Battlefield 3 E3 Content Revealed, CO-OP, Battlelog(MW3 like service, but free)

E3 2011 in Los Angeles is only a few days away and there is a lot of excitement in the air. We are thrilled to be at the expo to show you Battlefield 3! We are currently putting the final touches on our demo - testing, tweaking, and in general, creating a game that’s looking amazing. I’m very happy and proud of what our DICE team has accomplished and what we’ll be unveiling to the world at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further – we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, “Operation Métro,” available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game’s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

Karl Magnus Troedsson
    General Manager, DICE
    http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...oes-to-e3.aspx
    Last edited by moaradin; 2011-06-03 at 06:34 PM.

Modern Warfare 3 just received a d20 critical deathblow to the balls.

I'll now be waiting on the response from Kotick.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    hell yea bf3 Will be choosing it over cod then since Activision wants to be dickheads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars
    This shit ^ is why I will forever buy almost any game DICE makes. They know how to make games and haven't sold out like some other unnamed companies. They still care about their customers and aren't as concerned at making a profit because they know they will come out with a good game and don't have to charge stupid fees just to ensure they break even. Yes I know it's not an integral part of the game, but they're going the extra mile to ensure people get the best game play they can.

Hoo-rah to DICE
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-06-03 at 06:45 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Maaaaaaaaan, Fuck CoD ( still gonna buy it) but really that is fucking great.

---------- Post added 2011-06-03 at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Modern Warfare 3 just received a d20 critical deathblow to the balls.

I'll now be waiting on the response from Kotick.
    and yeah BF3 just bitch slapped MW3 for over 9000
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get about MW3 is that Treyarch introduced most of their COD:Elite in BlackOps for free. I know at least with the PS3 you could upload your videos straight to YouTube as well.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I"ll still buy MW3..but Dice seems to know just how to throw a good hard kick to Bobby Koticks balls. Call of Duthy Elite sounds cool, I might go for it. But since Bungie and Dice are doing it for free??? Maybe not

Why aren't they charging extra for battlelog, don't they know how a business works? /sarcasm

I F'ing love battlefield.... Im definitely not buying MW3, but BF3 I will be there for the midnight release.

Now to make it over the final hurdle... make sure PC gamers arent screwed out of it by making the game console-centered.

With enough people complaining about subscription-based services, I think its time that companies will start moving away from them again. Catch more bees with honey then vinegar!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars
    Its super effective!

Easy, people, Don't Judge CoD:MW3 just yet . SledgeHammer is making the Multiplayer part of the game (which for me equals about 80% of it ) and improving SpecOps ... etc etc. let's see what they have got in their bag

No No I aint a CoD fanboy infact i play BFBC2 more than Blops . however, im a FPS games fan , i collect those games from CS 1.3 straight to Crysis 2 .

Yes BF3 looks amazing and Will Buy it ... and hoping , just hoping CoD will be better (I will be satisfied if it was as good as cod4) when i buy it v.v
    In Soviet Russia , Keyboard turns you !

█║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌ORIGINAL
    █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌DRUID. ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I F'ing love battlefield.... Im definitely not buying MW3, but BF3 I will be there for the midnight release.

Now to make it over the final hurdle... make sure PC gamers arent screwed out of it by making the game console-centered.

With enough people complaining about subscription-based services, I think its time that companies will start moving away from them again. Catch more bees with honey then vinegar!
    They have stated that they're making BF3 for PC first then porting it to consoles rather then the other way around.

So let's hope they do it right.

BF3 will still be one of the best looking games on consoles, even if it isn't as good as the PC version. Looking forward to what they show at E3.

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure that EA was considering some ideas of how to get players to pay for Battlefield 3.

Then AvB announced they'd charge for Modern Warfare 3: Elite and people at EA must have decided to scrap those ideas and use it as a strength.

I'm still not convinced Battlefield 3 will actually sell more units than Modern Warfare 3 but there are certainly a lot of aspects in their favour. I just think most Modern Warefare players aren't connected and commited enough to know what's in store for them.

Thats what we call the free market at work. You want to charge for you service? Fine, but use ours and its free. BF is looking like a good option as long as the single player is good.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB