1. #6401
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Hahaha that quest. Barbas the stereotypical east-coast jewish dog. Amazing quest.
    I hated that quest as a stealth, permadeath character:P That dog just ran and pulled everything and almost got me killed.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 01:15 AM ----------

    Can any RP "nerds" (sorry:P) give me some good advice what to do with Dark Brotherhood? I already decided to go with the antihero route. There are just so many evil quests. Start out as a pacifist pickpocket and a thief, trying to scrape by, then become a vampire at some point, go arrgh, do the Dawnguard questline and most of the evil quests, have a breakthrough at some point and become a antihero who doesnt just kill people and so on.

    So joining DB basically fits, destroying also fits but I'd rather join them.. but I can't figure out what to do with them after becoming "good" again. Obviously I can stop murdering people for them but I cant leave them or get rid of that "insanity" where the corpse whispers to me. Being a leader of a bunch of murderers and having some secret torture chamber for extorting money doesn't exactly fit a good character or even an anti-hero.

    So is there any other way to deal with it other than just killing Astrid and missing out on the quests? Even if you just stopped visiting them, I don't think they would just accept a "Im out, bye, it's been fun" note from a listener. I want a perfect playthrough and complete as much of the game as possible so that would feel unfinished or start to bother me.

  2. #6402
    Quick question people, is it possible to betray Ulfric after finishing the stormcloaks quests?
    I ended up by siding with the dude since the empire tried to bloody murder me at game start, but damn, he is such an asshole too =/

  3. #6403
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Quick question people, is it possible to betray Ulfric after finishing the stormcloaks quests?
    I ended up by siding with the dude since the empire tried to bloody murder me at game start, but damn, he is such an asshole too =/
    I don't think so. The only chance you get to kill him is when you confront him in the final siege.

  4. #6404
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I don't think so. The only chance you get to kill him is when you confront him in the final siege.
    IF i side with t he empire? Right?

    Because the plan was, help ulfric to become high king, kill ulfric proving that you are stronger, become high king!
    But the bloody bugger uses god mode, son of a bish =(

  5. #6405
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,207
    Yes, forgot to mention that. Only if you confront him during the final siege, fighting for the Empire. You can't kill him if you side with him.

  6. #6406
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    This is so annoying - seems like something got borked and now I can't dismiss Lydia anymore. I uninstalled the follower mod, clean save, re-activated, nothing. Heck, even in vanilla (with zero mods), I can't dismiss her. But she isn't following me! She is just putzing around dragonsreach, yet her dialogue options are that of her "follow mode". Grr.

  7. #6407
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,207
    You can always kill her.

  8. #6408
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    This is so annoying - seems like something got borked and now I can't dismiss Lydia anymore. I uninstalled the follower mod, clean save, re-activated, nothing. Heck, even in vanilla (with zero mods), I can't dismiss her. But she isn't following me! She is just putzing around dragonsreach, yet her dialogue options are that of her "follow mode". Grr.
    "set playerfollowercount to <#>
    0 Clears followers and allows you to recruit again."

  9. #6409
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    "set playerfollowercount to <#>
    0 Clears followers and allows you to recruit again."
    I did that and a whole lot of other stuffs - sent a lengthy post to the author of the mod detailing all the troubleshooting steps I took. Waiting to hear back, but honestly, I think at this point I can just ICly pretend that she was killed in battle - I really can't be arsed to load back 6 or so hours of Companion questing again. XD

  10. #6410
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I did that and a whole lot of other stuffs - sent a lengthy post to the author of the mod detailing all the troubleshooting steps I took. Waiting to hear back, but honestly, I think at this point I can just ICly pretend that she was killed in battle - I really can't be arsed to load back 6 or so hours of Companion questing again. XD
    Have you tried deleting Lydia and spawning a new one?

  11. #6411
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Have you tried deleting Lydia and spawning a new one?
    Yup. Would you like me to copypaste my troubleshooting ticket? Teehee.

    Something fundamental is broken in that savegame. Even in a modless vanilla game, I can't even recruit/dismiss (because I don't know what state she is in. show playerfollowercount returns 0.0000 - but I can't make her follow me, I can trade things with her though, odd. I can recruit another follower still, but not her). Eh, she fell in battle. I just have to make do without one. Playing Master without any magic - no enchanting, etc is HARD. First dragon gave me soo much trouble because I ran out of arrows.

  12. #6412
    Is there a console command to get rid of the bees?

    I hate those things so much after putting many hours into decorating my house, then after finishing the greenhouse and coming back and hearing pots and jugs dropping. And what do I see? Bees! Everywhere, knocking stuff off the shelves and making a mess! I even tried picking them up and throwing them in the lake behind the house but when I came back, the house was again filled with even more bees and this time they also brought butterflies with them!

    All I need is some way of stopping them from respawning. I don't care if I lose them as an alchemy reagent. They're just so annoying and make it impossible to decorate. They even come out of the greenhouse and knock things off the shelves and tables in other rooms too!

  13. #6413
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Is there a console command to get rid of the bees?

    I hate those things so much after putting many hours into decorating my house, then after finishing the greenhouse and coming back and hearing pots and jugs dropping. And what do I see? Bees! Everywhere, knocking stuff off the shelves and making a mess! I even tried picking them up and throwing them in the lake behind the house but when I came back, the house was again filled with even more bees and this time they also brought butterflies with them!

    All I need is some way of stopping them from respawning. I don't care if I lose them as an alchemy reagent. They're just so annoying and make it impossible to decorate. They even come out of the greenhouse and knock things off the shelves and tables in other rooms too!
    http://www.lesspopmorefizz.com/img/Bees.gif


    Let's not post memes

  14. #6414
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    A few pages back someone linked a imgur post about someone who had graphic mods to the point that his skyrim looked like real-world photography. Been sifting through tens of pages before that to find the name of the mod(s), anyone know?

  15. #6415
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    A few pages back someone linked a imgur post about someone who had graphic mods to the point that his skyrim looked like real-world photography. Been sifting through tens of pages before that to find the name of the mod(s), anyone know?
    This ?
    Actually, I remember it... hmm
    Googled the gallery url, found this
    http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html

  16. #6416
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    This ?
    Actually, I remember it... hmm
    Googled the gallery url, found this
    http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html
    Second one, yep. Gawd, so beautiful. My PC will explode, but watching those is so.... mesmerizing.

  17. #6417
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    This ?
    Actually, I remember it... hmm
    Googled the gallery url, found this
    http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html
    Do you know what mods make it look like that (well, the scenery, I prefer to leave actors the way they are or maybe just up the details). Im pretty sure my computer can run that but configuring is not my strong side so if they made it happen by tweaking some numbers in files etc. then it's a no go

  18. #6418
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    The second link, if you scroll down, the guy listed "some" of the mods that he uses. He refuses to share his whole list though - over 300 of them. I'm trying out a few graphical mods to see if my PC can handle it.

    2k textures
    Serious HD retexture
    Flora Overhaul
    Lush Tree
    Realistic Lighting
    Pure Waters

    Will update if my PC combusts.

  19. #6419
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    The second link, if you scroll down, the guy listed "some" of the mods that he uses. He refuses to share his whole list though - over 300 of them. I'm trying out a few graphical mods to see if my PC can handle it.

    2k textures
    Serious HD retexture
    Flora Overhaul
    Lush Tree
    Realistic Lighting
    Pure Waters

    Will update if my PC combusts.
    Ah, thanks, must have missed it. Have to wait till tomorrow though, Skyrim nexus seems to be down

  20. #6420
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Do you know what mods make it look like that (well, the scenery, I prefer to leave actors the way they are or maybe just up the details). Im pretty sure my computer can run that but configuring is not my strong side so if they made it happen by tweaking some numbers in files etc. then it's a no go
    The guy runs with a 670, and with his crazy grass mod manages ~8fps
    Says around 30 otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •