Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I use the CNPS10x Extreme.. but theres a cheaper version

it's by Zalman

10+ Year Old Account
    No love for the Corsair Hydro series

10+ Year Old Account
    My CM 212+ is keeping idle temps relatively low, but if it gets anywhere under load they shoot up to over 50, pushing 60. I might send it back and buy a Noctua NH-D14 instead. I've heard amazing things about it and the setup looks relatively painless compared to the 212+.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    No love for the Corsair Hydro series
    ya I'm kinda wondering about that. I put the h50 in my i7-930 oc'd to 3.8ghz, and while I keep being tempted to go 2500k and new mobo, I would be very tempted to use the h70. Proper fit with side door fans can be an issue with some cases.

I currently have 12gb (obv would be fewer sticks) of: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231335 Which certainly can have issues clearing large heat sinks

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I see you've stopped being sceptic about my beloved FD. I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    ya I'm kinda wondering about that. I put the h50 in my i7-930 oc'd to 3.8ghz, and while I keep being tempted to go 2500k and new mobo, I would be very tempted to use the h70. Proper fit with side door fans can be an issue with some cases.

I currently have 12gb (obv would be fewer sticks) of: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231335 Which certainly can have issues clearing large heat sinks
    If you're contemplating upgrading, wait for the H80/H100 that should be out soon
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I see you've stopped being sceptic about my beloved FD. I like it.
    I was sceptic about it?
    I have one now.
    I love the thing so much. The poor part is I recently had to haul it to a friends house, who has better diagnostics hardware than I do, and the thing weighs a fucking ton.
    I mean honestly, it has to be at least 50 lbs.

I was sceptic about it?
    I have one now.
    I love the thing so much. The poor part is I recently had to haul it to a friends house, who has better diagnostics hardware than I do, and the thing weighs a fucking ton.
    I mean honestly, it has to be at least 50 lbs.
    Yea. When I was recommending FD-cases and PSUs, you commented on them as "some unknown shit". Some months ago.
    And yea. I recently moved further up in Swedia, and I had to haul it around as well, not to mention down and up stairs. :x

FD are great. I had a chat with one of them the other day, since I wanted a second fan-controller for my Define R3 since I liked the first one so much, so I could run additional fans with it. They sent me one free of charge without shipping. <3

(Some FD-PSUs lack 80+marking, because the 80+ has to be meassured in that obscure 115v you use on your side of the Atlantic, when they only come in 230v-editions. What is it with you guys wanting to do everything differently? Fahrenheit, inches/feet, lbs, gallons and miles?)
    &nbsp;

Yea. When I was recommending FD-cases and PSUs, you commented on them as "some unknown shit". Some months ago.
    And yea. I recently moved further up in Swedia, and I had to haul it around as well, not to mention down and up stairs. :x

FD are great. I had a chat with one of them the other day, since I wanted a second fan-controller for my Define R3 since I liked the first one so much, so I could run additional fans with it. They sent me one free of charge without shipping. <3

(Some FD-PSUs lack 80+marking, because the 80+ has to be meassured in that obscure 115v you use on your side of the Atlantic, when they only come in 230v-editions. What is it with you guys wanting to do everything differently? Fahrenheit, inches/feet, lbs, gallons and miles?)
    I was under the impression that the 80+ was tested at 230V, has it improves efficiency, and it always look better to have more then less...
    And btw any good commuted psu has active PFC what makes the psu able to allow both 110 and 230v.
    Last edited by Enola; 2011-06-05 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

(I use metric measurements, even here in the USA. >.<)

...the best air cooler on the market, the Noctua NH-D14.
    But it's so UGLEH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    But it's so UGLEH.
    Asus Sabertooth P67 + Noctua NH-D14 = Bliss
    They look so well together, they're both incredibly solid durable parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    If you're contemplating upgrading, wait for the H80/H100 that should be out soon
    oh, nice, just looked those up. posted on their forums to find out if the h100 will fit my current case. Should, but want to be sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    oh, nice, just looked those up. posted on their forums to find out if the h100 will fit my current case. Should, but want to be sure.
    Most 200MM fan slots can fit 2x 120MM fans.

What Case you got?
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

I assume you plan to overclock if you're looking for an after market heatsink? Or did you get an oem style chip that didn't come with one? The stock ones work pretty well for very light OC and stock clock speeds. You can't go wrong with most of what people listed here though. They all perform well, and quite a few other factors come into play with your case design and airflow as to which is "best." Pick one that of course fits your mount style, then fits in your case and with your memory chips, then get one that looks the coolest to you.

I'm surprised that no one ever recommends the Prolimatech Armageddon. Yeah, it's expensive and doesn't come with fans, but put a couple good fans on it and it's hands down the best air cooler around. The Prolimatech Megahalems is one of the best, too, but you're going to have to shell out for it.

Edit: Yeah, I know it's way more than $50, but still, should be recommended when price is no object when it comes to air cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Most 200MM fan slots can fit 2x 120MM fans.

What Case you got?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146064

I recall some comments about screwy screw patterns (pun intended) with corsair coolers dont I?

They did reply to my post in their forums that the screw pattern should fit but that I need 3-5" of top clearance from the mobo. So I'll have to check that.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212+.
    If you could go about $30 dollars more, you could get the best air cooler on the market, the Noctua NH-D14.
    ^
    |
    |
    This
    Light, Grant me this one last wish so that I may be released from these frozen binds and stop the utter destruction of Azeroth.
    *EXPLOSION* MY ROFLSWORD GOES SLICE SLICE SLICE SLICE.
    It is over......

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the 2600k, but both are similar. I have a Asus P8P67 Deluxe, and a Zalman CNPS 9900 Max. Everything is cool, even with a pretty decent overclock. The led is blue and motherboard is blue so the aesthetics are there also