Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm doing the deathknight build: heavy armor, two hand sword, zombie summoning.
    with mods or without?
    tried it once but it was totally not fun
    either I did sth wrong, didn't use mods or whatever it was I fckd up

and in WoW DK is my main...

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    I hope you get your horse situation fixed Rarhyx; that sounds frustrating though I guess that you can "stop and smell the roses" a little more.
    thanks, but I'm already used to it^^
    I just pretend I don't have the money to buy a horse or skill to ride
    and I'm not really a rogue guy, so stealing is no option

Want to upgrade my computer in the near future so maybe that bug will be gone
    though my graphic is kinda good (gtx960)
    with my old gts250 I couldn't even use magic without causing a crash...
    and that on low settings(!)
    (I had to kill casters from far before they notice me with a bow or had to sneak up and assisnate them)

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I *usually* play a character for about 10-15 hours and then make a different one with a few different key mods. Specifically I like using realism mods or mods that ramp up the difficulty to stupid levels. For example, I wanted to play an Archer so I put in a punch of Archery themed mods like Locational Damage and one whose name I forget that lets your Arrows stay in bodies, and things like that. But once you hit that 10 hour mark is when you start getting kind of powerful, and honestly that is when I start to lose interest and start over.

Realism mods that make you eat, sleep, and manage your warmth in the cold add a lot of playtime simply because they add "busy-work" into the game. That *can* be annoying, but it also makes some situations more fun when you are not only battling draugr, but are slowly dying of thirst as well. Then, finding something to drink is more important than finding a cool magic weapon. And assuming all you find is Ale in a dungeon, well...now you're not dying of thirst, but now you're drunk and possibly have drunken effects like distorted vision and weapon dropping or falling effects.

There are just so many fun ways that mods allow you to tweek the game that its no wonder a lot of people have hundreds and hundreds of hours of recorded play time (not to mention days upon days of time spent out of game researching, installing, and troubleshooting mods).
    problem with realism mods is that they're very heavily scripted which can lead to game crashing, script engine for skyrim sucks balls
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    problem with realism mods is that they're very heavily scripted which can lead to game crashing, script engine for skyrim sucks balls
    That's the trade off of heavily modding a game and changing fundamental core mechanics, and its a trade off I gladly make. ; )
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    That's the trade off of heavily modding a game and changing fundamental core mechanics, and its a trade off I gladly make. ; )
    Yep. A little instability with 300 mods is to be expected, but it also makes the game 300x better.

300 mods for real? Wow!

Ah you have quite a different approach to me WarpedAcorn but I do appreciate you sharing how you approach the game. To be honest I want my play through to be quite "chill" so the realism mods are not for me at this time. Perhaps that will change later on though. Still haven't started yet as wrapping up some other games first.

Has anyone a good list of additional adventure/quests mods? I may start playing again, and afetr i have installed my mod suite i would like to play some new stuff out.
    The Forgotten City is a nice story mod, if that is what you are looking for.

300 mods for real? Wow!
    Well, closer to 250, some of the mods are compatability patches.

Gota merge those patches might cut it down to 150.

Has anyone a good list of additional adventure/quests mods? I may start playing again, and afetr i have installed my mod suite i would like to play some new stuff out.
    Moonpath to Eleswyr, Falskaar, the Fight Against the Thalmor series, and Wyrmstooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    300 mods for real? Wow!

Ah you have quite a different approach to me WarpedAcorn but I do appreciate you sharing how you approach the game. To be honest I want my play through to be quite "chill" so the realism mods are not for me at this time. Perhaps that will change later on though. Still haven't started yet as wrapping up some other games first.
    Yeah, first time through the game was pure vanilla without any mods. I didn't play it again until the Legendary edition came out that had all the expansions, then I started modding for the first. But even then I didn't go overboard, mainly just some cosmetic changes, texture updates, UI enhancements, and armor mods. Once I 100% completed the game and got all the achievements though...well then I copied my save files, stored them on a thumb drive, and then it was time to just overhaul the game lol.

Usually I ended up capping out the mods at the max (255) because I never clean anything out. So I would have a ton of armor mods that I don't use...or I would get the urge on one character to use spears, but then need to get a mods for spears, for the animation of wielding them, ect...then I would never use spears again because now I wanted to just use magic, so I would get a bunch of spell effect mods to spice it up. Oh, but how about dual wielding? I always wanted to be able to block while dual wielding, time to get that mod and the animations for it...So before you know it, you're at 255! =)

Its a very slippery slope once you realize that you can change the game more to your liking on a whim, and just with a mere notion of doing something different.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    with mods or without?
    tried it once but it was totally not fun
    either I did sth wrong, didn't use mods or whatever it was I fckd up

and in WoW DK is my main...
    I use a lot of mods - especially ordinator changes/adds lots of perks to make builds more interesting. Anyway nothing is a complete overhaul, everything i have put in is more near to Vanilla game than everything.

New spells do not include the "extreme incredible zombie unbeatabale draugr", bt stuff like more familiar summons with different models and so on.

A mod i recommend to everyone is tSSSS: it switches the potion and armor enchantment affixes so magic like melee weapons gets the "stronger skill" enchantment and magic is istantly more viable.

Imho the game doesn't require overhauls to be enjoyable, just some needed tweaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    The Forgotten City is a nice story mod, if that is what you are looking for.
    Noted, will check for it later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Moonpath to Eleswyr, Falskaar, the Fight Against the Thalmor series, and Wyrmstooth.
    mmost of them are already installed now, thanks anyway
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    A mod that should've been in the base-game T-T
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73236/?

Simply Knock is the first feature-complete mod that allows you to knock on locked doors of houses in Skyrim. If anyone is home, they will answer the door! You can then flex your speechcraft skills in order to get them to allow you inside. If someone inside is a friend, they will always permit you to enter.

All house doors in Skyrim can be knocked on if locked, as well as some businesses where people live (farms, stores, etc).

If you need a quiet place to stay the night, or want to visit someone you know at odd hours, just knock on the door like a normal civilized person. Also useful for checking to see if anyone's home before you commit your next burglary.

My goal was to make a very simple, lightweight, no-nonsense mod that had a place in almost everyone's game, regardless of mod tastes or playstyle.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

This is amazing. Great job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    This is amazing. Great job.
    Its not mine, was just posting it here to let people know of it along with the description

Its not mine, was just posting it here to let people know of it along with the description
    Does it work well? Sometimes weird things happen with mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if there's a sickle/scythe mod? I have the Lilith's Sickle mod from the workshop, but I'm after more.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentines View Post
    Does it work well? Sometimes weird things happen with mods.
    Yea it works well been reading comments and everyone says it works + its by Chesko everything by him works

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know of a good magic overhaul for Skyrim? I'm looking for something that makes destruction a bit more powerful, IE destruction spells doing more dmg, and making running out of magicka so fast after a few top tier spells an issue. Also something that maybe adds new spells and redesigns the perks.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Forgotten magic redone. Doesn't overhaul perks adds new spells you can level up.

Apocalypse Adds a bunch of new very interesting spells to all schools does not overhaul perks.

Perkus maximus A giant giant giant overhaul of the game adds a lot of new spells redoes all the perks ALL OF THEM Just be warned this is a giant overhaul and takes a lot of work to make it work with other mods.

Wintermyst Induced in perkus maximus adds many enchantments to the game.

I know there is more but I only linked the stuff that I have used before.

A mod that should've been in the base-game T-T
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73236/?

Simply Knock is the first feature-complete mod that allows you to knock on locked doors of houses in Skyrim. If anyone is home, they will answer the door! You can then flex your speechcraft skills in order to get them to allow you inside. If someone inside is a friend, they will always permit you to enter.

All house doors in Skyrim can be knocked on if locked, as well as some businesses where people live...
    Wow! Thanks for linking this. What a great idea this mod is.