Poll: Which is funner? (also worth the money)

Wheel vs Xbox 360 Controller for racing games

Hey guys, ive been playing dirt 2/dirt 3 and shift 2 alot lately on the keyboard and the thought of playing on a propper controller or actual racing wheel seems so much more fun. I've already got a wireless 360 controller so i cant use it on my PC

Does anyone own both? Which is funner and more 'worth the money'? I'm not too worried about which is easier to get fast lap times or whatever.

also suggestions for a cheap but well made gaming wheel would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Deleted
    I'd say just buy a PC receiver for the xbox360 wireless controller.

Used to have a wheel on my Playstation for Gran Turismo and I don't think it's worth the money.

okay cheers for the feedback,
    - I haven't been able to find any of those in Australia, they're on amazon but they don't ship them to Aus i'm afraid D:

You should check your original box. Mine came with a cable that goes into the port of the controller on the top and has a USB outlet.

Wheel and Pedals, hands down. You can pick up some pretty cheap wheel and pedal sets and it changes the game completely. I'm a hardcore sim racer and would rather have a wheel/pedals then a controller anyday.

I'm using a Thrustmaster RGT Pro Force Feedback clutch edition that I picked up on amazon for 115 bucks. Its an amazing wheel and the force feedback is like no other. It's all belt driven instead of gear and feels alot better. Plus its ment for rally type games.

I had a logitech momo that lasted me 2 and a half years before the gears in the wheel wore out and it quit on me. I'm diggin this thrustmaster wheel right now.

Im a 21 year old that does own his own car and has been driving for some time, but im also a 21 year old that has been driving on analog sticks for many years, i much perfer Xbox controller and if i could id rip out the wheel in my car and toss a controller in there MIB style.

Not a real fan of racing games but borrowed a friend's wheel and tryed it on a few games just feels too meh compared to the controller on top of feeling like a goof.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    You should check your original box. Mine came with a cable that goes into the port of the controller on the top and has a USB outlet.
    Nah no extra usb cords all my controllers (wireless) came from buying the 360 itself, got red ring a while back so stopped playing the 360 then got another one, thus 4 wireless controllers haha.

What can you say about the Logitech Driving Force GT? Is it worth it? Its a 100 bucks

Edit: I think I'm going to get Thrustmaster GT Experience Racing Wheel

15+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G27!

that or the Logitech Driving Force GT Pro.

Pretty much any wheel with force feedback and 900* rotation will be amazing
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right