Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should i get a new monitor?

Hey, atm i got a Philip 190G which is like 4years (prolly more) old, i got around 120 euro budget, do you think i could get a much better monitor for that price? Mine is abit small and it feels like quality should have been very improved since 4+years.

Deleted
    You can probably upgrade to some 22"+ monitor at 1920x1080, though I don't know the exact details of the Philips 190G. But why upgrade when your monitor works just fine? Mine is also about 3 years old and I'm happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flobaer View Post
    You can probably upgrade to some 22"+ monitor at 1920x1080, though I don't know the exact details of the Philips 190G. But why upgrade when your monitor works just fine? Mine is also about 3 years old and I'm happy with it.
    Yea but its abit small and it just feels that it should have been a huuuge upgrade in those 4-5 years?

If you really want a upgrade, then save some more money, 120$ won't give you any real good upgrade, with a bit more you buy something that will make you a lot happier, have in consideration that increasing monitor size and resolution will impact your gpu performance has well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    If you really want a upgrade, then save some more money, 120$ won't give you any real good upgrade, with a bit more you buy something that will make you a lot happier, have in consideration that increasing monitor size and resolution will impact your gpu performance has well.
    The euro is more powerful than the dollar....

Deleted
    Samsung Syncmaster = god

but i think it may be out of ur budget

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    The euro is more powerful than the dollar....
    I know and I actually live in europe but be real you won't buy any real good monitor with 120€.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know and I actually live in europe but be real you won't buy any real good monitor with 120€.
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/215-a...mi-d-sub-dvi-d
    Ex. Vat

Deleted
    Samsung Syncmaster = god

but i think it may be out of ur budget
    I got my 1680x1050 Syncmaster for only 99 euros at my local PC periphal store.

The Pound is more powerful than the Euro....
    But I will retract has after researched his monitor, I found it to be a lot worse then what I was expecting.

But I will retract has after researched his monitor, I found it to be a lot worse then what I was expecting.
    So you would say i should buy a new monitor?

Deleted
    HAHAHA I play(ed) on a monitor that I purchased in 2003(and played it until 3 months ago when I accidentally smashed it with the hammer) <--Real Story,the monitor deserved it!

I had a 280 + $ budged,purchased a lovely player,cowon j3

Atm I'm stuck on a crappy laptop,moral of the story? Smash the monitor if you fell to

Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    So you would say i should buy a new monitor?
    I would, but would still try to save some more money if possible.

Deleted
    I use this monitor, can't but recommend it

okay, any1 got some good monitors too recommend?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    okay, any1 got some good monitors too recommend?
    I just did in the post above

Quote Originally Posted by Flobaer View Post
    Because you can! Bump up a size or two so you can get a higher resolution, and make sure it's LED.

EDIT: In response to sagan-man, I literally just bought the 24" version of this yesterday from Newegg.com ... I'd rate it 5 stars, absolutely fantastic!

and thanks prixie
    Last edited by Kronyk88; 2011-06-04 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronyk88 View Post
    Because you can! Bump up a size or two so you can get a higher resolution, and make sure it's LED.
    LED Backlit*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronyk88 View Post
    Double post >.<
    You can delete a post if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by sagan-man View Post
    I use this monitor, can't but recommend it
    Quote Originally Posted by sagan-man View Post
    I just did in the post above
    Hmm, says you cant recommend it.. or? :P

---------- Post added 2011-06-05 at 12:06 PM ----------

I would prefer one with built in speakers, is anyone using this?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236052
    Too me it looks abit big, is it a bad "gaming monitor?" or am i mistaken? =)