Haste, and Resto Druid

Assuming you have access to the gear and were able to reach the 6th tic on Rejuv raid buffed {25.95% haste, or 3323 rating}, Is it worth giving up the int to reach this cap? If not, is the 14th tic of Lifebloom worth it? or 10th tic of Wild Bloom? Keep in mind, 4 piece T11 is NOT obtainable for me, so this is a complete null point.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/d...E,QD0iGB,,D4C2

This would be the gearset I'd be using, 3137 haste rating, Which covers Growth/Lifebloom. I'd have to wait for a few heroic pieces until I could hit the 6th tic on rejuv... I am usually a tank, so I can't use Shoulder tokens on healer gear yet, it's not on offspec rolls.

Thanks for your time.

The extra tick of Lifebloom would definitely not be worth it. Extra ticks of Lifebloom, in general, are not worth obtaining. And in the case of going for 3323 haste rating, the extra healing you'd gain on LB (and the faster ticks on your other hots) wouldn't come close to making up for the 1.3k Mastery you'd be sacrificing.

10+ Year Old Account
    3323 nor 3137 is going to give you anything.

With only the 5% the next point is 2449(LB) then 3665(LB) then 3754(WG). Next RJ isn't till 3967.
    With DI WG is 3272 and RJ is 3478.

The masses amount of mastery and int you are loosing from using blue gear, two non int trinkets, and masses amounts of pure haste gems will not make up for that 1 tick.

If you could use two passive int trinkets and still get it, in 25s at least it would be worth testing at least. 10s, having to use 2 non-int trinks, or not having BiS heroic gear I wouldn't even consider it really worth testing tbh. I can't see it being a useful trade.

The next breakpoint we would feasibly go after would be 3754, where we get the next WG/Efflo tick. With the askmrrobot gearing you've provided, you'd be losing 500 int in gems and enchants alone, not to mention an extra 600+ from not having passive int trinkets. So, most definitely not. And in fact, I would venture to say we won't even be going for 3754 in the next tier either.

Who knows, though. I see a lot of haste on leather spirit gear in the ptr builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    3323 nor 3137 is going to give you anything.

With only the 5% the next point is 2449(LB) then 3665(LB) then 3754(WG). Next RJ isn't till 3967.
    With DI WG is 3272 and RJ is 3478.

The masses amount of mastery and int you are loosing from using blue gear, two non int trinkets, and masses amounts of pure haste gems will not make up for that 1 tick.

If you could use two passive int trinkets and still get it, in 25s at least it would be worth testing at least. 10s, having to use 2 non-int trinks, or not having BiS heroic gear I wouldn't even consider it really worth testing tbh. I can't see it being a useful trade.
    I agree wholeheartedly
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula View Post
    . And in fact, I would venture to say we won't even be going for 3754 in the next tier either.

Who knows, though. I see a lot of haste on leather spirit gear in the ptr builds.
    Without DI I'd have to agree with you. Even if all the pieces we have haste on now stayed haste, I really doubt the ilvls up will be enough to hit it without sacrificing too much other stats, esp since mastery and crit are both getting nice raid healing buffs.

With DI, it may definitely be a possibility. 3272 is still a ton more haste, but may not be in that 'impossible' category. Will be interesting to see. I'll try and keep track of new gear a bit more and try and get a grasp of the average increase.

Keep in mind 6th tick is easy to hit for the 15seconds nature's grace is up!, you can hit 11th wild growth tick at 2643 with DI raid buffs and nature's grace even!, beyond that isn't really feasible and as said, unlikely to be even next tier.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...Hc&hl=en#gid=1

Instead of starting another topic on this, I thought I'd ask here.

I'm at 2071 haste, before any raid buffs. Between work and other commitments, I'm not able to raid steadily ATM. Should I keep my haste where it's at, not knowing if I'll have the 5% bonus during the times I do get to raid? I could get closer to the 2005 breakpoint, but I was waiting for a couple drops out of ZA/ZG to see where they'd put me first.

@Belschik, need more info. At least an armory link.
    Without that info all I can comment on is that the 5% raid buff is almost always present. Whether you can get to the next break-point without the 5% is something we can only say after taking a look at your gear. Since you are at 2071, try reducing it to around 2005 if you can. ( reforge the rest to mastery, but really need to take a look at your gear).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...za/akku/simple

I actually have some other pieces of gear that I can switch out, plus I could remove the haste gems I originally used to get to the break point. As I said, I'm mainly doing 5 mans, and a lot of times am w/out the haste buff. The last chance I had to raid was with a Resto Shaman that wasn't paying attention to totems which left me w/out the buff a few times too.

if all you are doing is 5-mans then haste breakpoints aren't that big of an issue. Especially with your level of gear. I would drop back to 2005 haste in the most effecient way possible and call it good. When you do get into a raid, you will be much better off.

And if a shammy isn't keeping track of his totems then jump on his case to drop the correct ones.

Might not even be possible to maintain 2005 depending on the itemization on the Firelands gear.

Like Cerelli said, if you are looking to cover the 5% for 5 mans, do not bother. For raids, I feel 2005 is good enough, I could not find a way to get the extra 5% in your gear. ( I used www.reforgemaster.com)

10+ Year Old Account
    This days there is almost a class that can bring those 5% haste, so you shouldn't worry and go for the 2005.
    If you only do 5m, I would drop all that haste for Mastery, many might disagree with me but I would personally do the same for 10m.
    In the PTR the way Mastery works makes it very appealing, I didn't not had the time to play with it, but I think we might see an increase of value on Mastery and with that a increase of value on Crit (well they are trying really bad to make this a good stat for pve, we'll see).

As for the OP, I think Myrrar was right on the money, at your gear lvl, you really don't benefit of haste at all, rather go Int and Mastery, but again that is my opinion.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

Really mastery is very strong, IMO it makes more sense to go for mastery stacking and not even try for 2005 if you find yourself replacing more than a couple gems for pure haste and odd reforges/enchants.

2005 is great if you can comfortably reach it. Its not that great if you are making major sacrifices in intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Really mastery is very strong, IMO it makes more sense to go for mastery stacking and not even try for 2005 if you find yourself replacing more than a couple gems for pure haste and odd reforges/enchants.

2005 is great if you can comfortably reach it. Its not that great if you are making major sacrifices in intellect.
    This topic started deviating from somewhere in the middle, but the reforge we are discussing right now is for a player who is already at 2071 and was wondering if its worth it to get the 5% assumed haste by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by talkaboom View Post
    This topic started deviating from somewhere in the middle, but the reforge we are discussing right now is for a player who is already at 2071 and was wondering if its worth it to get the 5% assumed haste by himself.
    Oops, yeh I would say no.

Don't worry about the buff, DPS will be complaining long before you. But to be honest I doubt anyone's choice to go for 2005 haste short of well itemized raid gear. Even with alchemy. But I am pretty strict on losing intellect, or reforging improperly. I have had access to any gear, and until about that point it was just is not as strong as mastery in my experience. So my original post is somewhat relevant.

Just my opinion, I have played for long periods with both builds, both are strong.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2011-06-07 at 01:55 AM.

Ok, I was looking at the spread sheet... is 1603 where I want to be before the raid buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Belschik View Post
    Ok, I was looking at the spread sheet... is 1603 where I want to be before the raid buffs?
    1603 is where you want to be if you are positive you will not get any raid buffs.

If there's any chance you might get the 5% haste buff (from a moonkin, shadow priest or any type of shaman) then you should consider reaching for 2005 or dropping down to 917 and reforge to mastery.

It comes down to a matter of preference and how comfortable you are with your mana. Me personally, as soon as I feel that I can reach that next cap I am going for it. Unless there is substantial data with the next patch showing other stats are worth pursuing. The gains from reaching 2005 proved to me how much of a difference haste makes in healing, being a raid healer I feel that haste is gold.