Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Solution: LFD groups can only replace kicked members with the LFD tool. No direct invites allowed once a boss has been killed. Sure they could still kick you, but it would remove the reason of "we want to get guildie in now you've done the hard work".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    Solution: LFD groups can only replace kicked members with the LFD tool. No direct invites allowed once a boss has been killed. Sure they could still kick you, but it would remove the reason of "we want to get guildie in now you've done the hard work".
    Aye that sounds as a really good thing to implement too. I know even my own guildies would be affected by this but tbh, it's a douche move unless the person being kicked has actually deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by djahy View Post
    QQ moar OP, I'm hoping you run with me in my guild runs one day, so we can do the same thing. It happens, get over it.
    your guild is likely full of brain-dead ninja looting failures who couldn't get anything done without being carried by pugs whom u throw away when you're done using them

There's major problems with LFD - Granted none of these apply to me, as I usually run with guilds if any at all, but I can see the following an issue:

1) The fact you can cheese your way in by buying gear you cant use with a high Ilevel - For example, had a tank in Crit/Mastery GREENS during my ZG today, normally I dont run them since I have no use for Valor points but I needed crystals to sell, well I asked him, how did you even get in here... His response "My PVP Arms spec is 355, so it lets me in, and I want the satchel, its not like tanking is hard atleast it wasnt in WRATH" His exact response, now I had no problem keeping him alive, but im not an average healer, im BiS, and a paladin.

2) The satchels. Ohhhh the satchels, nothing is more annoying then a tank buying out DPS gear from the AH throwing in pure stam gems/enchants, if they even bother to enchant/gem, and then assume they are ready to tank with their off pieces of PvP gear, this was by far the dumbest decision blizz has ever made. If they can make it so ILevel can be checked why cant they make sure gems/enchants are there, especially as a healer or tank.

3) Guild groups: Granted, if you are in a group of 3-4 guildies, they should implicate it so that if its 3 guildies, and 2 randoms, and the guild members initiate a kick, then the ONE random, should decide. I've been in groups with guilds where they will kick a guy after one mistake, granted it could be completely dumb, but hasnt everyone stood in fire at one point? Either that or make it so guild members 3+ cant initiate party kicks.

4)WTB Ingame player, that plays for those players that after 85 levels still cant figure out how to play, yes im looking at you DPS pulling an amazing 5k with a 15% increase, and you druids spamming Regrowth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    There's major problems with LFD - Granted none of these apply to me, as I usually run with guilds if any at all, but I can see the following an issue:
    2) The satchels. Ohhhh the satchels, nothing is more annoying then a tank buying out DPS gear from the AH throwing in pure stam gems/enchants, if they even bother to enchant/gem, and then assume they are ready to tank with their off pieces of PvP gear, this was by far the dumbest decision blizz has ever made. If they can make it so ILevel can be checked why cant they make sure gems/enchants are there, especially as a healer or tank.
    This isn't true, i'm a Pala tank who has no need for VP's and i'm 358 ilvl geared. but i also queue for the Scatchel.. and that is what Blizz wanted with the CTA implementation. That decent tanks who had nothing to seek in HC's would queue and help others out!

Also a enchant/gem check would be pointless.. cause its possible to heal or tank without it. When the skill of the players allows him to run without gems/enchants he may decide to do so.
    Last edited by mmocce1eacff4c; 2011-06-06 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    3 of us were levelling alts this weekend and needed to do some dungeons so one of our raid tanks joined in and we LFD'ed a dps. First one wasn't too bad but was clearly new to the instances. He stuck with us for 2 instances. The next one was so-so but kept getting the 'baby debuff' so left after one. The third was a complete newbie but very eager to learn. We ran for 5 hours and had a really good time. He asked questions, we gave advice and tips. Some of us made gearing and talent suggestions but the thing was that none of us really needed to random a 5th as our raid tank was more than capable of handling things. We figured 'What the heck', let someone get in without any griefing and even if they really stunk it wouldn't actually hurt us. We all had a great time. I guess it comes down to attitude on all sides. It is, after all, just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The thing ppl need to look out for and blizz isn't doing anything about is the pug runs that get the 4th ZA boss in time for a bear then kick the non guild mbr before they walk over and open the chest with the bear. If you are ever in this spot dont roll on loot until you have started the loot for the bear going. I have heard of this happening to multiple ppl and so far in all the tickets posted Blizz has said they didn't mind ppl doing it.
    Actually, since you can't kick ppl when you are in combat or waiting to roll on a drop, one good way to avoid this is to instantly check 4th boss's corpse after the timed run and hold on to clicking need/greed until you've opened the 4th chest.