Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Erm, no. Triple Buffering stops Vertical Sync from chopping your framerate in half when you fall under 60fps. For instance, with VSync and without Triple Buffering, instead of getting 59fps, you get 30. Instead of 29fps, you get 15. With triple buffering, it doesn't force those plateaus.
    Right, vsync without triple buffering is even worse (given you have enough VRAM to support triple buffering). I did neglect to mention making sure vsync was off.

I always turn off both when trying to diagnose problems, though. Both have been known to cause input lag and other issues. "Lag" isn't generally how people describe tearing.
    Moonkin maybe looking for raiding guild.
    Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | Abit IP35 Pro | 8GB DDR2 | XFX GTX 260 | Crucial C300 128GB | Asus Xonar STX | Corsair 550VX | Dell U3011 | IBM Model M | Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    It's more than likely the fact that the card (and the 4x series) is only up to DX10.1 compatible. Yes, it's an experimental DX11 which you can supposedly use some DX10 features, it's still a lacklustre card.

Your CPU and GPU lack a bit of oomph, so upgrading either or both would vastly improve your fps (or lowering detail such as MSAA to x1 and texture filtering to Bilinear, with most of your settings on low/fair.

Ignoring your components, I'd assume that the main problem is with the trees in the area. Before I upgraded my GPU I noticed a problem with trees (dragonblight mainly). My FPS would just crash to the floor.

A clean installation of drivers seemed to resolve it while i still had my 4870, (that's fully uninstalling the drivers, using driver sweeper afterwards and then reinstalling the new ones, with boots in between as necessary).
    I did exactly what you said and I am still experiencing the problem. I used Driversweeper and it still does it.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 03:40 PM ----------

Anyone any idea?

Deleted
    I have exactly the same card (XFX Radeon 4670 1gb ddr2)
    and I'm having even worse problems!

I have all settings on low or disabled, fine when I'm out of town.. 50-60fps, but should I enter a 5 man instance suddenly my fps plummet to 25-30fps which is borderline unplayable.

My cpu is AMD Athlon II x4 620 (4x 2.6ghz) which isn't even stressed during instances, (task manager open on 2nd monitor shows cpu usage averaging 50-70% whilst in instances. while ccc shows the 4670 at 62-66c and 80-99% usage.

Why am I getting terrible fps with that card with everything on low or disabled?

running at 1680x1050 and I have 4gb ram (3.25 usable)

Mod Warning: Do not bump month old threads because you have a similar issue. Create your own thread. It's difficult enough to troubleshoot one person's problem per thread, let alone if everyone posts their issues in the same thread. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-07-18 at 12:06 AM.

Not sure why the focus is being placed on the graphics card. Have you looked at your addons as being the culprit? Delete or rename your WTF/Interface folders and give that a shot. Should be one of your first troubleshooting steps if you don't test other game FPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Not sure why the focus is being placed on the graphics card. Have you looked at your addons as being the culprit? Delete or rename your WTF/Interface folders and give that a shot. Should be one of your first troubleshooting steps if you don't test other game FPS.
    I am running no addons whatsoever, used to use Gatherer and 2-3 others but now I don't use any.

15+ Year Old Account
    Locked thread. Don't bump old threads. Don't post a "me too" in someone's troubleshooting thread. Please create your own threads for your own troubleshooting needs.