Reducing Wows Install Size

Derp to the max.
    Last edited by BlackZero; 2011-06-05 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Im an idiot.

Not sure if serious...

Deleted
    I hope that you know that the game will download the data again, right?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    Not sure if serious...
    Wait, let me help you with that one.

The only files/folders safe to delete (cache, interface, and wtf is recreated if missing when the client is started) is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enXX\*.wdb
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Updates // Only if there are no pre-downloaded files for future patches
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\*downloader*.exe // Assuming old, unneeded patch downloaders
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\*patch*.exe // Assuming old, unneeded patch files

If you deleted anything in your Data folder, you would have to redownload what you deleted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    If you deleted anything in your Data folder, I'm surprised you weren't forced to redownload what you deleted.
    It does download the data again, the client changed with 4.0, so we can play at the same time as it download the missing data.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Wait, let me help you with that one.
    <snip>
    Thanks, I don't have that saved on my comp :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he might be trying to get people to delete it then realize they have to reinstall...

Deleted
    Deleting the data folder just means your client will have to download most of it again as you roam around the world and encounter new content. The most likely effect of deleting that folder is increased load times and reduced performance until everything needed has been downloaded once again. Yes you may save some space temporarily, but it's not a solution to remove that folder.