Ok so Korea who had the same problems as EUW get a free champ, skin and ip boost. Riot want to fix the problems in euw before telling us what the compansation will be.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/05...-concerns.html

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Ok so Korea who had the same problems as EUW get a free champ, skin and ip boost. Riot want to fix the problems in euw before telling us what the compansation will be.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/05...-concerns.html
    Which means, as they are saying that a 4-win boost might not be enough, we might even get a 5-win boost. I don't think Riot would give us a free skin, especially considering that NA (yes, NA) already had a couple of threads how outrageous it is that Korea got a skin while NA merely gets IP-boosts or RP. If EU would get a skin, even though the problems are way more severe than on any other server so far, their beloved American servers would go on a riot (no pun intended).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    If EU would get a skin, even though the problems are way more severe than on any other server so far, their beloved American servers would go on a riot (no pun intended).
    NA would rage like we(generally speaking) on EUW are raging at Riot for giving the Koreans a free skin, champion and RP?

Lol.

Anyway, atleast we know that EUW is going to get atleast something but it would be stupid if it wouldn't be as the same value as what the Koreans got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Which means, as they are saying that a 4-win boost might not be enough, we might even get a 5-win boost. I don't think Riot would give us a free skin, especially considering that NA (yes, NA) already had a couple of threads how outrageous it is that Korea got a skin while NA merely gets IP-boosts or RP. If EU would get a skin, even though the problems are way more severe than on any other server so far, their beloved American servers would go on a riot (no pun intended).
    Which in turn, could have been prevented if Riot wasn't so ignorant up their asses regarding EUW's chronic server issues, compared to how other companies can keep their servers running correctly. *cough* Valve *cough* Nexon *cough* Even EA can apparently do a better job at that, and we all know how hated EA is.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    *cough* Valve *cough*
    While I'm not going to get into the discussion because I know nothing of the issues on EU I will say that I have never seen a program/service lose connection or just go dead as much as Steam does/has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Anyway, atleast we know that EUW is going to get atleast something but it would be stupid if it wouldn't be as the same value as what the Koreans got.
    Is there a skin that was never available on the EUW servers?
    If I understand it correctly, Silent Night Sona was never purchasable on the Korean servers. Therefore everyone got a skin.
    On the EUW servers are some players with the skin, those wouldn't get anything? Another skin? RP? The only possible skin that comes to my mind would be Aatrox' and well... I guess we all agree that they would not give that away.
    Or a skin that hasn't been released yet like Ghostbride Morgana, though giving that away on EUW would devalue it as the "Latin American" skin.
    If there is a suitable skin that does not come to my mind right now, feel free to point it out.
    The best way to equalize it, would be to just give out RP, so everyone can buy a skin they want. Though you could argue that that wouldn't be equal either because the Koreans did not get to choose theirs.

The Korean severs have apparently different management rules, as the issues there are not completely resolved and they already got the compensation, something that the EUW team would never do (according to the post talking about compensation). That makes me believe that the compensation does not have to be the same value.

Whatever it will be (IP boost or RP or a skin or something completely different), I just hope they fix it soon.
    It doesn't really affect me if another region gets something "for free", but I at least want to be able to play whenever I feel like it.

1% of the Koreans already had Silent Night Sona, before they gave it as compensation. I haven't heard of any different compensation for those players.

If Riot can find an equally 'rare' skin for EUW, then I don't see why they can't just give that away.

Didn't the Koreans only have server problems for 5 days though? If that's the case, I'd expect more than a skin since the problems on EUW started like... ehh, 12 days ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Even EA can apparently do a better job at that, and we all know how hated EA is.
    Have to disagree here.

BF3 was unplayable for the last 3 days because a browser update reset your stats, levels and unlocks. Some players are still without their original unlocks, yet we'll get nothing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    Didn't the Koreans only have server problems for 5 days though? If that's the case, I'd expect more than a skin since the problems on EUW started like... ehh, 12 days ago?
    While the problems started later in Korea, the european post made it sound like they aren't resolved yet, who knows if they will stop at the same time, even though that's very likely.
    And what would be more than a skin and champion (if you didn't own it already) but still a reasonable giveaway?
    In the end it would escalate too much and just breed more complaints.
    You see it already. NA got one time RP for server problems and other players are still not over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    Is there a skin that was never available on the EUW servers?
    If I understand it correctly, Silent Night Sona was never purchasable on the Korean servers. Therefore everyone got a skin.
    I did say "same value as what the Koreans got.", I didn't speak about wanting the Silent Sona skin and only that skin, I said with the same value as whatever the Koreans got.
    Though you could argue that that wouldn't be equal either because the Koreans did not get to choose theirs.
    If I heard correctly, the Koreans got the Silent Sona skin and RP, meaning that they could buy an extra skin if they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    It didn't start 12 days ago. It started a lot longer than that. EUW has always had problems, they fix but they keep coming back. This time though, it's been sticking quite a lot and it's just annoying.
    And what would be more than a skin and champion (if you didn't own it already) but still a reasonable giveaway?
    That's totally up to Riot and I don't think there's any reason to speculate to be honest.
    You see it already. NA got one time RP for server problems and other players are still not over it.
    Because NA has been treated above quality while other servers haven't, that's why. If it happens again, this time, the cry out will be bigger than ever.

And what would be more than a skin and champion (if you didn't own it already) but still a reasonable giveaway? In the end it would escalate too much and just breed more complaints.
    An IP boost and/or some RP?
    Riot would easily be able to justify additional compensation for EUW.
    Create a post stating the length of the problems on the different servers and explain why some got more than others.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2013-05-30 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because NA has been treated above quality while other servers haven't, that's why. If it happens again, this time, the cry out will be bigger than ever.
    The NA gets better treatment stuff really needs to stop though. We don't get better treatment. The server issues get dealt with ASAP both for NA and the EU servers. The only argument that can be made is we get more compensation, but that's not better treatment, that's better damage control.

You forget, the one time, ONE TIME, Riot ever gave out RP as compensation (before this) it was to the people on NA server who lost Champions, Skins, Runes, and Rune Pages. All their purchased content, gone. No other server had this issue because it was patched out before going live (there still were other issues though). I don't know why they gave out RP and a skin to Korea this time, but it might have to do with the fact that most people in Asia play primarily through gaming cafes. This the only way some people play and sometimes they are charged by the hour. If the game was unplayable, it's much worse for them than for someone in the EU who just sits in front of their home computer and boots up LoL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    The NA gets better treatment stuff really needs to stop though. We don't get better treatment. The server issues get dealt with ASAP both for NA and the EU servers. The only argument that can be made is we get more compensation, but that's not better treatment, that's better damage control.
    I said been treated better, not being treated better. Isn't it true that NA has in fact been treated better in the past while for example, EUW, has gotten not so good treatment?

I don't care about rewards but if Riot is going to give them atleast they should do it consistently, try to or atleast give an explanation as to why there was no consistency, etc.
    I don't know why they gave out RP and a skin to Korea this time, but it might have to do with the fact that most people in Asia play primarily through gaming cafes. This the only way some people play and sometimes they are charged by the hour. If the game was unplayable, it's much worse for them than for someone in the EU who just sits in front of their home computer and boots up LoL.
    One problem doesn't make the other less important and doesn't mean the other problem doesn't deserve some kind of compensation or fair treatment, which we already there will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    One problem doesn't make the other less important and doesn't mean the other problem doesn't deserve some kind of compensation or fair treatment, which we already there will be.
    But it's, IMO, not worth RP. People cry and cry for RP not realizing how bad a situation has to be to get said RP. You will get compensated, most likely the standard IP boost of some length.

Deleted
    I did say "same value as what the Koreans got.", I didn't speak about wanting the Silent Sona skin and only that skin, I said with the same value as whatever the Koreans got.
    And that's exactly what I meant. No matter what Riot will end up choosing, the only way most of the community would see it as equal would be a skin that has the same amount of owners on EUW as Silent Night Sona had on Korea.

I don't really see where I implied that part about "only that skin". I was simply wondering whether a skin like that actually exists. For that to be not misunderstood, I elaborated on the matter. Also in case I made a mistake so someone could point it out. Apparently I failed that.

Why I asked what would be "more" than a skin and a champion?
    Because I honestly think it's getting too much. Whether x RP and IP boosts are more than the skin does not really matter to me, but if this goes on, every time a server goes down, players will demand more and more. So it was more a rethorical question.

I personally think speculation is fun and does not hurt anybody. In the end 90% of my guesses are wrong, but it's alway nice to see how close my idea was. A bit like betting just without the stake.

Deleted
    But it's, IMO, not worth RP. People cry and cry for RP not realizing how bad a situation has to be to get said RP. You will get compensated, most likely the standard IP boost of some length.
    If Riot wants to keep consistency I think they would want to atleast give RP since the Koreans also got RP, no? The problems both servers have are pretty much the same, and still not fixed I believe, and they got RP. Why can't EUW get RP, just RP, wtv, as a compensation? I don't care if it's now or after it's been fixed, as long as the players are rewarded.
    And that's exactly what I meant. No matter what Riot will end up choosing, the only way most of the community would see it as equal would be a skin that has the same amount of owners on EUW as Silent Night Sona had on Korea.
    I don't know if I have said this before but I don't care if the reward is RP or a skin. All I want is the servers fixed for good and to stop having these stupid problems for days.

But if they are going to give rewards, fine, but they should give them consistently.
    I don't really see where I implied that part about "only that skin". I was simply wondering whether a skin like that actually exists. For that to be not misunderstood, I elaborated on the matter. Also in case I made a mistake so someone could point it out. Apparently I failed that.
    You didn't, I just expanded on it. And I have no idea of what skin could be equal to Silent Sona but as I've said before, if we get RP that is atleast 975, I guess everyone should be happy, no need for IP boosts or something like that. I mean, I would be happy. I doubt the majority of the community would be happy, as usual, but whatever.
    Why I asked what would be "more" than a skin and a champion?
    Because I honestly think it's getting too much. Whether x RP and IP boosts are more than the skin does not really matter to me, but if this goes on, every time a server goes down, players will demand more and more. So it was more a rethorical question.
    Yes, getting a free champion, free skin, rp and an ip boost is honestly too much, even if no one could play while the problem was up on a server.

Yeah, I agree that if Riot keeps giving more than they should be giving, a lot of players will eventually keep asking for more and more, so Riot needs to be careful when giving out rewards for problems like this one.

One good question now here though would be "what does Riot consider too much?".
    I personally think speculation is fun and does not hurt anybody. In the end 90% of my guesses are wrong, but it's alway nice to see how close my idea was. A bit like betting just without the stake.
    I said that because I think it doesn't matter if we speculate or not, the final decision is Riot's and not the community's, I mean, I am assuming that atleast, but yeah, nothing's stopping you, me or anyone else from speculating, I just think it's futile since I think the final decision would be Riot's and not the community's.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-05-30 at 10:11 PM. Reason: fixed

le cry guess I'll get started playing Dust 514 then. *whimper*

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

I wouldn't mind some bigger sale and IP boost as recompensation, doesn't have to be RP or skins right away. But with so much pressure on them they might end up doing something cool (MAYBE)

I had some interesting games today. Few things i'd like to share.

1: AP leona is fucking strong in normal games where people are too stupid to buy MR.
    2: There seems to be a AD cap at 523. Had a zed who didnt get any more ad from his IE.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

When i support Leona i take ap and mpen runes.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?