10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    At least they talk english.
    Well the person I quoted was talking about a guy who stole the blue buff as GP mid and kept loling in French...
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thigrai View Post
    God i hate randoms -.-"

Today i decided to play amumu because i hadn't in quite a while. We have this GP with a skin midding so i ask him for a leash, he Parrley's and then comes down and starts auto-attacking. I ask him to go back to lane as he might share my XP and put me behing on my jungle, and guess what he does? He steals the blue buff and then runs off. That pretty much cost us the game. I had to B at lvl 3 which ruined my whole "One gank at 4, second at 6" routine, and i got behind on levels early on. We lost...

And the guy was french, all he kept saying when i asked wtf he was doing was "mdr" which apparently means mort de rire, or dying of laughter. Oh god...

And why didn't you secure the buff with Smite?
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Garen is a god.

I was soloing bot vs a lee sin and chogath, while my partner tried to jungle. Ended up 14-0-6 first time playing. OP much?

Deleted
    on topic of supports:

shield supports are quite powerful at the moment. Lux seems to be one of the most aggressive ones and is also a great asset to the team because of her cc (but you have to hit it :P). Janna works well with an AD heavy team in which you boost one of your champs to take down everyone and get fed early. Karma is my special little pretty girl. I love her. If you know how to play her, you can carry your whole team, because she can do everything and has the highest dmg output (well, maybe Soraka is now higher because of Q-spam, but she hasn't got a shield. Still she's pretty sweet). Taric also is pretty aggressive and if you play him properly with a decent ad carry, a good stun will get you early kills and sometimes initiate in late game fights. Sona is probably the most *solid* choice and easy to learn, though hard to master (like every support champ in my opinion). Spam skills = get assists. Spam skills in the right order with the right timing = win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Garen is a god.

I was soloing bot vs a lee sin and chogath, while my partner tried to jungle. Ended up 14-0-6 first time playing. OP much?
    Garen is powerful, yes, but people really have to stop thinking just because they get fed in a game/even in their first game, said champ is op. In one of my recent games we destroyed our enemies and our mid Morgana kept on saying how OP she was and how good and that this is her first time, etc pp. That their mid just was terrible...she didn't seem to notice.

Garen is a god.

well garen has very good early game but late game meh

10+ Year Old Account
    Garen is a god.

He is easy to shut down if you're playing against a smart mage/ranged.

Also he scales like shit compared to mages and carries in late game. Just got to play carefully in early-mid and dont let him get kills.

But against stupid/inexperienced people Garen is unstoppable.

Who I really consider OP is Morde, if the player knows him well enough, he is a freaking steamroller. And his damage never seems to go down all game, you don't even need to get AP items.

Sorc boots > Haunting guise >Force of Nature > Sunfire Cloak and even fed champs still die in 1v1 situations against him. Get a Hextech/Rylai/Abyssal scepter in the end just to seal the deal and you'll be godlike...
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-08-30 at 06:56 PM.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Late I had zerkers, 2x blood thirsters and dancing blades.

With his Q scaling at 2.5x AD he is pretty much a beast. Yes I prolly built him wrong, but I had amazing results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Late I had zerkers, 2x blood thirsters and dancing blades.

With his Q scaling at 2.5x AD he is pretty much a beast. Yes I prolly built him wrong, but I had amazing results.
    I just wouldn't expect those kind of results on him in late game against experienced people.

Last loss I had with Garen, I felt pretty much impotent late game.

They enemy team was Amumu, Karthus, Veigar, Xin Zhao and Caitlyn. I was the only beefy character on our team and I simply couldn't get to any of them to initiate, too much CC.

Between Karthus' screen and Veigar's Horizon.... stepping forward in a team fight pretty much meant being nuked into oblivion in 2 seconds. Even with Frozen mallet, Mercury treads and Guardian Angel the damage was insane.

And circling for a sneaky gank against those guys wasn't an option either, they were pretty smart.

Deleted
    Garen is a god.

Not op. I due those things with Blitzcrank. Garen is countered by pretty much any bulky autoattack champion such as Warwick or Jax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not op. I due those things with Blitzcrank. Garen is countered by pretty much any bulky autoattack champion such as Warwick or Jax.
    Nah... WW doesn't counter Garen.

Jax might, but then again, Jax counters almost every melee dps/assassin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    Just played Lee Sin....my only reaction is: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN o.o he is awesome, he is so beefy! Didnt get too far but I managed to get trinity force and bloodthirster and I owned faces. <_<

Try carrying the game with Kassadin, a true assassin. Just carried a game with him, against an angry Kennen that I was killing so fast that he couldn't even use his ultimate .

Deleted
    Yalls dislike of Garen makes me a sad rhino.
    Garen is pretty OP early game, but he falls of later. He is annoying when I lane against him because of his goddamn passive and his lack of mana.

Nah... WW doesn't counter Garen.

Jax might, but then again, Jax counters almost every melee dps/assassin.
    Actually he does, since I played a lot of time against him. Warwick pretty much smashes everyone 1 vs 1 when he gets his madreds and builds tanky. Well..except jax if I don't get sword of the divine. I went 0/5, and ended up 11/6 against a fed Garen today, all thanks to Madreds :P.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-08-30 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try carrying the game with Kassadin, a true assassin. Just carried a game with him, against an angry Kennen that I was killing so fast that he couldn't even use his ultimate .
    I dont play Kassadin, its my real friends main so I skip him. We are gonna keep Lee Sin and Kassa in same lane though. :3
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

10+ Year Old Account
    Garen is pretty OP early game, but he falls of later. He is annoying when I lane against him because of his goddamn passive and his lack of mana.

Actually he does, since I played a lot of time against him. Warwick pretty much smashes everyone 1 vs 1 when he gets his madreds and builds tanky. Well..except jax if I don't get sword of the divine. I went 0/5, and ended up 11/6 against a fed Garen today, all thanks to Madreds :P.
    1. That is assuming you are being allowed to farm/gank more effectively than the Garen. Madred's is an expensive item.

2. I've had contrary experiences, where one quicksilver sash activation made WW pay for even trying to 1v1 me. A full Q>W>E>R mostly ended any "debates" on the matter =)

The clear exception would be if WW also has Lizard buff, which is a very decent damage increase, but then - trying to 1v1 him is pretty stupid for almost any champion.

Not saying WW can't 1v1 Garen, just saying he's not a counter to Garen until maybe late game when he's very fed imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    1. That is assuming you are being allowed to farm/gank more effectively than the Garen. Madred's is an expensive item.

2. I've had contrary experiences, where one quicksilver sash activation made WW pay for even trying to 1v1 me. A full Q>W>E>R mostly ended any "debates" on the matter =)

The clear exception would be if WW also has Lizard buff, which is a very decent damage increase, but then - trying to 1v1 him is pretty stupid for almost any champion.

Not saying WW can't 1v1 Garen, just saying he's not a counter to Garen until maybe late game when he's very fed imo.
    solo top. Me as morde against any garen i have met so far = me having 2+ kills from early game, or super farm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farec View Post
    solo top. Me as morde against any garen i have met so far = me having 2+ kills from early game, or super farm
    You've met bad Garens then. Garen shouldn't be trying to gank Morde unless there's a clear opportunity or a gank from a ganker.

Also, a good Garen won't let Morde push too hard either.

Deleted
    You've met bad Garens then. Garen shouldn't be trying to gank Morde unless there's a clear opportunity or a gank from a ganker.

Also, a good Garen won't let Morde push too hard either.
    might be so, which is why i added the "so far". But how will you stop the push if you keep taking dmg?

Deleted

Yep, you're right there. I always had Lizard Buff, otherwise I couldn't catch him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farec View Post
    might be so, which is why i added the "so far". But how will you stop the push if you keep taking dmg?
    The way most tanky chars would counter Morde: Harass him hard before he reaches level 3, stand away from your own minions as much as possible so he can't hit both.