Deleted
    Just played against Lissandra for the first time and I don't say this often, but I have a feeling that she's completely broken. AP carry damage on top of Amumu tier cc? Virtually no mana costs due to her passive? Non-ult long-range escape or initiation?

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Because she doesn't really have anything to do with the Freljord, frost dragons are just so cool that Riot couldn't let the opportunity to give her a frost dragon skin pass.
    I just figured they would have bent her story like they did with some of the others xP
    or in the case of trundle totally changed lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    Shyvana got a new skin but is not part of the battle =(
    Only characters where their classic skin is from Freljord are included in the battle, not just anything ice themed. Otherwise we would see Janna as well, or Quinn since she went there, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Just played against Lissandra for the first time and I don't say this often, but I have a feeling that she's completely broken. AP carry damage on top of Amumu tier cc? Virtually no mana costs due to her passive? Non-ult long-range escape or initiation?
    Needs Max % hp damage to be broken, honestly.

Deleted
    Maybe it's just me, but after having played WoW on and off from start 2005 to December 2012, LoL lore really seems out of place and very lacking. I have no idea why they are making such a huge deal about it in 3.6. Does the fanbase really care that much about it?
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-04-30 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Needs Max % hp damage to be broken, honestly.
    She already is partially broken as she is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but after having played WoW on and off from start 2005 to December 2013, LoL lore really seems out of place and very lacking. I have no idea why they are making such a huge deal about it in 3.6. Does the fanbase really care that much about it?
    Yeah, comparing two games that are completely different isn't a good thing.

And they only started making these lore things until a couple of months ago in almost three years, and it's pretty good.

Deleted
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I just started playing LoL so I'm abit noobie still. Just wondering if anyone else who has just started or just plain anyone fancies playing together since I know nobody on LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    I wondered whether or not the shoptab customization made it live because I can't find it. Wasn't there supposed to be the option to change the recommended items? I read it somewhere and thought it should go live with the Freljord patch.
    They're working on it. It was never supposed to ship with the Freljord patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

15+ Year Old Account
    I just figured they would have bent her story like they did with some of the others xP
    or in the case of trundle totally changed lol
    Getting a new skin =/= getting placed in Freljord. She already has ties to Demacia, there's no reason to "bend" her lore to make her have ties to Freljord.

Deleted
    I wanted to go for Lis icon since she's more "evil" ,but working on Ashe one instead since image on icon is bit bigger and reminds me of maple leave(f' yeah canada).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I just started playing LoL so I'm abit noobie still. Just wondering if anyone else who has just started or just plain anyone fancies playing together since I know nobody on LoL.
    What server? When I get back from the airforce recruiter I'd be glad to help out.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Yeah, comparing two games that are completely different isn't a good thing.

And they only started making these lore things until a couple of months ago in almost three years, and it's pretty good.
    I was comparing the fact that lore in LoL is completely irrelevant and out of place, yet they are doing a huge deal about it. In comparison lore is also a huge deal in WoW, yet it makes also a lot more sense to have lore in that type of game.
    Since LoL has such a big player base I see why Riot chose to feature some lore into their game. It's still very unfitting imo. It's like having lore in a game of Chess.

And after trying Volibear, I am definitely going to buy him (20% off this week). Such a strong initiator, jungler and tank. Maybe even Lissandra (not even sure how to spell her name). I am mostly playing jungle/top lane/support, and I'd definitely want to try out jungle and support Lissandra as well as top lane Volibear.

Too bad my account is only level 23 and I rarely get a game with all 5 roles. Means I can rarely play solo top/support.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-04-30 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    If you are on EU West, feel free to join the "Keko"-Channel. You can also add me (Elendoil), even though I did start a long time ago, I'd be more than happy to help out I also have a low-level-account in case you don't want to play with a level 30 because of MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Getting a new skin =/= getting placed in Freljord. She already has ties to Demacia, there's no reason to "bend" her lore to make her have ties to Freljord.
    Oh I agree...the only reason I had that thought was bc the skin was coming out in this patch. And like I said they already brought other characters from their original lore to this new patch. I'm not even saying she should I just had the feeling that maybe she would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I was comparing the fact that lore in LoL is completely irrelevant and out of place, yet they are doing a huge deal about it. In comparison lore is also a huge deal in WoW, yet it makes also a lot more sense to have lore in that type of game.
    Since LoL has such a big player base I see why Riot chose to feature some lore into their game. It's still very unfitting imo. It's like having lore in a game of Chess.
    How is it unfitting?

As you can see, having lore in a moba is pretty much possible and not out of the picture. Yes, the lore has nothing to do with gameplay and what is related to it, it's irrelevant, but it's still possible.

They are doing it just for the flavor and to get more players. Riot isn't doing a huge deal out of it. I actually think what they are doing with the lore is pretty decent.

How is it unfitting?

As you can see, having lore in a moba is pretty much possible and not out of the picture. Yes, the lore has nothing to do with gameplay and what is related to it, it's irrelevant, but it's still possible.

They are doing it just for the flavor and to get more players. Riot isn't doing a huge deal out of it. I actually think what they are doing with the lore is pretty decent.
    I think he thinks it just feels weird that the lore has nothing to do with the game play (or very little) because it is summoners that are using these champions in battle. It does have a weird feel to it. But overall I like that they are paying some attention to the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    What server? When I get back from the airforce recruiter I'd be glad to help out.
    I'm EU west. If that's same as you let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    If you are on EU West, feel free to join the "Keko"-Channel. You can also add me (Elendoil), even though I did start a long time ago, I'd be more than happy to help out I also have a low-level-account in case you don't want to play with a level 30 because of MMR.
    Thanks, I'll add you once I'm home since I'm EU west aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh I agree...the only reason I had that thought was bc the skin was coming out in this patch. And like I said they already brought other characters from their original lore to this new patch. I'm not even saying she should I just had the feeling that maybe she would.
    Riot already stated their reasons for changing lore. They want to foster relationships between the cities/champions. Again, Shyvana already has ties to Demacia. Neither Trundle nor Gragas really had ties to any faction. Man its like people have gotten blinders on because of the lore changes. A skin is just a skin sometimes.

Also there's been fan designs for a icey dragon shyv for awhile now anyway. It just makes sense to release it with the Freljord patch since its all bought the icey people.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2013-04-30 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    I think he thinks it just feels weird that the lore has nothing to do with the game play (or very little) because it is summoners that are using these champions in battle. It does have a weird feel to it. But overall I like that they are paying some attention to the lore.
    Lore doesn't always have to be heavily tied to gameplay.

It's true that if it was, a game could be better but I honestly don't know how Riot would implement lore in gameplay, not that heavily atleast. I hope they won't because it would require a lot of effort and it would probably ruin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Riot already stated their reasons for changing lore. They want to foster relationships between the cities/champions. Again, Shyvana already has ties to Demacia. Neither Trundle nor Gragas really had ties to any faction. Man its like people have gotten blinders on because of the lore changes. A skin is just a skin sometimes.

Also there's been fan designs for a icey dragon shyv for awhile now anyway. It just makes sense to release it with the Freljord patch since its all bought the icey people.
    Are you on attack mode 24/7....I'm trying to be nice and all you do is be a big time d-bag in all your responses. Udyr had connections to Ionia or whatever but he is still a part of this patch (maybe he was already part of the northern lore already but I was under the impression he wasn't...sorry I just started following the lore really) and if he was already part of the northern lore could it really kill you to be nice for a change or I don't know...ignore someone that bothers you. dear god...

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 02:56 PM ----------

Lore doesn't always have to be heavily tied to gameplay.

It's true that if it was, a game could be better but I honestly don't know how Riot would implement lore in gameplay, not that heavily atleast. I hope they won't because it would require a lot of effort and it would probably ruin the game.
    I agree...was just giving my opinion on maybe why the person felt that way about the state of the game. I like how they are implementing it into this game and think it is fine...It's in a perfect place where it doesn't effect the game play at all.

Hit a major slump recently and I've been getting incredibly angry with the game. In the past week or two I've broken a headset, a standalone mic and my mouse (£70 down the drain for that alone). Is the best thing to do take a break from the game? My performances in all matches have been atrocious, went 1/11/11 as Ashe today, 1/9/12 as Lissandra, 0/14/5 as Karthus. It's fucking horrendous and I'm getting genuinely angry.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo