Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    I actually play Lulu support a lot. She works just fine against tanky/dive supports. The peel and safety you can provide for your ADC is amazing with her. Plus Lulu has insane poke and if played correctly she can win the lane all by herself.

Kennen Support is fun too. The first two levels are kinda iffy as you need all spells to be effective and get your stuns off. But after that and if you now how his stun rotations work you can win the lane hard. At level 6 you have a free double kill for your ADC as no other support can trade with Kennen at level 6.
    Pff, my Olaf level 6 support in your face. With axes.

Deleted
    I think i found myself the perfect noob savior for botlane. Tahm Kench.
    It counters every support with a grab, pull, bind simply by Devouring the ADC.

It also counters Zed so bad it hurts. I was laughing myself to death when i was Devouring all Zed's ultimates targets. Such a huge counter!

His only problem is the laning phase. Sure he can save the adc from all binds, but he does no preassure in lane.
    Last edited by mmocb564611563; 2015-09-20 at 03:34 PM.

It is rather fun to pick a poky champion, like Annie or Karma when the enemy takes a tanky one like Leona or Braum or w/e. Just keep poking them, and keep them under 50% hp, they will never ever jump on you, and if they suddenly start to play aggressive while being low-ish on their HP, you know the enemy jungler is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Playing Heimer top against a Jax and you start getting some incredibly salty comments because he can't work out he needs to bait my stun before jumping in... Pure bliss.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Playing Heimer top against a Jax and you start getting some incredibly salty comments because he can't work out he needs to bait my stun before jumping in... Pure bliss.
    Id imagine as jax you just farm all day long and wait for ganks. Jax actually seems like the type of champion that could dive a heimer with his ult and tankyness as long as he gets a bit of follow up damage from another source. And its not like getting early MR or Lifesteal goes against how Jax wants to build, might only have to delay TF a bit

Deleted
    Holy fuck, where have all these mid diana players come from? Has she always been so fucking strong? Just got stomped by 1 playing as Ahri. Her Q poke is stupid!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love pooping all over Diana players. And no, she wasn't always been "so fucking strong", say thanks to new items. Also dodging her Qs is quite easy, it's double ult that makes her difficult to deal with
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They're easier to play. Anything that's tanky is easier to not totally screw up compared to being something that's squishy. That's why whenever tanks are is a good spot all the tank champions have an above 50% win rate, while if Zed is strong his win rate could still be low.
    I find tanky supports to be a source of bad habits really. Being mainly on squishy champs (which is what mages are pretty much) i gotta be on point with my positioning and well if i don't get punished for being out of place im not really learning much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I love pooping all over Diana players. And no, she wasn't always been "so fucking strong", say thanks to new items. Also dodging her Qs is quite easy, it's double ult that makes her difficult to deal with
    Unfortunately I think part of it was she was a better player overall... I flashed to charm (ended up really close to her) and the Diana flashed away, the reactions had me Shocked aha. Every time I went to cs she would Q me and constantly pushed the wave making it hard for me to cs as she sustained with flask and pots. Anything I can do next time to give a Diana a harder time?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I find tanky supports to be a source of bad habits really. Being mainly on squishy champs (which is what mages are pretty much) i gotta be on point with my positioning and well if i don't get punished for being out of place im not really learning much.
    I can agree with this. I used to play with a friend who only played support. He was really good when he played tanky supports as his positioning wasn't good, but he had good reactions so could turn things around.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Unfortunately I think part of it was she was a better player overall... I flashed to charm (ended up really close to her) and the Diana flashed away, the reactions had me Shocked aha. Every time I went to cs she would Q me and constantly pushed the wave making it hard for me to cs as she sustained with flask and pots. Anything I can do next time to give a Diana a harder time?
    If you can dodge her Q's, you can harass her early off her CS with even just auto attacks - really you need to set your strength against her pre-6, if she has a strong lead when she gets her ult she's right to just blow everything on you again and again to reinforce her advantage: she's an assassin and a not bad counter-pick to Ahri.

Pre-6, keep the wave in the middle or slightly to your side of the map (especcially if you dont have vision at the time), wait for her to come in to CS, especcially if she doesn't have her shield active, then Ahri-Ball through the wave into her - follow/lead with an AA if you can - then back out if she pursues on foot. Diana doesn't have much sustain beyond potions, and she doesn't have engage pre-6, that's when you can bully her a bit.

Also, be very careful about your lane position - if you overextend and the enemy jungler is nearby, that Diana will be perfectly justified in blowing Flash+Ignite+E to secure that kill on you, so she can farm in peace for a bit.

That and dodge her Q's, also she can only double ult if she lands her Q - so she's very dependent on it for both poke and comboing. If you really have trouble with it - get Sorc Boots early - movement speed helps a lot with any projectile dodging.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Then again, people need a tanky top/jungle/support, to cower up their bad positioning. There is SO many times I save some ADC with shitty positioning, just because I can take that ult to the face even if I am at under 50%, and still live. Or jump in and take on a diving Zed 1v1, and CCing him just enough for my ADC/APC to get away.

It is a reason they have been in the meta for ages (with exceptions).

I love playing squishy stuff as well though. But tanky stuff that seems to do "nothing" is what I win most games with, simply because I can carry my squishies easier with it.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    When I have to top, I almost always take Shen - his ultimate is incredible for saving lives in Solo Q, and between Teleport/Ultimate he has fantastic map presence. Plus, a good Shen taunt-dash is super effective as a peel. He's not a very exciting champion to play, but for a tanky SoloQ top laner - he's like FreELO.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I don't agree with Shen being a good pick in this meta. Top lane is full of carries right now. Shen basicly gives them a free lane. What the hell is Shen going to do against a Gangplank or any off the Juggernauts? Yes, his global presence is annoying as hell and can turn around fights but outside of that? I'd rather take Shen as support nowadays.

I played against a Shen top the other day. (I was support) When he was level 6 he would constantly help out his bot lane with Teleport/Ultimate. It caught us off gaurd the first time. Sure, he made a good Shen play, congrats! But what he did not know is that he released the beast in Gangplank top who had a free lane and carried us some time later in the game. All because Shen is supposed to make these teleport plays because that is how Shen works. And besides all that. He simply lacks the damage to outtrade the likes of Gankplank, Fiora, Garen or Darius.

But that might just my experiences with Shen top. Good for you for making him work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    I don't agree with Shen being a good pick in this meta. Top lane is full of carries right now. Shen basicly gives them a free lane. What the hell is Shen going to do against a Gangplank or any off the Juggernauts? Yes, his global presence is annoying as hell and can turn around fights but outside of that? I'd rather take Shen as support nowadays.

I played against a Shen top the other day. (I was support) When he was level 6 he would constantly help out his bot lane with Teleport/Ultimate. It caught us off gaurd the first time. Sure, he made a good Shen play, congrats! But what he did not know is that he released the beast in Gangplank top who had a free lane and carried us some time later in the game. All because Shen is supposed to make these teleport plays because that is how Shen works. And besides all that. He simply lacks the damage to outtrade the likes of Gankplank, Fiora, Garen or Darius.

But that might just my experiences with Shen top. Good for you for making him work.
    How do I explain this... You don't pick Shen to win top lane, you pick Shen to win other lanes.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    How do I explain this... You don't pick Shen to win top lane, you pick Shen to win other lanes.
    Yes, I'm well aware of that. But with a top lane carry meta that shit is risky as hell. Hence why I don't like Shen top. His rework might change that though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Need help setting up runes

I only got 3 pages to work with so i got one setup for mid mage, support mage and im trying to think of what a mage would typically want in top lane? I believe top lane mages currently in the meta consist of vlad, malzahar, lissandra... maybe some more im not aware of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    It depends from Diana to Diana, but dodge her Q by moving towards her and slightly down (south). Good players will try to get as much ground as they can covered with her Q effect to leave you little to no space to dodge it. Also ward enemy raptors, she often will push you into the tower and take raptors (if you have poor waveclear and will stuck under the tower autoattacking enemy minions), your jungler can utilize it. Also she can try to take your teams raptors, which is also should be punished by a jungler unless you have long ranged poke.

Bully her as much as you can pre level 6, try to keep her at low health, so she won't all-in you at level 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

As someone who enjoys "farm" tops, such as Gangplank, Jax, Singed, and the ever-farming Nasus, Shen is always a fun lane. Sure, we can both TP down bot, but I'm still going to 1-shot his ADC.

Of course, bully and all-around strong tops (Renekton, as an example) will just push Shen around like he's nothing. Like Tizzle said, you pick Shen to win other lanes, but the problem is you leave open the top lane. It's no issue with other "tank/support" top laners, but that doesn't happen very often (if at all) in soloqueue.

So I read this about Shen here, decided to take him for a spin in top lane, last time I played him was in the jungle I believe..

His sustain with Q-Autos with the shield on top of that is rather good. I was against a Shyvanna, and by the looks of it, she had never played against a Shen before. When she used W (the whirly thing) and went for me, I simply tossed my sword at her face, pressed W, and autoed her to win the duel. After I got my sunfire cape I started on my Triforce to get some damage.
    Also I had full map awareness, mostly because Shyv had no chance against me top lane, Shen is a beast at sustaining. Got a double kill/assist bot, TPed top just in time for our Yi to come aswell and got a kill there because Shyv was pushing like mad after I ulted away, so she was all the way back at my turret, making it an easy gank for Yi.
    Later on I had full control in teamfights, who the fuck cares about fed carries, when all you have to do is taunt them on your fat ass, soak up all their damage while your carries nuke them down.

In short - he is a beast, a very underestimated beast.

- - - Updated - - -

What do people pick against Garen and Darius top by the way? They are banned like 90% of the games, but when one of them are open, what on earth to pick? And no, Teemo is not an option! Decided to take out Jayce to counter Garen now *crossing fingers*

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, didn't work. Just couldn't harass him enough at all, even if I laned about 3 out of 4 Qs on him. Didn't make it easier that their Xin jungle gave him a couple off kills/assists though :P

And damn, my team got a new ass hole handed to us by a VERY good Vayne player. I wasn't even mad when she kinda 1v4 us. Just amazing to watch. And she lost the early game so hard to a very good Lucian player, but kept up her farm, even if she died a couple of times early, and carried her team proudly on her shoulders #respect.