You can't just compare everything to the end result and say its useless now. You have to look at getting to that Godly state. I.E sure half magic cost perks are going to be useless when you have the 100% reduced cost. But leveling up without that gear actually doubles the amount of spells you can cast, which you might need.

Hello everyone! Some of you may have seen some of my PvP videos or silly, WoW-related (attempts at) rap songs, but today... sh*t just got real. I just went so hard on the mic, and I've come here to share my swag with the community :3

as i was doing the thieves guild chain and a character threatened to send a certain organization to kill me, an organization that i happened to be the leader of, i got to thinking:

what if you, as the listener, piss off people to the point that they black sacrament you? would the you get instructions to kill yourself? if you did and you didn't, what would happen? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandoggg View Post
    as i was doing the thieves guild chain and a character threatened to send a certain organization to kill me, an organization that i happened to be the leader of, i got to thinking:

what if you, as the listener, piss off people to the point that they black sacrament you? would the you get instructions to kill yourself? if you did and you didn't, what would happen? lol.
    I believe the Night Mother chooses which Black Sacraments to accept.

Just wondering, are there any other companions you can get beside Lydia? I'm fine with using her as an occasional meat-shield but I'd like to outfit other characters as well since Lydia currently has the best gear I can currently produce/get. Haven't finished the whole Companions quest-line yet so I don't know if that unlocks any.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Just wondering, are there any other companions you can get beside Lydia? I'm fine with using her as an occasional meat-shield but I'd like to outfit other characters as well since Lydia currently has the best gear I can currently produce/get. Haven't finished the whole Companions quest-line yet so I don't know if that unlocks any.
    There are a TON of potential followers. Each faction will unlock several, and many side quests and favors unlock followers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    There are a TON of potential followers. Each faction will unlock several, and many side quests and favors unlock followers as well.
    Do you have any examples without spoiling too much?

I just bought a house in Riften. But I can't be a thane because the Jarl is not giving me the option even though she asked me to buy a house to be thane, just like every other city. A bug. I can't buy a house in Solitude and Markarth because the stewards aren't giving me the option to do so. Very annoying bugs, both of these. I was waiting to make enough gold so I can't buy the house with decorations and when I have enough gold I can't buy them

A few funny things happen in the game.

1) My horse tanked a blood dragon. And owned it.

2) I went to one of those high places where dragons usually live. I was fighting this blood dragon. After a few seconds when it had like 50% health left. It came down towards me with all it's rage. Then I saw it "slide" past me, went and hit one of the pillars. Took a few seconds to get up. I had no idea what the hell happened. Then I finally realized that the dragon ACTUALLY SLIPPED!! He had his head down into the ground slipping past me having no control to stop itself, getting up slowly while I smacked it's ass with my Dwarven axe. The pillar stopped it's slipping momentum. I couldn't stop laughing. Did this happen with anyone else?

3) I'm level 37 ATM, and I think the your level has something to do with how strong of a dragon you will face. So I was walking by to some dungeon. When I saw an elder dragon fighting two giants. The elder dragon owned the giants. And it lost like 20% health because I was bowing him and my companion doing his sith like shocks (I have the mercenary from Riften, one of the best companions). Then the dragon turned it's attention towards me. It's fire breath almost killed me, but I used potions. Then it bite me twice in quick succession and I died. This was with me wearing close too 400 armor gear.

4) The guards in Markarth know about what I did. They say "wait... I know you" and "in the name of the Jarl, I order you to stand fast". But they never arrest me. Is this a bug or it's a way to show how helpless the guards really are in Markarth. They know the criminal but can't do anything because of the corruption.

I have fought a dragon in Markarth, Riften, Winterhold, Whiterun. Fighting a dragon in a city has it's own epicness.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 06:24 PM ----------

There are mercenaries in every city. There is this lady who sits in the inn in whiterun. She asks for 500 gold for her to protect you. One of the best companions. There is a guy in Riften. He is a mage. Really good.

Most of the mercenaries are awesome.

Rest I tell you, it will be major spoilers. But you will get a lot companions. You won't like all of them though. As some are really weak. There is a certain companion I got, she was so shit, when she died fighting a dragon, I Fus Do Rahed her naked body 10+ times and dragged her around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Hey guys, just wondering. What are the best weapon/apparel enchants for a warrior?

I use heavy armor, and two handed weapons btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mjoll the Lioness in Riften can be your companion if you do a quest for her... she was my companion of choice, but she talked too much >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering. What are the best weapon/apparel enchants for a warrior?

I use heavy armor, and two handed weapons btw.
    Go for 85% magic resistance, two handed weapon damage, fortify health, and health regeneration. Anything that can't be enchanted with those comes down to personal preference. Keep in mind fortify heavy armor enchants aren't good, because armor cap is 567, which is very easy to reach with properly upgraded gear.

For weapons enchants, go for absorb health, and some kind of elemental damage, or paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    There are mercenaries in every city. There is this lady who sits in the inn in whiterun. She asks for 500 gold for her to protect you. One of the best companions. There is a guy in Riften. He is a mage. Really good.

Most of the mercenaries are awesome.

Rest I tell you, it will be major spoilers. But you will get a lot companions. You won't like all of them though. As some are really weak. There is a certain companion I got, she was so shit, when she died fighting a dragon, I Fus Do Rahed her naked body 10+ times and dragged her around.
    But do you have to re-hire those mercenaries all the time? I don't like it when I drag someone along with me that's just there for the money. I want a real companion, a team member. Not a hired gun.

But do you have to re-hire those mercenaries all the time? I don't like it when I drag someone along with me that's just there for the money. I want a real companion, a team member. Not a hired gun.
    Every faction gives followers. For the companions, you get several followers, such as Farkas, Vilkas, and Aela. Dark Brotherhood will give you apprentice assassins, as well as certain NPCs that you meet during the quests. Literally every faction gives followers.

So haven't been playing too long, but I love this game. Something very very odd happened last night while I was playing.

I'm playing through as a Stormcloak and I decided "Damn I love Windhelm, I gotta get a house here." I buy the house, all the furnishings and get the key and I recognize the name of the house right away. So okay, the bastards sold me the Butcher's old house.. at least it's covered in nice furnishin-- Huh. I guess they forgot to mop up the blood over here.. and there... and JESUS the entire room where the Butcher slices and dices his victims is still intact.

I'm thoroughly creeped out. I try to arrange my armory nicely and admire the decorations, but I simply cannot sleep in it. It's terrifying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgles View Post
    So haven't been playing too long, but I love this game. Something very very odd happened last night while I was playing.

I'm playing through as a Stormcloak and I decided "Damn I love Windhelm, I gotta get a house here." I buy the house, all the furnishings and get the key and I recognize the name of the house right away. So okay, the bastards sold me the Butcher's old house.. at least it's covered in nice furnishin-- Huh. I guess they forgot to mop up the blood over here.. and there... and JESUS the entire room where the Butcher slices and dices his victims is still intact.

I'm thoroughly creeped out. I try to arrange my armory nicely and admire the decorations, but I simply cannot sleep in it. It's terrifying.
    You can clean that up though but there's a bug. You need to solve the murder quest first, then buy the cleanup as the first thing as something (might be living room) will remove the option and you're stuck with the mess.

At first I didn't see any bugs that affected my game play in Skyrim, but the more I do the more the bugs actually start to get annoying. I play on the xbox, so theres no way to get around them, just a few off the top of my head.

- Not getting the next Thieves guild quest after Loud and Clear (entire Thieves guild quest line lost)
    - Jarl of Riften isn't letting me become Thane (lost out on Housecarl)
    - Cant start the murder in Windhelm quest (loss out on House)
    - Killing Paarthanex quest isn't showing up, not like I'd do it
    - Disappearing Items or not being able to use weapon racks in homes.
    - Not being able to drop certain quests items from my bags (amulet of talos and all the items from the Bard's guild, for example, and they have weight)
    - Every Guard I've meet has somehow has taken an arrow in the knee.

But I can't forget the good bugs.

- Oghma Infinium, bookshelf glitch, for an easy 100 stats in everything at the start of the game.
    - Fotitfy Restoration potions for inlimitedly strong gear
    - The Alchemy vendor in Solitude can be invested with an unlimited amount of time. However, she does not contact her suppliers to double her supply like she claims she will. (lying b****)
    - The Blocking Perk the slows combat during an enemy power attacks sometimes lasts forever, showing Skyrim is super slow motion. (It will take 10 secs to open a door and have the loading screen come up)

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

List of followers, doesnt spoil much I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

List of followers, doesnt spoil much I think.
    Thanks a lot!

@shop ebay

I had the housecarl thing aswell in some towns, turns out I had to finish the Imperial/Stormcloak questline first (it might have been the mainstoryline but I doubt it since the effect of that on towns is close to 0) (windhelm and riften didn't give housecarls at first) for the option to become clear ofcourse helping X citizens was already done so I didn't lose a lot of time.

I want the darn construction set to be out, Gief lvl 50bandits, 80dragons and so on