Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Maybe I've just been playing DotA for way too long but it can't be that hard to stall, I haven't been gone that long.
    The thing is its 160 at max rank. Most ultis at that rank are between 60 and 90. If we take the average death timer for those levels is around 1minute that means that most champions will have their ultimates available by the time they reach a fight situation. Karthus will have still over a minute left on his ulti CD though. You can force fights at turrets or baron knowing that the enemy will be missing out on at least 600+damage per champion. I also believe that if Karthus ultis after his death (highly likely to avoid an interrupt) he wont gain the CDR from blue buff for it, I cant think of any CDR items that Karthus would build so he isnt really reducing its CD the same way other mages are.

When you take into account how squishy he is and his lack of CC he is a perfect dive target if a team tries to defend a target, especially with the short range on his AoE clear meaning, he isnt Anivia that can just put her ulti up and walk away from the turret to stay safe, I dont think there are many other people outside of mages that are particularly good at wave clearing safely either, so an inclusion of Karthus in your team would mean you are taking that risk.

The reward to playing Karthus is meant to be the increased chance of kills that may have escaped your team, as is quite obvious from his complete lack of play in competitive tournaments his reward right now isnt outweighing his downsides. I think its almost safe to say I've not seen a Karthus team win a competitive game since his nerfs.

Deleted
    I could read the wall or I could go get my pizza.
    I'm gonna go with pizza. Just buy CDR and deal with it if it bothers you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I could read the wall or I could go get my pizza.
    I'm gonna go with pizza. Just buy CDR and deal with it if it bothers you so much.
    Guess cant expect much from a dota player!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I have 1200 games played of LoL and about 200-300 of DotA.
    I mean if you want to compare experience...

Deleted
    Sorry, if you lose to Karthus in his current state you are unbelievably bad at the game and have no clue what you are doing. He is easy to zone, his only presence is a ultimate with a 3minute CD, he has no escape, his only CC is a slow, you can reduce his damage by being in minions, you can dodge his main source of damage (2 Qs solo will do more damage than his ultimate) and he goes oom very fast in extended team fights. Lets ignore the amount of items and abilities that totally negate his ultimate too.

But no, that would be too complex for you I suppose.
    So aggressive you get, my dear Karthus player.

I have no problem beating a Karthus, as a vivid Nocturne player (I main jungle, Noc one of my favourites) I have no problem popping W when he uses his ultimate; I also realize the current bruiser-mid meta completely destroys Karthus mid. However, that doesn't mean I can't look at Karthus and still realize the fact that the amount of presence he gives without any risk is simply too much.

Giving it a bigger cooldown literally adds skill to Karthus; how is that anything but good?

All this means is that he has think "Is it worth using my ultimate now, or should I wait for dragon fight?".

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    This nugget is a big nugget, he obviously does not know what stalling means Lycoris. Do you think we should just ignore his rant? Also I want some of your pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    This nugget is a big nugget, he obviously does not know what stalling means Lycoris. Do you think we should just ignore his rant? Also I want some of your pizza.
    If you'd read my "rant" you may even see Id have address the stalling issue with Karthus, but then once again, that may be asking too much of certain people

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is this Karthus nerf? I don't see it anywhere. If you are talking about the nerf from like 3 or 4 patches ago your a little late. I just played him a few days ago and he's fine.

Alternate vs Anexis eSPORTS, they ban Urgot =O like wth they could've banned Kha'zix

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Where is this Karthus nerf? I don't see it anywhere. If you are talking about the nerf from like 3 or 4 patches ago your a little late. I just played him a few days ago and he's fine.
    And my friend beat Riven as Taric top lane and Irelia as Leona top lane, clearly supports are the best top laners.

Watching the qualifiers for EU, a Karthus team got stomped pretty hard. Wukong was able to engage and kill Karthus and/or MF everytime, Karthus team pulled a 4-4 when Karthus ulti is available. Once it was down however they were turret dived every time, because the other team knew there was simply no risk in turret diving a Karthus.

And my friend beat Riven as Taric top lane and Irelia as Leona top lane, clearly supports are the best top laners.

Watching the qualifiers for EU, a Karthus team got stomped pretty hard. Wukong was able to engage and kill Karthus and/or MF everytime, Karthus team pulled a 4-4 when Karthus ulti is available. Once it was down however they were turret dived every time, because the other team knew there was simply no risk in turret diving a Karthus.
    I saw this game, they lost pretty hard, karthus was the only one with the most gold on their team because of his ult.

The EU teams are pretty much anti-meta lol, adc+ support mid/top, APC bot, Bruisers bot like lolwut

Deleted

He asked you where the nerf is. He was nerfed a couple of patches ago because he was OP. Where did you find the nerf?

Outside of that game Im not sure I've seen Karthus at a major tournament, he may have been in one game at the S2 finals? I think its a bit hard to say he is one of the best team fight mages in the game if he doesnt see competitive play.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    He asked you where the nerf is. He was nerfed a couple of patches ago because he was OP. Where did you find the nerf?
    Yes the nerf was a few patches ago, and since then Karthus has basically disappeared from play. Watching him in a game today it was obvious why. And Im pretty sure he wasnt OP.

I think the point of the long CD is the sheer damage it does in team fights. Not counting Jill secures, it's 600 dmg PER player in a team fight, give me another ult that does THAT much dmg. With NO risk of use. THAT is why it's such a high CD

Before i played Karthus i though Karthus players were trolls lol, they're so squishy and easy to zone XD

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    I think the point of the long CD is the sheer damage it does in team fights. Not counting Jill secures, it's 600 dmg PER player in a team fight, give me another ult that does THAT much dmg. With NO risk of use. THAT is why it's such a high CD
    A lot of AoE ulti's will deal that much. MF is 1000+ 360% of bonus AD, I think Wukong is 1000+ 260% of AD. Fiddle is 1625 + 225% AP(it takes 2 ticks of Fiddle ult to outdamage Karthus ult) . Yes they may not hit everyone for their full durations, the MF one is pretty safe. Realistically 550 + 60% AP isnt that much damage for ulti that brings no other abilities, Orianna and Zyra may have 200 less base damage on their ultis, but they have better scaling (70%) as well as big CC effects. Zyra is pretty much proof that you dont need an ultimate to do damage, support Zyra is very strong in nearly all situations due to the usefulness of that ulti.

10+ Year Old Account

Karthus is a late game carry. Outside of the old CLG.EU, no one really plays true late game comps in Tournaments. Even before the nerfs the only team I can think of that actively used Karthus was TSM. His power isn't his ult, it's his disruption. Wall and flash into the enemy team and kill them with Defile.

His ult is used for global lane presence early game. When it's off CD you better hope you don't have low health. He is a fantastic farmer and pusher. His roaming is pretty good. His only downside it how squishy he is. With how the game is currently with assassins everywhere, that's the true reason Karthus doesn't see play, not because his ult has a long CD. Fights can be stalled for CDs, but it won't help him stay alive in a fight.

All of those can be avoided and countered pretty easily... Karthas on the other hand, doesn't have to BE there, technically can DIE and still use it. There are no stipulations. If played smart its a guaranteed 3k dmg to the team, could be higher

10+ Year Old Account
    Answer the question already: *what* Karthus nerf? Where did you see it?

Because I'm trolling RoG and S@20 several times a day and I can't for the life of me remember seeing such a nerf in the last month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    Before i played Karthus i though Karthus players were trolls lol, they're so squishy and easy to zone XD
    Unless they stopped Lay Waste from doing 500 damage a pop on lone targets with just half an inventory, I don't see why he'd be.