15+ Year Old Account
    OMG the meeps are penguins! I'm not a fan of the outfit - but the meeps are adorable
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by camplify View Post
    Anyone have any tips for a brand new player? I've read a lot of guides and stuff online and it's very overwhelming.
    Play around with the champions that are Free to Play, you can go to probuilds.net to see what items pros get Also there is sites like mobafire etc that got guides that you can use in the beginning to get a grasp over what to do..
    When you find a champion you really enjoy, and you see you got enough IP (Influence Points) you could always buy him/her and start the journy of maining a champion! But in the start just try everything! Runes isn't all too important, try to make 2 pages mainly: AD and AP

AD:
    Attack Damage Reds.
    Armor Yellows
    Magic Resist Blue
    Attack Speed Quints

AP: (Some others might have a better starter one, I mainly play AD)
    Magic Pen, or even Hybrid Pen reds
    Armor Yellows
    MR Blue
    Ability Power Quints

Those two pages should be ok for pretty much any champion on a starter level.

Masteries is just test and see how it goes really, thats where I am now as it was all remade this patch.

Also if you find the LoL toxic to be very toxic, and perhaps they flame you a lot for losing lane etc, you could always go against Bots in the start, there is nothing wrong with that! You even learn the turret ranges better there, as there is a circle around them when you get too close.

Gameplay, I'd say you should focus on last hitting creeps first, thats where your main income of gold is. But as a total fresh player I'd say focus on having fun first!
    After you figure out more items equals more fun, you start to last hit. This is a process you might have to go trough with every champion, as they got different cast animations etc to get used to.
    When that is in order, try to harass your lane opponent while last hitting, try to not miss anything and you can win a lane by simply outfarm the other one!

And when you got last hitting in place there really is just a learning curve you have to go trough: Vision game, mind games, item builds, counter picks, counter builds, team compositions and so forth.

I wish you all luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    OMG the meeps are penguins! I'm not a fan of the outfit - but the meeps are adorable
    AND HE BRINGS HOT CHOCOLATE!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

POPPY REWORK

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    POPPY REWORK
    Her ult seems kind of... Far fetched.

And now, my friends, we await the truly outrageous Taric VU.

He is coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tsun God View Post
    Her ult seems kind of... Far fetched.
    It seems worthless on teamfights...
    Why would you want a knock back to the enemy base?

Edit: Oh....maybe doing it on a strong carry champion at the begining of a team fight will make a 4v5 instead of a 5v5.
    I get it now. Seems OP and fun

Edit 2: LOOOL did you notice the Easter Egg on "lollipop poppy" splash art?
    The uggly face of the old splash art is on the lollipop. ahahah
    It's like she is saying "goodbye ugly ass splash art"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-11-24 at 08:01 PM.

Anyone have any tips for a brand new player? I've read a lot of guides and stuff online and it's very overwhelming.
    Do not play LoL. I repeat. Do not play LoL :P

But honestly, you WILL regret it, if you get competitive. It's nothing but a constant struggle that gives you nothing in the end.

(/cry)

With that said, if you want to have some semi-competitive fun, go ahead. But believe me:

Do NOT, EVER, buy skins. EVER.
    Last edited by Well; 2015-11-24 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    I would prefer her ult to knock enemies in the direction it was cast, instead of closer to the base automatically.

Can I haz link for poppy rework?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Can I haz link for poppy rework?
    You can haz
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/11...of-hammer.html

Illaoi is out as well, immediately said, "Screw top, I'm a supp main" and proceeded to bring her there.

As I suspected, the tentacles are... Rather overwhelming zone control. If you get a spirit, and your ADC knows what to do, it's huge damage going to either one of the enemy team, and them becoming a vessel is just insane. Tentacles spawning everywhere, if you're oppressive and can manage to keep them from killing 3, it becomes very hard for them to farm and not get pushed back. Even then, if their jungler comes in, her ult is great. Nice base damage, the tentacles are untargetable and attack better, and if it's in an enclosed area (like tri bush), then it's even worse for whomever you're fighting.

She's as good playing her as I thought she'd be bot, and far better than I think she should be. I'm sure it's because she's tuned for top lane, but with her base damages and the way the spirit works, it's just so oppressive for the enemy lane. Gonna keep going with her - haven't had this much fun with a champion since I started playing Taric - but I feel she's going to get a well-deserved nerf at some point.

Runes and Masteries are different than what I use top lane, since I go for max CDR asap for her ult/E abilities. Could/will probably end up changing the runes, feels a little too "safe" right now. Thinking some AD or penetration would work better.

For items, I start with Relic Shield, work that into Face asap after Sightstone, and grab Merc's Treads when I can. After that, Xeke's, Locket, and then some sort of health item (Righteous Glory works well, gives her pretty much everything she needs, Banshee's is great as well, and Warmog's makes her job as a tank loads easier). Even with building no AD/juggernaut items, she still deals a ton of damage, so I feel this is fine. If I want a little more, Sterak's is another good item for that - and it helps with the whole, "I'm big, target me first" thing.

More testing and fooling around to do before I put something together, but I'm very happy with her as a support character, even if she wasn't intended as one. She fits the bill as an aggressive tank, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2015-11-24 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Added links to Runes/Masteries

Deleted
    I did a Duel against a Illaoi...2800 damage from tentacles
    I got owned son

But i don't think she is overpowered.
    It's the champion with less mobility AND less crowd control of the game.
    And by less...i mean none, lol
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-11-24 at 08:59 PM.

Unless its changed since I started, you can pick up Tristana, Alistar and Garen for free by following Riot on Facebook, Youtube and Twitter respectively. Tristana and Garen are both extremely easy to get to grips with, but I'd avoid Alistar for now, playing him badly usually results in you helping the other team out more than your own.

Second of all just forget absolutely everything you've read in a guide! Most guides are written under the assumption that you will know the basics of the game, if you're brand new most of it is just going to be meaningless terminology and white noise. The content of said guides is also going to be almost totally irrelevent to your games when you're just starting out.
    The default item builds for most Champions are usually pretty good, they'll indicate the kinds of items you should be looking to buy. Start looking for more in-depth information when you get comfortable with the basics of the game and are ready to move on, not before.

For your Masteries, I'd put the first 5 points into Savagery in the Cunning tree. It'll make a huge difference to your last hitting.

Avoid playing the following; Azir, Bard, Draven, Gnar, Graves, Kalista, Rumble, Teemo, Syndra, Yasuo and Zyra. They've all got unique mechanics which are going to get in the way, except Teemo. Pick him at your peril, theres a circle of hell reserved those who do. You should be just fine picking up almost any other champ by yourself, they're not as complicated to play as most guides would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Unless its changed since I started, you can pick up Tristana, Alistar and Garen for free by following Riot on Facebook, Youtube and Twitter respectively. Tristana and Garen are both extremely easy to get to grips with, but I'd avoid Alistar for now, playing him badly usually results in you helping the other team out more than your own.

Second of all just forget absolutely everything you've read in a guide! Most guides are written under the assumption that you will know the basics of the game, if you're brand new most of it is just going to be meaningless terminology and white noise. The content of said guides is also going to be almost totally irrelevent to your games when you're just starting out.
    The default item builds for most Champions are usually pretty good, they'll indicate the kinds of items you should be looking to buy. Start looking for more in-depth information when you get comfortable with the basics of the game and are ready to move on, not before.

For your Masteries, I'd put the first 5 points into Savagery in the Cunning tree. It'll make a huge difference to your last hitting.

Avoid playing the following; Azir, Bard, Draven, Gnar, Graves, Kalista, Rumble, Teemo, Syndra, Yasuo and Zyra. They've all got unique mechanics which are going to get in the way, except Teemo. Pick him at your peril, theres a circle of hell reserved those who do. You should be just fine picking up almost any other champ by yourself, they're not as complicated to play as most guides would have you believe.
    I would go..

adc:ashe/tristana/corki
    mid:annie
    top:garen
    support:soraka
    jg:warwick/xin zhao

They changed graves and I haven't played him so I didn't recommend him for that reason.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-11-24 at 10:33 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Doesn't even remotely feel like Poppy anymore. Which I think we all knew was going to happen due to them trying to sell that her E was the only iconic thing about Poppy and not her ability to single someone out.
    Disagree tbh. They even kept her old passive somewhat intact with her new abilities. Her is still there and you're still smacking stuff with a hammer like her Q.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I read Poppy's Ult it isn't knocking them all the way BACK to their base. But Backwards in the direction of their base. The Ability Previews a full 4 sec charge only seemed to knock them back the distance of say Mid tower to just past river.

Still a decent knockback but nothing like knocking them all the way back to base like some people are thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    A red clarified that at max charge, you'd roughly be knocked back from outer blue tower to aggro range of auto red tower in midlane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    As I read Poppy's Ult it isn't knocking them all the way BACK to their base. But Backwards in the direction of their base. The Ability Previews a full 4 sec charge only seemed to knock them back the distance of say Mid tower to just past river.

Still a decent knockback but nothing like knocking them all the way back to base like some people are thinking.
    A red posted on reddit that in the ability preview, the one where she knocks back darius by himself, he's put near the 2nd tower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    My biggest problem is that she's a solo laner and her ult is horrible for solo laning unless it deals a massive amount of damage. It will always knock them towards their base so you're going to let them live anytime it doesn't kill them. Then it could become just flat out not fun for anyone on the enemy team. Getting knocked away from a team fight asap is just boring for them.
    I think you're missing the real point of it.

You are Poppy, you are Top Lane. You are dueling Jax. You are both low, but you think you will win.

Jax turns to run. You pursue.

A WILD ELISE APPEARS ZOMG YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AND JAX WILL LIVE NOOOOOO.

R.

*Elise flies off back to her spawn*

Q.

Jax dies.

You are poppy. You are victorious.

Edit: Scenario 2 because that was fun.

You are poppy. You are rotating bot lane.

Elise is soloing dragon!

Dragon is about to die!

R.

*Elise flies off back to spawn*

Q.

You have slain the dragon.

You are victorious. You are Poppy.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-11-25 at 01:09 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I think you're missing the real point of it.

You are Poppy, you are Top Lane. You are dueling Jax. You are both low, but you think you will win.

Jax turns to run. You pursue.

A WILD ELISE APPEARS ZOMG YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AND JAX WILL LIVE NOOOOOO.

R.

*Elise flies off back to her spawn*

Q.

Jax dies.

You are poppy. You are victorious.

Edit: Scenario 2 because that was fun.

You are poppy. You are rotating bot lane.

Elise is soloing dragon!

Dragon is about to die!

R.

*Elise flies off back to spawn*

Q.

You have slain the dragon.

You are victorious. You are Poppy.
    The R knocks them nowhere close to back to their Spawn.

IT KNOCKS THEM IN THE DIRECTION OF THEIR SPAWN.

Im trying to see how that ult actually helps in duels unless u get behind them or the damage is high enough that its used as an execute kinda like how some Lees use Dragon Rage. Otherwise I see it as a way to escape ganks and to make even fights uneven.