1. #33101
    Herald of the Titans Zelgius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Land of Canaan
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    There will always be buyers for useless crap. Just see all the people successfully selling Timebreakers.
    Well, yeah, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Riven codes sell for upwards of 400$. And I mean sell, not "are put up for". There's always someone willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money for something that could pass as a status symbol.
    How would you know they are sold though? Unless you have personal experience with it lol.

    Also, how is it a status symbol? "I've been a Riven player since Season 2!"?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    How come I see no one talking about the new Yi changes? I've been playing him on the PBE and he is very fun, where he should have been at. Hell, he might do too much damage for how much damage he does. You're heavily rewarded for building a lot of damage and picking your ambushes wisely. I haven't played him in a actually match to see how much defense I should by but he melts things and has an insane jungle clear. He could a a good ganker. Might not see much LCS play because of the meta surrounding junglers but he will see a lot of normal/solo q gameplay.
    Because I can't log in on the PBE so I can't test Yi, which leads to me not discussing the new Master Yi.
    ~ "I've got a special deal... a one way ticket to hell!" ~

  2. #33102
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    How come I see no one talking about the new Yi changes? I've been playing him on the PBE and he is very fun, where he should have been at. Hell, he might do too much damage for how much damage he does. You're heavily rewarded for building a lot of damage and picking your ambushes wisely. I haven't played him in a actually match to see how much defense I should by but he melts things and has an insane jungle clear. He could a a good ganker. Might not see much LCS play because of the meta surrounding junglers but he will see a lot of normal/solo q gameplay.
    He already has a very fast jungle clear and he deals a lot of damage. Looking at the numbers, they increased his scaling but nerfed his early game damage a bit.

    He is and still will be great for 1on1ing people and splitpushing. The changes are great and increase his scaling a lot but he still has the problem of being a squishy melee without CC. One CC and he's usually dead. I guess if you want to play him, cleanse might be vital.

  3. #33103
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    He already has a very fast jungle clear and he deals a lot of damage. Looking at the numbers, they increased his scaling but nerfed his early game damage a bit.

    He is and still will be great for 1on1ing people and splitpushing. The changes are great and increase his scaling a lot but he still has the problem of being a squishy melee without CC. One CC and he's usually dead. I guess if you want to play him, cleanse might be vital.
    His R fixes the CC issue. And the CD on his Q is lowered with auto attacks meaning that building AS on him doesn't hurt. His passive (down 4 hits to proc a double hit) also counts towards lowering the CD on his Q. Land a crit with his Q and he will melt ADCs.

  4. #33104
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    12,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    How would you know they are sold though? Unless you have personal experience with it lol.
    Just go to ebay.com and search for championship riven, click completed listings, and you can see what they sold for - this auction for championship riven on the NA servers ended at $710 with 33 bids o.o

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Championship...item3cd32a08df

    The mind boggles.

  5. #33105
    Herald of the Titans Zelgius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Land of Canaan
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Just go to ebay.com and search for championship riven, click completed listings, and you can see what they sold for - this auction for championship riven on the NA servers ended at $710 with 33 bids o.o

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Championship...item3cd32a08df

    The mind boggles.
    ...I.... what...

    Who the hell was crazy enough to buy that for 710$...
    ~ "I've got a special deal... a one way ticket to hell!" ~

  6. #33106
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    jacksonhell
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    ...I.... what...

    Who the hell was crazy enough to buy that for 710$...
    someone with way to much extra income

  7. #33107
    The Lightbringer Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    How would you know they are sold though? Unless you have personal experience with it lol.

    Also, how is it a status symbol? "I've been a Riven player since Season 2!"?
    If there's an active bid for 300€, and it's one of 3-4 bidders, then it means the skin went for that price at least. :P

    And I have no friggin idea how is that prestigious - but the only reason anyone would pay that much for a skin is "status symbol".
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  8. #33108
    Pit Lord Martinussen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark, Ørum
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    Im not sure why im weening myself off akali, i forgot how bad people are 28-2-7 11-1-8 7-1-1 last three games
    Akali is insane at stomping noobs. Rush gunblade and sorc shoes and you can burst anyone. 3 gap closers + a long range slow + shroud to give vision over walls and hide in. She can build hourglass and abyssal and that is enough defensives for her.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

  9. #33109
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    jacksonhell
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Akali is insane at stomping noobs. Rush gunblade and sorc shoes and you can burst anyone. 3 gap closers + a long range slow + shroud to give vision over walls and hide in. She can build hourglass and abyssal and that is enough defensives for her.
    Oh I know I got almost 400 ranked games with her and close to 500 normals I consider her my main but I know she's not very good at higher levels of play I tend to only mid so I've been playing Ahri a lot more, gunblade sorc shoes deathcap void staff lichbane gg

  10. #33110
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    His R fixes the CC issue. And the CD on his Q is lowered with auto attacks meaning that building AS on him doesn't hurt. His passive (down 4 hits to proc a double hit) also counts towards lowering the CD on his Q. Land a crit with his Q and he will melt ADCs.
    R doesn't fix the CC issue. It only makes you immune to slows, not to stuns/fears/knockbacks. Unless they're changing it into Olaf ultimate with the rework, that is.

  11. #33111
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    His R fixes the CC issue. And the CD on his Q is lowered with auto attacks meaning that building AS on him doesn't hurt. His passive (down 4 hits to proc a double hit) also counts towards lowering the CD on his Q. Land a crit with his Q and he will melt ADCs.
    Like Drathos said. The small buff to the R (CD reset always active) wont change it.

    Not sure about the passive. I prefered the old passive a lot more because you could prepare a gank.

  12. #33112
    I can't help but notice that Nami is becoming an increasingly popular pick in pro plays recently. At least for the SEA and EU region which i watch.

    Nerf incoming soon for popular supports. Sona, Taric, Lulu.

  13. #33113
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Nerf incoming soon for popular supports. Sona, Taric, Lulu.
    Those three supports were already nerfed. Soraka was nerfed a long time ago, and Nunu was nerfed in S3. Janna is recently seeing play after a minor buff and the other supports getting nerfed, same with Nami. Karma, Nidalee, and Teemo are still lackluster supports, even if you buff them. Thresh has yet to be nerfed significantly, but that's due to the nature of his kit, you can't just nerf him numbers wise and see any effect.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-07-14 at 06:23 PM.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  14. #33114
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Those three supports were already nerfed. Soraka was nerfed a long time ago, and Nunu was nerfed in S3. Janna is recently seeing play after a minor buff and the other supports getting nerfed, same with Nami. Karma, Nidalee, and Teemo are still lackluster supports, even if you buff them. Thresh has yet to be nerfed significantly, but that's due to the nature of his kit, you can't just nerf him numbers wise and see any effect.
    Sorry, what i meant was that she might follow in the footsteps of the popular supports and get nerfed.

    Although the nami's i've beens eeing in pro plays tend to be missing their ult more often then not.

  15. #33115
    Nami is possibly as strong as Sona right now. Janna being the top. I don't see Nami being nerfed as it's taken buff, after buff to make her useful.

  16. #33116
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    Nami is possibly as strong as Sona right now. Janna being the top. I don't see Nami being nerfed as it's taken buff, after buff to make her useful.
    Nami is just about on-par balance-wise to Sona. Nami's Q and R being hard-to-land skillshots keep her in check.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  17. #33117
    feels like nami is the new sona zzzz i only play nami now because her kits are just amazing and you can always win in duels (unless you have ezreal because he goes tears first)

    unless!! its vayne with botrk then its gg...... vayne OP
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

    5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

  18. #33118
    I'm confused, just had six games as top AD Sion and stomped all of them.

  19. #33119
    Do some of you use the tribunal?

    I did it for the first time yesterday and it was a bit confusing. I skipped three cases simple because I had no idea what to do.

    In all of those three cases was one game that would have been a clear punish (strong raging at a certain player, including strong insults), 1-3 (depending on the case) were unjustified reports and the rest were in the middle ground. Not really bad but probably annoying for everyone in the game.

    If it wouldn't have been for the one really toxic game, I would have chosen pardon.

    Do you go with the majority, so 3 unjustified reports would be a pardon, even though the others were toxic, or do you punish based on that one really toxic game?

  20. #33120
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I'm confused, just had six games as top AD Sion and stomped all of them.
    That's actually pretty believable. Most people probably have no idea how to lane against an AD Sion because he's seen so rarely. Surprise factor can play a big role in winning lane/winning game. The other day I played against a top lane Warwick for the first time ever and had absolutely no idea what to do. I figured it'd be a pretty easy lane for me but I honestly can't say I beat him convincingly.
    Counting bodies like sheep
    To the rhythm of the war drums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •