Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Fights where pets bug?

I am leveling a BM hunter at the moment, and noticed that during the Throne of Tides final boss, when the last phase comes up, when your pet goes to attack the giant octopus, it automatically gets dismissed. I like playing BM versus the other specs, but are there other fights where pets go crazy/weird/bug out? I feel like, especially for those fights (since my pet does so much dmg in this spec) I should just change specs. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had fight like the three princes in To4W where my pet, specifically my core hound, would be bugged and get stuck after spawning when you landed. Would have to dismiss it and call a new pet.

Magmaw - 9/10 times pet get stuck after pulling boss

doesn't matter which pet stance u have or if you dissmiss pet and call again..

it was reported 2 months ago but no one cares in blizz and it's not even mentioned in "known issues/bugs"

sigh

My pet always dies on Magmaw because it gets stuck, like Knoik said...though it has been a little better lately. Thats really the only one where it constantly bugs for me that I can think of...there are occasional other ones but they happen rarely and can be solved with a simple dismiss.

With Magmaw the problem is that spike in the middle of the room, if you're careful not to position yourself so that the spike is between you and your pet, it's not a problem. Also your pet will stay by your side if you try to send him in when the spike is directly between you and the boss. I stopped having issues with that fight after I realized that's what it was, it's annoying, but avoidable.

Magmaw - the "broken" areas in the floor have given my trouble both with pets getting stuck in them (seems to be a pathing issue), and even line of sight... that one was fun.

Tot4W - When on the western platform, when the healing zone gets dropped by the boss my pet will FREQUENTLY get stuck in it, just standing there even if manually told to attack. Fix seems to be /petfollow then /petattack.

Cho'gall - Similar thing here, though it's only happened once, boss was too close to the throne, my pet ran up on top of it and got stuck there. had to be dismissed and recalled to fix it.

Those are the only big ones I can think of other than the Throne of the Tides one you mentioned. Overall there's actually very few pet bugs in dungeons and raids right now compared to previous expansions.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Al'Akir 3rd phase is also very awkward as BM. I'm not sure you can entirely call it a bug, but the problem is that your pet just can't keep up with you while you're zipping up and down avoiding those lightning clouds.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My pet usually falls through the trap door during the pull on Cho.

Sinestra, pets sometimes end up inside the model bathing in lava, especailly after egg phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmin View Post
    With Magmaw the problem is that spike in the middle of the room, if you're careful not to position yourself so that the spike is between you and your pet, it's not a problem. Also your pet will stay by your side if you try to send him in when the spike is directly between you and the boss. I stopped having issues with that fight after I realized that's what it was, it's annoying, but avoidable.
    thanks mate, will try it next time

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Tot4W - When on the western platform, when the healing zone gets dropped by the boss my pet will FREQUENTLY get stuck in it, just standing there even if manually told to attack. Fix seems to be /petfollow then /petattack.
    That's because you can't attack in that zone, isn't it?

Our hunters often complain about Nef P2 and their pets somewhat getting stuck on that pillar. (I remember, when doing my rounds with the adds in P3 I was like "hey, there's still a pet up there" with boss being down to ~like 20%)

Magmaw, Al'Akir and Nef all have problems. Pets don't really stay out during Al'Akir. Nef they get stuck on pillars. Magmaw often oneshots pets after coming off the spike.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.