 1 enchant per item and no +weapon damage. That's the main OP thing is the weapon damage.
    Yeah, without smithing, the most powerful weapon in the game is a daedric warhammer, with 76 damage, and that's fully perked with 100 skill. 1 Handed longswords with 150+ damage is clearly not the way the game was meant to be played. That being said, I enjoy my 378 damage daedric longsword. If I crit on a forward power attack while berserked I do around 4000 damage. ^_^
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-12-22 at 03:09 AM.

Honestly they really messed up with the Blacksmithing Improving but more with the Enchanting. Now people have to feel like they have all the bonuses to get the most out of their gear. I.e.

5 pieces of plus enchanting gear check
    5 grand soul gems check
    An enchanting potion check

Now I have 30 secs to select every enchant for my gear!

Later on the road this person might level their enchanting up, find better enchanting bonus gear, or find a better enchanting potion and then they feel like their gear could of been better, and look to find more dragons to make more improved dragon armor and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW Laurcus... I've looked at your signature like 10 times... it blows my mind EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

BTW Laurcus... I've looked at your signature like 10 times... it blows my mind EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    Thank you. ^_^ I spent WAY too much time on that. Fun fact, 32 Octosexagintillion is more atoms than have ever existed in the universe, as well as more seconds than have passed since the Big Bang. Also, I originally worked out that mathematical formula because someone told me that Pre Crisis Superman could beat any version of Goku. Even though Superman has been shown to be unable to lift 13 septillion pounds.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-12-22 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Later on the road this person might level their enchanting up, find better enchanting bonus gear, or find a better enchanting potion and then they feel like their gear could of been better, and look to find more dragons to make more improved dragon armor and try again.
    Isn't that good though?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Isn't that good though?
    It would be if you could just slap on a new enchant on your gear and replace the old ones like when you improve gear with a higher blacksmithing skill. But for enchanting you have to get a entire new set and improve it all before enchanting it again just to feel like you gear isn't obsolete.

Deleted
    Hi guys,

i bought Skyrim and played it for about 90 hours with a Full mage charakter duallcasting Destructions. I had some hardtimes but mostly all went smoothly.

I seem to do very low damage against them. even if i do a sneakattack with 15x Daggerdamage its only a tiny bit of their HP. (i use a Dwarfendagger with Lightningenchantment)+ Poison. So is this bugged or so? Does those bastards have that much HP? Does Onehandlevel scale with daggersneakattacks? My onehandskill is around 50 or so i think. Is it possible to do a double Sneakattack with daggers when i skill the right branch in the onehand tree with dualwield?

Do you have points in one handed damage? And more importantly, are you using power attack to kill them. I remember as assassin, at first I had to equip 2 daggers, sneak up to them and do the 2 handed combo attack by pressing both mouse buttons:P That pretty much took almost anything out.

Hi guys,

You may want to check your difficulty, but i can say if your facing Draugr Deathlords with ebony bows.....they deal a shit ton of damage. Im sitting at 500hp, with almost capped armor and they still 2 shot me. Not sure about the bandits though, they've never given me too many problems, though i do remember having to kite and heal quite a bit in the lower levels against them while using light armor.

Deleted
    Hmm, just found out that you can use a fork as a weapon:P It's really weak but still.. killing dragons with a fork should be kind of epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Hmm, just found out that you can use a fork as a weapon:P It's really weak but still.. killing dragons with a fork should be kind of epic.
    Wait what?! You can use a fork! ...The fork of truth here I come

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Wait what?! You can use a fork! ...The fork of truth here I come
    Yes:P I picked up some random junk from my Riften house and when I was selling them to get rid of the extra weight, I noticed the fork being under "weapons". So I didn't sell it, tried to equip it and it actually worked, could attack with it and everything. Oddly enough though it had all sorts of slashing animations instead of stabbing, which you would probably expect from a fork:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... but not a spoon??