Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    But I only played once with him, today I played 3 games, won all 3 and everytime recieved 5 points. I haven't played with him again except this one game

Its frustrating to go up at snail speed. Does this normalize ?
    They changed something about LP gain in the last patch. Ironically so people would not experience low LP gains in most situations (if they are close to promotion, I believe).
    So if that only occured since yesterday, this change might be the reason.

I haven't tried yet (not like anyone can't anyways), but do you still lose a lot of LP when you lose? I know there has to be some benefit to that since gaining a little less than usual and still losing a lot doesn't make sense at all here.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    sivir is fun in this ARAM mode, got 21/2/8, becuase the map is just long an narrow the Q is really good here!

Deleted
    Champions like Sivir, Nid, Xerath, Ziggs, etc, are pretty good because of their long range and high damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tends to be a "team with most ranged win" situation for most games I've been in. Must admit, I kinda felt bad for the other team in the game where we had all five ranged (and I was support) against their two.

Must admit though, enjoying it a lot more than I probably should, and the learning experience for the champs I don't get to play is wicked useful.
    Is it a bad thing if I'm slightly bored out of my wits half the time even in real life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    They changed something about LP gain in the last patch. Ironically so people would not experience low LP gains in most situations (if they are close to promotion, I believe).
    So if that only occured since yesterday, this change might be the reason.
    Yeah, in one of my earlier posts I allready elaborated how happy I was that they "fixed LP clamping".

They sure know how to fix their games.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seriesh View Post
    Tends to be a "team with most ranged win" situation for most games I've been in. Must admit, I kinda felt bad for the other team in the game where we had all five ranged (and I was support) against their two.

Must admit though, enjoying it a lot more than I probably should, and the learning experience for the champs I don't get to play is wicked useful.
    I won a game with 5 melee vs Nidalee and Lux yesterday. The trick is to wombo combo all your ults together for an all in, otherwise you won't win any engages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriesh View Post

Not exactly. In blind pick? Sure, ranged team will have more chances of winning because it usually consists of ap champions with a lot of good and nuke, like Nid, ap Kog, etc, and if you don't go ranged you go assassin, usually.

I just had a game yesterday were my team was full melee champions with some ranged abilities but essentially melee to do damage. The other team was 4 ranged and one tank, Skarner and the ranged were all ad carries.

My team won the game because I had Trynn and the rest of my team was fairly tanky and a malphite against 4 ad carries is pretty awesome.

Just because a team has ranged champions only doesn't usually mean a win. It does give you more chances of winning if you do it right because you can push minion waves soo much faster because the other team can't push well due to their melee champions or lack of clearing abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    I won a game with 5 melee vs Nidalee and Lux yesterday. The trick is to wombo combo all your ults together for an all in, otherwise you won't win any engages.
    Yeah, a good way to win is always engage when your team is together against poke team because they usually can't poke well while fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poke comps need to stomp early to win. Otherwise melee teams power up too much and just roll over the poke comps.

Deleted
    How are you building Lissiandra? I feel like if I don't build enough CDR/damage it's hard to be any useful in team fights. But if I don't build a few hp items (especially RoA), it's hard for me to go all in and still burst stuff down. Maybe it's because I've almost only played her in ARAM (lack of SR experience), but I am still unsure how to build her.
    She honestly feels more like an AP bruiser type similiar to Elise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Poke comps need to stomp early to win. Otherwise melee teams power up too much and just roll over the poke comps.
    It's more forgiving in aram if you don't stomp the other team due to the "free" farm you get in there. But yeah, melee teams can win games pretty easily late game in there if the other team doesn't stomp or doesn't build properly for late game.

Deleted
    I wish it wasn't possible to leave champion select in ARAM just to get a different champion next time you queue. Should be done so that if you leave champion select you will get the same champion next time you queue up for ARAM. I am a bit tired of having to go through 3 different champion selects before I can play a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I wish it wasn't possible to leave champion select in ARAM just to get a different champion next time you queue. Should be done so that if you leave champion select you will get the same champion next time you queue up for ARAM. I am a bit tired of having to go through 3 different champion selects before I can play a game.
    You get a dodge penalty and can reroll. I've done a bunch of ARAMs and haven't had a single dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It's more forgiving in aram if you don't stomp the other team due to the "free" farm you get in there. But yeah, melee teams can win games pretty easily late game in there if the other team doesn't stomp or doesn't build properly for late game.
    I was talking about ARAMs.

Early game, poke wins. Mid game, bruisers/tanks win. Late game, AD carries obliterate everything including the base.

Of course, this isn't a given seeing how it's random and people just might be playing that Sivir for the first time ever.

Can't read or post in the LCS thread. I am a week behind the games due to work overload. Spoilers and all.

That said,

1. Fanatic vs. Gambit EU finals were fantastic.
    2. Prolly is a superstar.

Deleted
    You have not been playing ARAM before this patch, have you? How it works now is heaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Can't read or post in the LCS thread. I am a week behind the games due to work overload. Spoilers and all.

That said,

1. Fanatic vs. Gambit EU finals were fantastic.
    2. Prolly is a superstar.
    1) Could've been better tbh. (Gambit could've won!)
    2) Verily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I was talking about ARAMs.

Early game, poke wins. Mid game, bruisers/tanks win. Late game, AD carries obliterate everything including the base.

Of course, this isn't a given seeing how it's random and people just might be playing that Sivir for the first time ever.
    Doesn't always work that way because a lot of people with different skills are matched together, also, almost everyone I play with doesn't have the mentality like people do in SR or ranked "LET'S WIN FAST", people actually prolong games in aram and might even lose because of that, so the "Early game, poke wins. Mid game, bruisers/tanks win. Late game, AD carries obliterate everything including the base." doesn't always apply to arams, but it does happen, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You have not been playing ARAM before this patch, have you? How it works now is heaven.
    Yeah, aram is better than ever with the reroll option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No I haven't. Maybe I am just unlucky. I've done like 15 ARAMs now post patch, and more than 10 times someone left champion select because they get a champion they dislike.

Deleted
    No I haven't. Maybe I am just unlucky. I've done like 15 ARAMs now post patch, and more than 10 times someone left champion select because they get a champion they dislike.
    Imagine that, but with the queue lasting 15 minutes, the matchmaking system going off to bathroom every now and then and resetting the entire queue, and people leaving in 8 cases out of 10 because of absolutely no consequences for doing so.

I have to agree; the new ARAM queue is a godsend. Absolutely wonderful.

Most of my LoL playing is not spent in SR. 3v3 and ARAM are what I mostly play on my main account.

ARAM queue solves all the bullshit issues custom ARAM had.

The new icons, do you need to play 10 matches or win 10 matches? Also does ARAM count for the 10 wins/matches?

Nevermind, there is a FAQ: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3389455 the second post.
    Last edited by Durmindo; 2013-05-01 at 04:47 PM.