Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Stealth = no speed decrease. Prowl = 30% decrease? wtf anyone?

So guys, I have an 85 druid. And I never worried about our prowl speed decrease, til i lvled a rogue and noticed hey, im running faster in stealth then i would be not in stealth? So wtf is this? Shouldn't it be equalized, since it does the exact same thing?

Deleted
    I dont see how stealth and prowl are same thing.

Wouldn't that just take away some uniqueness of the class without giving any huge buff at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

Tell me the difference?

Deleted
    All stealthers are equal in stealth speed. UNLESS the rogue is subtelty specced and has the Nightstalker talents put in, then the rogue is 10% faster.

Deleted
    Rogue = masters of stealth and whatnot
    Feral = Just a sneaky cat being extra sneaky, and btw... you got a 45%(?) speed increase while not in stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    So guys, I have an 85 druid. And I never worried about our prowl speed decrease, til i lvled a rogue and noticed hey, im running faster in stealth then i would be not in stealth? So wtf is this? Shouldn't it be equalized, since it does the exact same thing?
    Like druids don't have enough benefits going for them already.

Well, I do believe rogues got the better end on the stealth department and the movement department. Since there sprint is 70% with a minute, I would think a cat could do better then 70% every 3 minutes, unlike a humanoid.

---------- Post added 2011-06-04 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Like druids don't have enough benefits going for them already.
    Could you tell me what benefit we get over a rogue?

15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling a feral right now and already have a 85 rogue.
    They are not exactly the same, just very very similar. The main difference is rogue stealth counts as a stance, while the kitty prowl is just a buff during a stance.

I agree it is somewhat dumb that rogues are faster stealthed then visible, but i don't think druids should be the same. Rogues are build around stealth. It's the one mechanic that makes them unique (okay, maybe poisons too) and therefore they should excell at it.
    Druids have enough cool stuff that makes them unique already. Also keep in mind that you can do an Ambush like ability every 26 seconds with stampede, even if you're not prowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Scutajar View Post
    All stealthers are equal in stealth speed. UNLESS the rogue is subtelty specced and has the Nightstalker talents put in, then the rogue is 10% faster.
    No they are not. Rogues are moving at 100% (without buffs/Nightstalker), Druids prowl at 91% (with Feral Swiftness).
    Last edited by DerSenf; 2011-06-04 at 06:15 PM.

I would say having a 30% movement speed buff while out of stealth is pretty good compared to a 10% movement speed buff while stealthed.

Oh. wannabe rogues whining about the master of stealth and shadows and all that shit? Funny guy.

Deleted
    "Omg health low, no worries (pops bear + all cds = 200k hp and self healing like a madman)"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry are you a rogue? nahhh didnt thinkso

It was a change for rogues not druids so why complain
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

They're different classes. They should not be exactly the same. Besides, Stealth is a staple of the Rogue class. The same cannot be said for Prowl.

Well, I do believe rogues got the better end on the stealth department and the movement department. Since there sprint is 70% with a minute, I would think a cat could do better then 70% every 3 minutes, unlike a humanoid.

---------- Post added 2011-06-04 at 01:10 PM ----------

Seriously? You get to play all four aspects of playstyle, you have instant flight form, you can herb / skin in flight form... do I need to go on?

Rogues = do most shit from their stealth, druid = do most shit after they unstealth. Plus druids will be amazing after 4.2 anyways.

I don't have enough experience with either rogues or ferals to say from a gameplay/balance perspective...but just in terms of making any sense I think a cat would move faster than a humanoid while trying to be stealthy. >.>

True until last patch, where the movement penalty from Stealth was removed. So.. false.

Rogue Stealth speed is now 100%, while Prowl speed remains 70%. Tbh this is fair imo, for some time, a Cat has been a Rogue, but better, which is quite a joke, when Druids can already perform all roles in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they're not.

Play a Druid. Go cat form and Prowl.

Play a Rogue. Stealth.

Stealth is faster.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Have you ever seen a lion Prowl ?? they move so god dam slowly, why should it not be the same in WoW, just be happy its not 10 % of normal speed.