Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Finding it hard to progress.

Ok, here is the deal.

I am a 'casual' player who is finding it hard to progress. I am just as skilled as the average hardcore player when it comes to raiding etc.

I am finding it hard to get into a guild on my realm because they all ask for the raid achi's. I can;t get the raid achi's because no pug would let me in because I haven;t got 359 ilvl gear.

The ridiculous requirements for GS and guilds thinking achi = good player is bs. The ironic thing is my ilvl is currently sitting at 352 and the only way I could possibly get it higher is by running raids which I can't even get in to because of 'lack of gear'

Also if I wait till Firelands and get the 359 gear through justice points then the same thing will happen, they will increase the 'required' ilvl because they think lower ilvl = bad player.

Maybe my realm is unique in the way that it requires people to have full t11 before you can get into a t11 raid. This wasn;t the case in wrath as I cleared all raids wearing the previous tier gear.

It is true that PUG's are bad and I can;t complain about them because they can choose any lvl of ilvl they want, it's their raid at the end of the day. I am just complaining about the fact that as it stands, It will be impossible for me to raid... ever.

post that on offical forum not here

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there no Casual/Progressive guilds on your realm? There's bound to be other players stuck in a pickle like you who need a decent player to help them work up to raids, surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Troll Druids turned into walking cannabis plants.

i have two alts who have never set foot into raids and each has 355+ ilvl, not really relevant to the overall discussion but to say 'i'm stuck at 352' is just wrong. if you haven't done the raids how do you just *know* you're as good as a hardcore raider? like anything else you improve with practice, if you haven't had a chance to practice raiding it's very unlikely you're as good as players who have (excluding of course people who are just bad in general). what makes you think you're so good as to deserve a raid spot without any experience? serious question, i want to know what aspect of you makes you better than hardcore raiders who have better gear and more experience than you.

You seem to just want to be aiming for the good guilds ASAP. No, doesn't work that way. Climb up the ladder, start off with the normal mode guilds that NEED people. After you gear up a bit, and if you still want to progress higher, than you apply to a better guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in this situation before. So i decided to make my own pug and i won 2 items which boosted my Ilvl

I've been in that position and if your willing to transfer it isn't that hard to find a guild really unless you want to join a server #1 guild. a 12/12 normal guild with maybe a couple of heroic kills should be possible to join if they need your class and you write an excellent application. It's all about your application really, pretend it's a job application and the guild will only take the best applicants. Remember that they don't know why your gear is behind unless you tell them. And whatever you do don't complain like in this post. Show the guild your mature and not a crybaby.

hmm what class are you my palas on 357 ilvl and i have to pug raids since in my guild theres no raid for 2nd alts unless they got a healing or tanking os and mines dont and i dont have any gear from them yet im in full vp/rep and 353 gear so its not that hard to get to 355+

Deleted
    Apply to the best guilds on your realm if you want to belong to the best. (of your realm, that is)
    PUGs =Bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a different guild for requirements? Post on forums? If you're actually just as good, it shouldn't be a problem. (Ask to be trialed)
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
    Ok, here is the deal.

I am a 'casual' player who is finding it hard to progress. I am just as skilled as the average hardcore player when it comes to raiding etc.

I am finding it hard to get into a guild on my realm because they all ask for the raid achi's. I can;t get the raid achi's because no pug would let me in because I haven;t got 359 ilvl gear.

The ridiculous requirements for GS and guilds thinking achi = good player is bs. The ironic thing is my ilvl is currently sitting at 352 and the only way I could possibly get it higher is by running raids which I can't even get in to because of 'lack of gear'

Also if I wait till Firelands and get the 359 gear through justice points then the same thing will happen, they will increase the 'required' ilvl because they think lower ilvl = bad player.

Maybe my realm is unique in the way that it requires people to have full t11 before you can get into a t11 raid. This wasn;t the case in wrath as I cleared all raids wearing the previous tier gear.

It is true that PUG's are bad and I can;t complain about them because they can choose any lvl of ilvl they want, it's their raid at the end of the day. I am just complaining about the fact that as it stands, It will be impossible for me to raid... ever.
    You can get your ilevel to somewhere around 357+ without raiding, with just rep gear, crafted stuff and Zul dungeons. Also, start your own pugs if you want to get the achievements and then join a guild.

EDIT: depending on your class you can also do BoT trash farming to get another item or two.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2011-06-04 at 12:04 PM.

Joining a guild is as much about putting yourself in a good light as it is about having gear/experience. If you write an awesome application showing you got knowledge about your class, go into details about everything and take your time writing it, it will also help you out in the end.

I've pretty much only had bad experience with PUGs, with a few good exceptions.

Also, if guilds require players to run around in full T11 gear then your server are indeed special.

Quote Originally Posted by eylieen View Post
    i have two alts who have never set foot into raids and each has 355+ ilvl, not really relevant to the overall discussion but to say 'i'm stuck at 352' is just wrong. if you haven't done the raids how do you just *know* you're as good as a hardcore raider? like anything else you improve with practice, if you haven't had a chance to practice raiding it's very unlikely you're as good as players who have (excluding of course people who are just bad in general). what makes you think you're so good as to deserve a raid spot without any experience? serious question, i want to know what aspect of you makes you better than hardcore raiders who have better gear and more experience than you.
    I remember people like you on my server saying the same nonsense about how do you know your as good as anyone else. Just to prove a point I had 9 other people in the same predicament and cleared ICC on my server first time in there. Its wow raiding you don't hafta be an einstien to do just as good as any hardcore except maybe the top 5% in the world. Its all about knowing your toon and knowing the fight which theres about a million how to videos out for. If you know your class knowing the fight takes all of 20 minutes of watching well made videos to be as good as many "hardcore" raiders.

To the OP if you were on my server id give ya a shot but if your on my server I'm sorry =( Blackwing Failure for those wondering)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remindme View Post
    if guilds require players to run around in full T11 gear then your server are indeed special.
    This seem to be a very common problem on my server among the "bad" guilds as I would say it, guilds who have just cleared all the normal modes and maybe killed halfus heroic seem to only want people that is in full 359.

My advice to the OP either you wait till Firelands and get more crafted gear (ilvl 365) and some T11 items then finding a guild should be no problem at all, you just gotta be fast before all the guilds increase their requirements to the players that they recruit.

You also say you are just as skilled as any average hardcore player, well if this is true try to make a name for your self by doing pugs (5mans) with some of the better guilds on your server, even the best guilds on your server will be pugging 5 man heroics on their alts and if you impress a guild leader, raid leader or an officer of a good guild they may just let you in if you apply. This have happened quite a few times for my guild, recently we invited 3 people in full 359 gear and let them join on Sinestra progression, and on our kill two days ago 2 of the 3 recruits were in the raid.

You use wrath as a comparison, it showed how 'skilled' you really are.

Secondly, You can run ZA/ZG and get a better ilvl than 352, because with your vps and craftables + za/zg drops, you'd get near 357.

My alts didn't even step into a single raid and he's at 357(359 mixed with offspec pieces).

You should know very well by now why you are still stuck at 352 and unable to get into a guild to raid, be it casually or hardcore.

You're pretty much toast for this expansion. Why are you sending Blizzard money?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
    Ok, here is the deal.

maybe its been said, but why is your item level only 352? with ZA and ZG you should have 353 gear, plus rep and crafted 359 epics. the AH has boe epics from trash in BoT and BWD.

you should be able to get at least 355 from some 359 epics, though you will have to work for it. you can also get 3/5 tier pieces from valor, as well as a ranged/relic, ring, cloak...

this is what I've done with all my characters without raiding. I got 1 drop from raiding and my item level is 358. the rest are crafted/faction rep/valor/boe epic drops.

you server sounds harsh, maybe you should make your own raiding guild for players in the same situation. surely others feel the same way. do you really want to be in a guild thats too superficial to invite you as a player, but only for the gear you have? and a new patch comes out and you have to grind again (which you weren't able to grind for the item level this time, and its been like 7 months)

worse than not being able to find a guild to raid with is finding the wrong guild and not wanting to be there.

the problem it sounds like you're having is gearing for raids because there was no easy transition to epics and raiding from an introductory entry level raid. the jump from 346 blues to 359 epics is 13 item levels (as I said in another post) this item level gap is the same from normal raid to heroic raid. basically if you're in 346 blues and trying to raid for 359 it will be like heroic mode for you. this is the reason ZA and ZG was created for item level 353 epics.

Oh and also, I've been invited to good guilds before just by playing well and they were recruiting. heroics still have challenges and if you demonstrate flawless skill in handling mechanics, someone should quickly invite you to a guild. there's just something about having that empty spot under your name, especially when you show skill and have decent gear, people WANT you to join their guild. good luck!

EDIT: LOL, I posted before reading the posts in the thread, and yes everything I've said has been said already. I swear I didn't steal anyone's ideas! I mentioned other sources for epics other than raiding and you could get your item level to 355-358 without raiding. making your own guild, I even used the word "surely" and someone else suggested other people in the same situation, "surely". this is pretty funny that we all thought the same thing :P
    Last edited by ungar; 2011-06-04 at 12:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well now there's your problem, you've been pugging your entire life! Find a decent guild for your sake before you crumble away

1. If you're soo good, get WoL parses from whatever you can pug, that demonstrates you don't take damage to avoidable shit, you use consumbles such as double potting, using your healthstone is huge here. Do all this and do steller damage for your gear.

2. Then app to any guild with that log, showing you're a good player.

3. ??? = Profit

Deleted
    Stop trying to get into heroic raiding guilds and go for the ones still progressing on the end bosses, that way you won't have to show any achievements if that's really the problem.