Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlandria View Post
    Hey there!

So Neltharion, the self-proclaimed Aspect of Death, has gone a little bonkers. Being the main antagonist in this expansion, it seems fairly certain that when the various guilds of the world do turn their attention to Deathwing, it's going to be in the interest of reprisal rather than redemption. That is to say, we'll be killing him rather than absolving him of his numerous crimes (like tearing the entire world in half). However, despite skipping his medication once too often, Neltharion is still the Titan appointed Aspect of Earth, right? So with his demise, what will happen to Azeroth? It is said that he crafted the land so as to avoid conflict over crops and such for the mortal races, and with his mounting corruption the land itself changed. His descent into madness, one could argue, established the convention of war.

We've already seen the demise of one Aspect - Malygos - and nothing really changed. The abuse of magic was rife prior to his downfall, and so his death (whilst drastically understated and simple for the Aspect of Magic) didn't really change much. Deathwing, on the other hand, still holds his control over the mortal plane of Azeroth; you only have to take a flightpath through Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms to see how the world practically caved in on itself following his emergence from Deepholm. But is the cataclysm his ultimatum? With no-one to maintain the elements, is it simply left up to the Earthen Ring and other mortal forces to play caretaker? Are they powerful enough?

Just food for thought, I don't know if there has been a definitive answer on this. Just interested to see what people think :>
    Well the current Aspects are way more powerless (at last in game) than they used to be described in old lore, the recent thrall quest in hijal show them nearly useless against the fire druids. In the end i don't think that Azeroth need the Aspects anymore the role of protectors is slowly passed in mortal hands, Malfurion, thrall are good example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Well the current Aspects are way more powerless (at last in game) than they used to be described in old lore, the recent thrall quest in hijal show them nearly useless against the fire druids. In the end i don't think that Azeroth need the Aspects anymore the role of protectors is slowly passed in mortal hands, Malfurion, thrall are good example.
    The Twilight Lackeys were chanelling energy from the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    I think I would like that shift... partly because I'm just so damned tired of dragons in WoW, haha.